It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found the Loch Ness Monster on Google Earth!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I made a video showing not one, but several nessies. Whats Amazing to me is that after I made this video, I found out that most of the nessie sightings occur in the same area I found them clustered on google earth!

Check it out:

CX

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Interesting post, thanks for sharing.

Having spent a fair bit of time at Loch Ness, i have to say that people will see a monster in anything.

I did it myself, spent ten minutes filming a log at the end of the loch.

It would handy to know what the local boat owners make of this, or the Loch Ness museum. They may know what these long objects are.

Could be big thick bits of mooring line with a load of crap caught up in it.

No idea really, but it will be interesting find out for sure.

Thanks again.

CX.

I'll make a few phonecalls tomorrow and see what i can find out from the local business there, they may have some knowledge that could be usefull.

[edit on 14/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That is amazing, it very well could be images of the Loch Ness Monster. I mean, what else could it be? A jumbo water moccasin? Not that large, I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
kind of looks like a boat making a U-turn..

but.. you would think there would be more 'wake spread'

who lknows.. Great find though

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you go on google earth you can clearly tell the difference between boats and wakes and these objects (which are below the water by comparison). Plus the siz measurement doesn't match up to boat activity...iits a long thin snakelike figure, not an expanding V formation.

Alot of the descriptions of the monster make it sound snakelike in appearance, and descriptions of a plesiousaur suggest that it would have difficulty getting much of it's neck out of the water.

I was aso excited to find that when I measured these with the googe earth measuring tool, they all matched up right withing or near that range of what a large plesiousaur woulf fall under.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by grom0007]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It looks likes floating debris in the water. There are lots of odd shaped linear features in the water. Some are "lumpy" and other more consistent in width. I see nothing here that suggests that any of these objects are animals. There is no "body" associated with any of the features.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grom0007

Yer, nice try OP but I can't see anything here that remotely resembles a plesiosaur or any of it's genus. The closest lookalike being Thalassomedon, the one you used in your video, but I still don't see any resemblence. Where is it's body mass, the part that would be most easily seen?

However, I don't have a legitimate answer for what it is you have found but I would guess that it is either a natural phenomena or maybe a reflection/trick of the light.

Still, it's a nice find all the same

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Do you think they could be fishing nets of some kind?

I really don't see nessie's...
Just me though.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Looks to me like maybe some oil-containment boom from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? Maybe BP drilled too far, went off-course and it popped-out in Loch Ness?

That might explain why the Lock is so murky?

[edit on 2010-6-14 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'll have to admit, it could be quite possible that is a indeed Nessie thingy, but I do have a question.

All these images show an extremely curved neck.

Maybe a dinosaur expert could answer this but why would it spend its time curling its neck like that?
What's the purpose?
Is it a paranoid or spactic Nessie?
...is it reaching back for fish?

Why not just swim forward like all other living sea creatures?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Aren't these just Google's image watermarks?

I've seen the same shapes on land images.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its swamp gas or lens flair no no its a hair on the lens.
sorry OP couldnt help my self
My S.W.A.G on this
The pics are kind of odd the pixelation when you zoom in with GE really sux
At 3:40 you estimate it to be around the 20m mark just going off of your estimate that would put it at around a meter to a M1/2 in diameter so it could be plausible that it could be the neck of a plesiosaur but from the pick its hard to make out were it starts and were it stops or what it is
But with that aside good eye's

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok. I easily found the image directly and it isn't the watermark.

But honestly, it looks like lint or a hair caught on the image.

I realize this is a sat photo, but I'm not clear how these are further processed.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well keep in mind, theres more than one...they are mostly around the middle of the loch, I couldnr find any at the north or south ends.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

That is what I think to but the thing that I am looking for now is
how are the pick entered in to GE
1 are they digitally downloaded in to a database strait from the sat.?
or
2 The pics are downloaded from the sat. printed then put in a filing cabinet then scanned back in to the database?
#2 Would explain the hair theory

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just a small correction to ya vid, the pics dont come from space. The only ones that come from space are the way zoomed out ones, as soon as it gets fairly close up to the land what your actually seeing is the view from a plane with a camera flying overhead.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hello,

I respect your enthusiasm for finding creatures we are unfamiliar with, but I have several questions that would need to be assessed by you or anyone else demanding immediate attention before I could suspect this evidence as factual.

That image you show in your youtube video of the lochness monster, what are the sources for the size of it? Are there any references made to valid accounts of what a "lochness monster" would appear like?

If the said form on the zoomed in google map image is supposedly a lochness monster, and it is meeting(for better or worse) proper proportions in relation to the image of the lochness you provided, then why is there no bulb like body on that form?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Being from Scotland and being to this Loch heaps of times, I really think the whole Loch Ness Monster thing is total BS.

The most convincing footage i've ever seen turned out to be a family of otters swimming in single file.

One good thing though, it does bring in millions of Tourist $$$ every year to the Scottish Economy.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thank you OP, interesting thread.

Have a look at Loch Ness on flashearth. Zoom in here ...

www.flashearth.com...

There does actually look to be objects of some kind in the water, which match what the OP has noticed.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is the closest I can get to the object, it's a screenshot from flash earth. There's quite a few similar objects in the vicinity to this one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join