It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing the Research.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
...As opposed to not doing the research.

Off and on I've had these odd, sometimes rather graphic dreams about a secret war between the government and the aliens during the '80s and early '90s. This thread will not be about the merits of whether these dreams are some kind of psychic hoodoo voodoo revealing the truth.

That would make me look like a crackpot.

No, what this thread will be about is something completely different. As an aspiring author, I realize that these dreams I have had would make for a great series of sci-fi/horror novels. But I need a way to mesh the plot into being somewhat believable.

Can I ask for a handy listing of top notch, recommended reading material on UFO and abduction cases from the era in question and suggestions of how I can put a spin on them and incorporate them into a sinister alien invasion storyline?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

If you're interested in believability I'd suggest brushing up on your science.

Also, here's a hand full of things that have been really influential to me.
These aren't directly about UFOs or abduction, but contain a lot of really insightful ideas applicable to extraterrestrial intelligence.

This whole website is really useful: www.projectrho.com...
About intelligence (some implications for ETI): www.acceleratingfuture.com...
Short, with some good points: www.ufoevidence.org...

"The Color Out of Space" by HP Lovecraft (best story about aliens I've ever read): www.dagonbytes.com...

About codes, meaning, & communication: www.aber.ac.uk...
Some cool ideas about alien 'languages': www.xibalba.demon.co.uk...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

Check out the second volume of UFOs and the National Security State by Richard M. Dolan. It provides a thorough history of the interaction between the government and UFOs for part of the time period you're interested in. Definitely check out the first volume as well for some backstory.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Kojiro

Check out the second volume of UFOs and the National Security State by Richard M. Dolan. It provides a thorough history of the interaction between the government and UFOs for part of the time period you're interested in. Definitely check out the first volume as well for some backstory.

I second the motion, it doesn't get any better than Dolan IMO.

Yes, better start with his first book, then the second one which goes up to 1991. The third book is on it's way soon.

Another tip, get the three "Disclosure Project' DVD', ie the National Press Club gig from 2001 + both of the witness testimony DVD'. There is enough whistleblowing here to fill a football stadium.

new topics

top topics

join