It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed forces with M-16s down the street from me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS members,

A few days ago, I was driving by oil tankers which are located her near the San Pedro harbor. I have traveled this way daily to go to various markets and places I need to go.

Roughly a week ago, I noticed something different.

There are approx. 20 fuel tanker trucks, which are camouflage in color. There are almost equally as many 'tents'. The tents are the big ones which can house multiple people. The soldiers are walking around with helmets on and what appear to be M-16s around their shoulder.

The couple of time I passed by, the soldiers had hand on trigger, with what I assume to be live rounds. This does NOT look like a drill. Some of the 'tents' have camouflage for air defense(the beige type that makes them blend in with the ground.

There are guards on every corner or 'point' open to a PUBLIC street. This operation is only right behind barbed wire fences, which any jogger, car, bike rider can pass by.

I do not know if this is the National Guard or Army. I cannot stop that long without drawing attention. But this is on a road which everyone can drive by and is VERY common in San Pedro/Long Beach area.

I myself am a very 'pics or it didn't happen' person. But...I cannot stop and take pics for fear that one of these guys will see me as a threat or something. I mean, they are walking around with friggin rifles and look ready to shoot.

I am thinking about getting pics, but don't know how. My cell phone can record but I have to drive by multiple times and don't know how accurate of filming I can get by driving at the same time.

I really want to show what's going on but I'm kinda freaked at what they'll do.

The oil tankers (land based) are on ***location of troops taken out of thread until further notice**** There is a field by a baseball diamond that they set up shop at. Kids played there every week, but not now. They took over the whole park area.

I did not see any other type of vehicles. Just camo tanker trucks/transports, huge tents, and guard walking around with rifles, and 4 men on each point.

I have no clue what is going on, but the fact they are near the oil refinery, and the fact they have guards on lookout freaks me out.

I might even get in trouble for posting this because it is a location of Defense forces. If anyone thinks I am doing something illegal, please advise, I don't want to put anyone in danger.

If this post breaks any law Federal or Local, please take it down. I don't need the headache.

ETA AGAIN: Putting photos here until I can get the video up. The stills aren't that great as the video, but they are the best I can do for today.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

ETA AGAIN:

Please note, there are more tankers and tents than shown in the photos. The armed guards were walking the perimeter but it was hard to shoot and drive down a 40 MPH highway with rush hour traffic behind me going real fast.

They were under trees and under a camo netting. They are all over but low key, and they have LIVE M-16s on them with fingers in the ready position while they walk.

VIDEO I TOOK:

yfrog.com...

or here

img824.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Freedom of the press.

If you go and try to take a pic and they stop you it is even higher grounds to post the story here so we can all know what is going on.

May I suggest being a good distance though just in case?

Edit**

Also curious why the troops would be where they are, I saw the initial location, I wont post it for your own sanity, but just seems odd they would be doing anything out of the ordinary in your area.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I have my choice of my camera (with zoom) cell phone (with video) professional camcorder with HD (and zoom).

I'm thinking of how I'm going to approach this. Whether to keep distance, or just walk up to them and film / inquire. I don't need the trouble though if they decide I'm a 'threat'.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
Freedom of the press.

If you go and try to take a pic and they stop you it is even higher grounds to post the story here so we can all know what is going on.

May I suggest being a good distance though just in case?

Edit**

Also curious why the troops would be where they are, I saw the initial location, I wont post it for your own sanity, but just seems odd they would be doing anything out of the ordinary in your area.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

They're literally in the middle of oil tankers and 20 with fuel trucks. They could have fueled up by now, but they've been there at least a week and looks like they're staying.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
By the way, I posted this in "Peak Oil" because I think this has something to do with oil and happened right after the Gulf Spill.

Please move where appropriate MODS.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ok im not trying to be rude but i definately see some things that need to be addressed..two in particular..

1. ok i understand that not all cell phones take pictures, and not all people carry cameras with them everywhere they go..but this seems to me like something you have seen on more than one occasion why would you not bring a camera to get some proof.

2. ok we will go down the path that you are to scared to attempt to film anything, i get it..if i truelly did see something like that id avoid the place like the plague..but..can you supply the Highway/road and mile marker of the area? if not why bother posting this?

this is not arguementative in nature i am not bashing you i am just skeptical. if you could provide more data or anything else relevant to help the community get a better grasp and the means to do some investigating of the matter on our own..

respectfully yours,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Could this be seen on Google Earth?

A week now? Im wondering why you haven't said anything before now?
I hope you will be able to get a picture....at a distance,

[edit on 14-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by Mike Stivic

1. ok i understand that not all cell phones take pictures, and not all people carry cameras with them everywhere they go..but this seems to me like something you have seen on more than one occasion why would you not bring a camera to get some proof.

The last time I saw armed troops with M-16s in Los Angeles was during the L.A. riots.
The troops are literally facing a public street on point, with rifles in their hands. It makes you think twice about driving by and snapping shots out of your truck in a very desolate area on a common pass. There is no way for me to be subtle about it, that's the point.

2. ok we will go down the path that you are to scared to attempt to film anything, i get it..if i truelly did see something like that id avoid the place like the plague..but..can you supply the Highway/road and mile marker of the area? if not why bother posting this?

Because this is an International forum and I have no idea what the laws are about giving troops positions away, even on domestic operations. I don't feel like spending years in prison on a mistake or ignorance of law.

this is not arguementative in nature i am not bashing you i am just skeptical. if you could provide more data or anything else relevant to help the community get a better grasp and the means to do some investigating of the matter on our own..

I'm glad you're skeptical, I would be too. I'm just trying to approach this in a way that covers my A**

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I own a business and have been very busy. I also was out of town for a couple days. When I say a week, I mean roughly 4 or 5 days.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just do it man. If you can take a picture go and do it. All this discussing is just fear and time.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Where is San Pedro? CA?

Remember the rumors of troops coming into a California port over the last month or so.

Now, most trained gun handlers never put their finger "on the trigger" until they aim and fire. The "ready" position would have their finger extended and rested outside the trigger guard.

I also saw a convoy of hummers this past week going North toward Tennessee (away from Gulf), I saw another Hummer in Tallahassee with a solid blue flag. (Anybody know what a solid blue flag means? No emblems, just solid blue.)

It isn't that unusual to see these convoys or singular hummers, but it is highly unusual that they would take over a baseball field and put up a chainlink fence?!?!? Pictures and location are a must!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Alright, will be driving to take the pics right now...wish me luck. Be back in about an hour.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mods can you clarify if it is a crime for him to post the location?

thank you in advance.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

San Pedro is in LA.

Second Line.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
San Pedro / Long Beach Harbor. Possibly Harbor City Area

All in Los Angeles County, California, in Greater Los Angeles City.

Refineries in that area include:

UltraMAR Oil Refinery - Western Blvd. (?)
Unocal Refinery - Sepulveda Blvd (?)

British Petroleum also has a disribution dock located in the LongBeach Harbor that recieves Crude shipments from incomming Tanker Ships

Mobil also has a refinery located close to there in Torrance.

Atlantic - Richfield Co also has nearby refineries, but not so close, as one exists in El Segundo - near LAX - and the other Located in Norwalk

It's not illegal to leave the location of this event. Period.

Good Luck OP... GodSpeed to you!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If it was me I really would just act a dumbass and go up and ask them what they are doing. It would make things very simple.

1. they tell you , it makes sense, nothing to worry about

2. they can't discuss. then you know there might be something interesting going on.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Okay, just got back. Took many stills and two videos. Now I have to figure out how to get them uploaded here on ATS..which might take a while.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

just goto member tools and my pictures for starters.
we can make it with just the photos until you get the video together.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

If it was me I really would just act a dumbass and go up and ask them what they are doing. It would make things very simple.

2. they can't discuss. then you know there might be something interesting going on.

Yeah, if it was YOU. Things get different when you have armed guards walking the fence with M-16 around their shoulder, fingers in the 'ready' position, and on a 40 MPH highway with two lanes, in the middle of Oil Tankers, and point men at each corner of the fence.

If it was you.......

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Yeah, if it was YOU. Things get different when you have armed guards walking the fence with M-16 around their shoulder, fingers in the 'ready' position, and on a 40 MPH highway with two lanes, in the middle of Oil Tankers, and point men at each corner of the fence.

If it was you.......

i'm just saying.

i grew up in a country where the army lined you up in their sights with their fingers on the trigger as you went by. they threw you against a wall , searched you with a gun pointed at your head......

don't be so paranoid. they will not shoot you.....yet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join