It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan was only president to defy the "20 year curse"!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Beginning in 1840 and continuing through 1960 before the assassination of John F. Kennedy, presidents elected in every consecutive 20-year administration had died in office.

After narrowly escaping death following an assassination attempt in 1981, Ronald Reagan -- who lived to become the oldest U.S. president -- was the first to defy that disturbing trend.

He did have an attempt on his life, though.

As legend goes, this so-called '20-year curse' was supposedly cast by an unknown Indian chief. Others have attributed the phenomenon to astrology, whatever.

But this coincidence spanning the course of a century was difficult to dismiss.

It started with the death of former president William Henry Harrison, who died of pneumonia after being elected in 1840. Next, it was the assassination of Abraham Lincoln after his 1860 election, followed by the assassination of James Garfield who took office in 1880.

The 'jinx' carried well into the 20th century with the assassination of William McKinley, who was elected in 1900. Then there were Presidents Warren Harding and Franklin Roosevelt who died in office, elected in 1920 and 1940, respectively.

Finally, there was Kennedy -- the youngest president -- murdered on Nov. 22, 1963.

That makes seven of the eight presidents who died in office being elected in the 20-year cycle.

President George W. Bush was also elected in that cycle when he became the 43rd commander in chief.

Lets pray he the curse works this time!!

[edit on 11-6-2004 by fortean]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thats sick man, just plain sick.

Childish and sick, I had to read it again to see if you meant it. What the heck is this all about?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The "curse" is well known and documented all over ATS.

Perhaps fortean has some reason to dislike or disrespect George W Bush? Why would that be?

--------------------
Bush-----------Decent American

[Edited on 11-6-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Lets pray he the curse works this time!!

[edit on 11-6-2004 by fortean]

I don't care if it is documented, this is just sick to say.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You may well be right.

But isn't "sick" synonomous with "bad" and "def" to most readers?

Outasite!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If you are an AMERICAN citizen you should be deported before the Secret Service comes to interview you.

Because you know pal, they're on their way.

I have no love for Mr. Bush; I didn't vote for him; I EVEN resigned from the Republican Party because I could not be associated with such a buffoon; and I am working as hard as hell to he is not re-elected.

BUT NO MATTER HOW I FEEL. "He�s MY PRESIDENT."

And I resent you�ve suggested such a horrific thing; and demand you edit the abomination you call a post...................erase it.

Remember what they called Clinton??????????? A scumbag.........Well that was wrong but if someone suggested it for you...........I might consider it as appropriate.............maybe!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The "curse" only didn't work if you consider being shot, then struck with Alzheimer's in your second term a non event. Somebody upstairs didn't like that man IMO.

As for Dubya, I can't imagine a more "cursed" Presidency. I mean 9/11 happening on your watch isn't exactly God sprinkling faery dust on your shoulders.

I realize the curse originally meant "dying in office". But metaphorically I think it holds true.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
gmcnulty

Hey man we agree on something, alright!
I am truly happy. I will now make peace for the next week as a sign of my happiness.

Because this kind of thing is just sick. I don't think he realizes he just hoped somebody would die. Disgusting man.

new topics

top topics

join