It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some odd memory "glitches"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I really don't know what else to call these. They are not dreams but a feeling like a memory is there, however it is like a simultaneous memory, like I am haveing memories from recent past that involves a song that was released in 2005, where I have this feeling that I experienced something with a few friends and the memory is attached to that song. The thing is I have not been near these people in years, lots of years, certainly not in 2005. The thing about the memory is I can't quite grasp it very well, It's like when you know you're forgetting something. But one is distinct...my Best Friend whom I still talk to, I can see her laughing at a section of the song thinking it's hilarious, but she's like 1200 miles away from me, and as far as I know I never even discussed the song with her ever. In 2005, in fact was a time I'd lost touch with her. Anyway the whole events surrounding the memory cannot have happened at least not in this reality as far as I know. It's making me question if I am recieving a double's memories from a reality in which I am still living near my hometown and I am not in the situation of this world, it is completely different. I am so confused. I know it wasn't a dream. It feels like a definately real memory, but just one that wasn't very significant, something you'd just sort of recall. It's very wierd.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

eh, no, it doesn't! cannabis can improve memory actually: www.telegraph.co.uk...
Time line shifts mess with memory.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ooh, that sounds very strange, OP.

Is this the first time something like this has happened to you?

Is the song you mention significant to you in any other way? Would you mind letting us know what the song in question is?

Sorry, didn't mean it to sound like I'm interrogating you

My first thought was perhaps some kind of time slip / anomaly / parallel dimension thing (cos I believe that sort of event can happen) - but not sure what your feelings are about that?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Don't smoke as I have asthma, and cannot it's worse to me then any allergen out there.To me it smells disgusting, and makes me violently ill if I even get within twenty feet of it.

Edited for courtesy.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

The song is not really significant to me in any way, except when I hear it it triggers memories that have never happened. And yes I have had other things like this happen, for one I have had future memory, or premonition, whatever you want to call it, I have had other memories that are there but I only have the memory where it feels like it didn't really happen. This is very common for me. I don't know latley though I feel as if I am seeing two places existances at once. It's very strange indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Disgusting? That is an opinion but i believe it has healing abilities.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It may have, but it makes me violently ill, so It will never be any good for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hmmm... sounds like you're very 'tuned in' if that's the right phrase, to this kind of event/feeling. This might be way off base, but do you think you're feeling differently lately has anything to do with the rare planetary alignments that are happening at the moment? I really just thought of this, but there are a lot of events happening in the world at the moment, hubby and I feel that things are strange lately, maybe it manifests itself more strongly in someone like yourself because you experience things more easily/strongly than most.

Wish I had more to say to help you though.

By the way, know what you mean about cigarette smoke. I'm asthmatic too and I also think the smell is sickly

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Don't smoke as I have asthma, and cannot it's worse to me then any allergen out there.To me it smells disgusting, and makes me violently ill if I even get within twenty feet of it.

Edited for courtesy.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

too right its disgusting, i have never smoked either, and it does have an awful smell.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it just sounds like a false memory to me. Everyone has them. Our memory is not set in stone and is in fact subject to a great deal of decay over time.

Source-monitoring Error

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would say that the most likely and logical explanation for this is that you had a dream and you are only remembering bits and pieces of it...but I tend to see the most mundane and rational explanation of most things. Occam's Razor and all.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Yeah it is like this thread here

I have definatley had that something is off kilter feeling lately.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

It could have been a dream, but it feels even more like a vivid dream more than a normal dream. But yes it felt more substantial than a dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by tappy

The song is not really significant to me in any way, except when I hear it it triggers memories that have never happened. And yes I have had other things like this happen, for one I have had future memory, or premonition, whatever you want to call it, I have had other memories that are there but I only have the memory where it feels like it didn't really happen. This is very common for me. I don't know latley though I feel as if I am seeing two places existances at once. It's very strange indeed.

Not to get too "Dr. Who" on this

but,

It sounds like two timelines are crossing weird. Quantum physic stuff. I have a friend that has had dreams of different realities multiple times to the point that its almost "too real".

make contact with this friend that laughs at the song. Maybe as simple as a psychic connection via emotional response. If yall are tight, you may be able to feel her across the physical distance.

worth a shot any way.

BTW,

your not going nuts. you just feel that way

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just to throw in another possibility, but maybe you're remotely sensing what these people felt when they heard the song, even if you haven't seen them in years and they live a long way away.

I'd be more inclined to go with the dream scenario though.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Yeah this is what it could be I was thinking. Or maybe we live the same lives multiple times in very different ways reincarnating throught he same series of lives over and over and maybe making different choices every time till we get them all right????

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

That's a good possibility, as I knew she was sick and that's why I contacted her in 2007 because I dreamt I went looking for her but no one was at home but in the house was a wounded bird. And then I found she has all sorts of medical issues. It was something I was sensing from her.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it just sounds like a false memory to me. Everyone has them. Our memory is not set in stone and is in fact subject to a great deal of decay over time.

Source-monitoring Error

Yeah cause wiki is the be all end all of sources...okay.

whatever!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have come to this conclusion. This form that we know as ourselves has died many times. Those close calls you remember were times when you actually died and crossed dimensions. What we all are calling a timeline shift are actually the discrepancies from one dimension to the next.

When we cross dimensions in spirit, we merge with our pre-existing self coming closer to "spiritually whole" every time.

What happened here is the fact that in one of your parallel lives, you remained close to these friends up to the point where you shifted.

It's a real memory. Friendship and love always find a way to break through the suppressed subconscious. =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join