It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obama ad: 'Gather your armies'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Alabama Republican congressional candidate Rick Barber is encouraging his fellow tea party activists to “gather your armies” against President Barack Obama — with a campaign ad that twice shows a hand fidgeting next to a Revolutionary War-era pistol.

In the new ad, Barber is seen sitting around the table with actors playing George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Sam Adams.

The ad opens with a shot of the pistol sitting on a table and Barber saying he would “impeach” Obama.

“Today we have an Internal Revenue Service that enforces what they call a ‘progressive’ income tax,” Barber tells the assembled Revolutionary heroes in what appears to be an empty bar.

As the camera pans toward the gun again, Barber says: “Now this same IRS is going to force us to buy health insurance, cram it down our throats or else.” Pointing to a copy of the Constitution, Barber says, “Now, I took an oath to defend that with my life, and I can’t stand by while these evils are perpetrated.”

“You, gentlemen, revolted over a tea tax! A tea tax! Now look at us,” he says before asking “Are you with me?”

The camera then turns to Washington, who says, “Gather your armies.”

I would prefer to just leave this one alone. I will let you guys go at it, I want to stay out of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
13 Colonies revolted for a tea tax, after the Revolution, the colonists revolted against the Federal Govt. after they enacted a whiskey tax. It almost seems silly Not to revolt. But seriously, armed revolution against the US govt is silly, they can zap you from frikkin space.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

That's assuming every person associated with the government would go against the "regular citizens", which wouldn't happen.

Also not touching this ad, but interested to see where it goes.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
13 Colonies revolted for a tea tax, after the Revolution, the colonists revolted against the Federal Govt. after they enacted a whiskey tax. It almost seems silly Not to revolt. But seriously, armed revolution against the US govt is silly, they can zap you from frikkin space.

Except there is no "they" if we revolt. "They" are us, just doing jobs. I am one of "they," but I am also one of us! If "We" revolt, I won't be a "they" anymore.

Seriously. I don't want my tax dollars going to companies "too big to fail" and I don't want it going overseas, and I don't want it going to BP! I want my tax dollars going to the troops here in the US, I want it going to protect our borders, I want it going to fix the political and economic systems by putting some substance into them! If "they" won't fix it, then "we" have to!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Seems like we are starting to see more and more revolution talks. While something definitely needs to change I don't see an armed revolution as being a very effective option.

I realize things are very controlled at the political level but with so many people starting to come around maybe soon a change really could be made? It would still take a ton more "eye opening" before the numbers where there that could expose what is really going on behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You laugh but I don't think this should go unnoticed. Besides its these kinds of Ads that give the Tea Party and Republicans a big boost. Its funny to you, but not funny to Democratic constituents that are being harrassed and heckled by drone like "patriots".

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Dude this is the future of politics.

That ad was masterfully crafted. It really touched me deep inside.

Well, I'll just put it this way. That guy, came to do 2 things. And he's all out of bubblegum.

And his commercial did exactly that. It kicked rears.

Low budget, top quality.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I wasn't laughing in favor of the video, just read my Avatar and the line below my name. You will understand what my position is on this subject.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wealthy Caucasian southern boys sure get ANGRY when there is an African American in office. Our President is honestly trying to steer this country around from the near RUIN that one of THEIR boys caused before him. The President is trying to help WE THE PEOPLE for a CHANGE, and these boys down there AINT LIKEN' IT ONE DARN BIT, are they?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Wealthy Caucasian southern boys sure get ANGRY when there is an African American in office. Our President is honestly trying to steer this country around from the near RUIN that one of THEIR boys caused before him. The President is trying to help WE THE PEOPLE for a CHANGE, and these boys down there AINT LIKEN' IT ONE DARN BIT, are they?

So I am racist against black people if i hate being OVER TAXED and OVER REGULATED???

What if I am black?

Does that mean I hate my own race if I was black??

Or do Black people love being taxed to death??

You tell me . You are the race expert after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Keep up the prejudices against people like me. Go back to watching CNN. We're all dumb racist hicks with shotguns down here.

Talk about living in the past.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
reply to post by dashen

That's assuming every person associated with the government would go against the "regular citizens", which wouldn't happen.

Also not touching this ad, but interested to see where it goes.

This is why there is thousands of Russian troops stationed in California... plus who knows how many other non US troops around the country. They will have no problem putting a bullet in a citizen. That is of course the clean up operation after they unleash a few weapons we have never even heard about.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The stats are available so Google them. Your "good ol boys" spend MORE on WAR during TWO terms in office, then this Administration will spend TOTAL if it went for EIGHT CONSECUTIVE TERMS.

You FAIL!!

Yep.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

I'm a caucasion southern boy, and I hate all the politicians equally. My Representative is Allen Boyd, and my local Tea Party is actively driving him out of his office! He is a "wealthy caucasion southern boy" as well, but he refuses to listen to his constituents.

Obama's problem is not his race, I voted for the guy! His problem is ramming Healthcare down our throats with threats of penalties instead of just restructuring Medicare and offering an option to buy into it. His problem is hundreds of csars to unite all the branches of government under his rule. His problem is teleprompters and big promises with little substance. His problem is embarrasing "proud" Americans by apologizing for us all over the world!

It sure is easy to blame race, but it ignores the fact tha many of us voted for him in spite of his race, because we believed his campaign rhetoric, and now we are left holding the bag, and watching our kids futures encumbered worse than ever before in the history of the nation! It isn't all his fault, but the $1 Trillion bailout and the Healthcare bill certainly are his fault.

If he was forthcoming, he would have said, "Folks, our economy is in dire straights and I am at a crossroads. I can mortgage the future of this country and encumber generations of our youth with toxic debt, or we can all pitch in together, weather this storm, I know it will be hard, but I am cutting governmental wages and spending, and we can all weather this storm together. The depression will be deep and short-lived but it is the best thing for our countries future." Instead of saying, "Lets print more money, our grandkids will take care of it!"

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

I hate to fall for either obvious trolling or just immature arguments, but...I have never been in office my friend, nor would I want to be in office.

I assume you are caught up in the Red Vs. Blue argument. Have fun with that. I automatically win this debate.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71

Well said. The source of all this angst is obvious.

Funny how the older I get, the less I care about this stuff. I think when you get closer to death you realize how futile all these angry causes are.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Spouted by idiots like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, this movement won't get much steam. The system of government was broken well before any democrat got their hands on it but they only start making noise when it happens to be a African/American at the helm. I think these southern boys are showing their true colors.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Go back to watching Fox and Rush, and Bill O'reilly and the Televangelists with their FAIRY TALES, HAHAHA!

OH, and keep that SHOTGUN and chewing tobacco away from your CHILDREN, its bad for them.

A friendly reminder.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Wasn't Bush born in Connecticut?

And it's arguable whether Obama has done anything to help this country.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So what is next point out the
Colored Oil In the Gulf
and you Racist?

You all have worn out the Racist Card LOL.

<<   2  3 >>

join