It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
and another thing is....it is this person and the person taht you guys have become through this life and processing the data you were given that enabled us to even understand this oneness, does it hold when we are gone....it just seems that all I know is myself, i cant lose it, is this my ego speaking? and if so how can i shed it? how can anyone shed it? when it may be the very thing that prevents us from being one blob of consciousness and enables us to be individuals, because it is the very thing that drives your self interests isnt it? it is the very thing that makes you think in the "I" form.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectivelife
hey spread love not hate, i really like when you said this is all youve ever known, i have that exact same feeling, i wrote a post about that kind of thing in another thread im gonna paste it in, but i think it may be our egos holding us back, it holds me back when i feel myself connect to the things around me, but when that happens i start to feel like im losing myself, my individuality.....if i lose that will i be conscious? because i wont have my perspective anymore, ill be part of everything, essentially nothingness.......eastern philosophers always stress that duality, its an interesting point, to be everything is to be nothing, because there is no distinction, all of us here are talking distinctions, made of the same things, its a freakin tripppp, sorry to have given off a materialistic spin, im a neuroscientist all ive learned is bio and neuroscience, but the past few years ive taken on philosophy and seen new boundaries in the same old science i saw before, its a perspective changing thing, yes i do think we are the data, but i agree once we are formed, we have awareness, question things, have an impact on the world, this is what consciousness is meant to do, so when you see something wrong, you must respond, consciosness is the ultimate regulator because it spreads everywhere and calculates everything,,,,eventually

Remember Plato's allegory of the cave. The cave was "all they knew" until they broke free and saw the sunshine. Just as a fish thinks his small pond is all there is and he does not know of the vast oceans. As I mentioned to spreadlove, the other world to know is the Eternal Self.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

But why does it mention Jehovah as killing his own subjects(the children of Israel) by spreading plagues and other methods, I mean it could be possible Jehovah was just a cover up for the actions of people but why would they spread plagues.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

reply to post by DragonriderGal

Can God create a stone so heavy he can not lift it? Yes, and that stone is free will. God created free will but he can not destroy it, otherwise it would not be free.

Nah, he didn't create anything. Not even free will. Because God, as you portray him, doesn't exist. Sorry.

I can say the same about yourself. What you are right now is different from what you were a decade ago, and what you will be a decade from now. Your blood and bones change from childhood to adult, your ideology changes from teenager to grown adult, what you are is fleeting, there is no permanence to what you are, and therefore you do not truly exist.

Sorry but my spirit exists.. it always has. And the overarching sentience of the human race exists, and always has.. other than way back there this universe didn't exist until the big bang. Everything that is here now grew from what was brought thru then, so we've increased spirit size, wise.
But we did exist in rudimentry form all along.

And that is a pretty lame comparison. I mean, the god you purport to espouse is far more than a human body. It's like saying because the tires on a bike are round, it's the same thing as a bus. Hardly.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

and another thing is....it is this person and the person taht you guys have become through this life and processing the data you were given that enabled us to even understand this oneness, does it hold when we are gone....it just seems that all I know is myself, i cant lose it, is this my ego speaking? and if so how can i shed it? how can anyone shed it? when it may be the very thing that prevents us from being one blob of consciousness and enables us to be individuals, because it is the very thing that drives your self interests isnt it? it is the very thing that makes you think in the "I" form.....

If our bodies change from child to adult (a reasonable claim) then how is it that we can remember things from our childhood? It must be that our memory is somehow outside of the prison of the body. And if people have past life regressions, or some type of feeling that seems in some way preternatural, then that could be a further indication of a mind outside of body.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
yea i agree with you, but to play devils advocate,,,,these conclusions and realizations we get to, about god and the universe, the thing is what objectivity do they have, they are coming from the product of a set of data, its hard for me to see the link between us, when i say us, i mean the ones who are speaking here, and the greater thing out there that we were or will become after death again(which i do believe in), i think the only link might me our brain or the fact that we can observe, because there is a projection on my screen, in front of my eyes, its something the brain puts together for me, but theres still someone observing the projection, if i take chemicals and the projection changes because im modifying the brain, theres still an observer watching and noting the change.....even in my dreams when i talk to people, i know im really talking to my brain, but i swear, i distinctly feel myself in my dreams, i choose to run from the aliens, i choose to attack them, the brain throws and environment and the things at me, and i play with it....its me and the brain, i see and feel a distinction

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

But why does it mention Jehovah as killing his own subjects(the children of Israel) by spreading plagues and other methods, I mean it could be possible Jehovah was just a cover up for the actions of people but why would they spread plagues.

Jehovah is really the name of one of the alien Jue-sah, I think. And ya, they've used their people for guinea pigs a LOT. In fact, the holocaust was actually created by the Illuminati who are the main group left of those alien Jue-sah, to 1) win the sympathy of the world so they could get their jewish-born flunkies into high government offices, and 2) to see how effectively large groups of bodies could be disposed of with the least amount of expense and time.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

If our bodies change from child to adult (a reasonable claim) then how is it that we can remember things from our childhood? It must be that our memory is somehow outside of the prison of the body. And if people have past life regressions, or some type of feeling that seems in some way preternatural, then that could be a further indication of a mind outside of body.

Our past lives are stored in the racial unconscious as memories, but this life's stuff we keep stored in our bodies/brains.
edit on 21-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

Well it's simple, I mean the only practical purpose of having a terrifying God is so people will be so stricken with fear that they do whatever the bible says. The catch phrase of the super-religious is "fear God" they don't want to love God or be happy with God they think you're supposed to "fear" him, as if fear = love. That is maybe true because the glory of God is awe-inspiring but I don't really see it as frightful, nor should it be. Now if you are really evil then maybe you fear God (which would explain why corrupt priests use that phrase so much). So it mentions Jehova as killing his own subjects because the "God" of the old testament sounds more like a tyrant dictator than some type of benevolent ruler. Just my personal opinion, but even Jesus was against the notion of needing the church to reach God, he believed that everyone can reach God through love.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Our past lives are stored in the racial unconscious as memories, but this life's stuff we keep stored in our bodies.

So do you consider the racial unconscious to be material or immaterial?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
we remember things from childhood because we have memory, its in the brain and biological, when you have alzheimers, you forget who you are, its a biological thing, but once again im not a materialist, i do believe we are part of the same thing, i just dont know who we are yet, which part is the thing that expresses a unique part of the world we interacted with and which part connects to the higher self,,,,there must be a reason we cant remember our higher selves because it would be good for us because we needto interact with this stuff currently around us. im on your side of the argument, im just trying to link science and neuroscience to things my colleagues thintk are mystical, im like the outcast, but what i feel is too real to deny, i felt such a oneness with everything around me, literally felt myself melt....it was scary. when i look into other peoples eyes i see myself, animals, everything on earth, we are one

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
How is it that you are claiming to be able to answer every question about God when the god you are referring to is "everything"? There are three living Gods; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. What you are claiming to know everything about is certainly not a god that will lead people to eternal life.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

When it comes to knowing if something is true or not, I use the test of logic. Would a loving God create people so he could punish them in hell? No, why would that make sense? Would God love everyone but create three different religions and you have to pick the right one like some type of whack a mole game and if you don't hit the right one you go to hell? That wouldn't make sense either. Are we all material bodies trapped in a prison-like matrix? But then why would anyone fear death, or prison, or even a crappy job if there is no freedom or free will.

Basically you can go through a lot more scenarios and the only one that really makes sense is the notion that we are physical bodies, but we have an immaterial mind, and that mind is connected very closely to physical things, but the mind itself is free of the body, and that freedom is the true self that is beyond the body. That is the individual soul. But each soul is different, some are full of negative emotions, others of positive emotions, so the core of each soul is the supreme soul, the 'reality' of all things, the inner consciousness and life that allows the soul to be self-aware while in a body.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
How is it that you are claiming to be able to answer every question about God when the god you are referring to is "everything"? There are three living Gods; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. What you are claiming to know everything about is certainly not a god that will lead people to eternal life.

Well if God is three things, we not four? God is everything like how everything is given life because of the sun. That doesn't mean everything under the sun is identical, but that they all get their life from the sun. In the same way, the entire universe gets its order from the unchanging law of God. That doesn't mean all things are equal to other things, because our senses tell us this, but it does mean on a higher intellectual level all things have the same substance as each other, just as how we think all things are composed of atoms, but it is really God-energy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Can God create a stone so heavy he can not lift it? Yes, and that stone is free will. God created free will but he can not destroy it, otherwise it would not be free.

Nah, he didn't create anything. Not even free will. Because God, as you portray him, doesn't exist. Sorry.

I can say the same about yourself. What you are right now is different from what you were a decade ago, and what you will be a decade from now. Your blood and bones change from childhood to adult, your ideology changes from teenager to grown adult, what you are is fleeting, there is no permanence to what you are, and therefore you do not truly exist.

Sorry but my spirit exists.. it always has. And the overarching sentience of the human race exists, and always has.. other than way back there this universe didn't exist until the big bang. Everything that is here now grew from what was brought thru then, so we've increased spirit size, wise.

And that is a pretty lame comparison. I mean, the god you purport to espouse is far more than a human body. It's like saying because the tires on a bike are round, it's the same thing as a bus. Hardly.

I wasn't talking about your spirit not existing, I was talking about the body. Pardon me if I was not clear. The spirit is what is truly real, the body is the imperfect image of the spirit.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Our past lives are stored in the racial unconscious as memories, but this life's stuff we keep stored in our bodies.

So do you consider the racial unconscious to be material or immaterial?

Depends on what you mean by material. Is it a actual physical entity/location you can hop into your car and drive to? No. It is of the spirit realm to which we are pretty much deaf, dumb and blind due to the manipulations of the greys as they brought us into sentience. But for every other group of aliens, it is a very real place that they can hop into their spirit awareness and go visit.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about your spirit not existing, I was talking about the body. Pardon me if I was not clear. The spirit is what is truly real, the body is the imperfect image of the spirit.

Well, that's even worse, because how in the world can you compare a human body to your version of god?? That's like comparing apples and sweat socks. There isn't anything physical about that version of god, at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So you believe in a spirit but you believe the aliens have manipulated it? But spirit is eternal, it can not be fully adulterated. So even if there were control over it, the control would have to be physical, and the spirit could break free of this. And if it is mental, you don't need aliens to influence your thought waves, look no further than yourself, and that can be controlled through philosophy and meditation.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I'm not comparing God to the human body, the closest physical comparison would be the Sun, but God is actually the light within the mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by subjectivelife

When it comes to knowing if something is true or not, I use the test of logic. Would a loving God create people so he could punish them in hell? No, why would that make sense? Would God love everyone but create three different religions and you have to pick the right one like some type of whack a mole game and if you don't hit the right one you go to hell? That wouldn't make sense either. Are we all material bodies trapped in a prison-like matrix? But then why would anyone fear death, or prison, or even a crappy job if there is no freedom or free will.

Basically you can go through a lot more scenarios and the only one that really makes sense is the notion that we are physical bodies, but we have an immaterial mind, and that mind is connected very closely to physical things, but the mind itself is free of the body, and that freedom is the true self that is beyond the body. That is the individual soul. But each soul is different, some are full of negative emotions, others of positive emotions, so the core of each soul is the supreme soul, the 'reality' of all things, the inner consciousness and life that allows the soul to be self-aware while in a body.

We reincarnate and some souls are further along that path than others.. not any less or more, just not as 'educated' by experience and karma yet. Also, what I see out there is many of us in human bodies didn't start out in human bodies. And that makes for some different spirit values and assumptions even though we can't remember the actual value set of the species we came from. For example, an ex E-l*th or any of the other elder races would resonate with the whole liberty and justice for all thing because that was their values in their previous spirit life. An ex-grey, though, wouldn't get it really. It would feel awkward and strained. They are all about togetherness and not being an individual; the group is more important than the one and selling one's self out to fit into the whole is a completely valid and comfortable choice.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join