It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toddlez
Hey OP, sorry if this question has been asked before but, here goes.

If there was nothing before God, how did he develop character, morals and ethics in isolation?

God had to have always existed or created himself, so that means his morals and ethics came whenever he came into existence. God is not a being, so he has no moral choices to make, rather it is the supreme center of all other life, so he is what he does, and there's no going back or changing. God does only perfect goodness, so he would not wish to change his mind. Nor could be be capable of evil if he creates all things out of himself. And since all things return to him, there is no fear of death.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Hi, thank you for making this thread but can you explain these things?

the tower of babel story in the book of genesis says 'And the lord said,Look, the people are united, and they all have one language, and this they began to do, and now nothing will stop them from doing what they take in their minds to do'. There might be a decent reason why the gods 'scattered them abroad from there all over the face of the earth' but it seems like the gods didn't want people to be united which goes along with the consistent alien theme of trying to scatter people and pit them against each other and why wouldn't they, a Yale professor suggested that if the earth ever colonized other planets it would be easier to control them by pitting them against each other. Other hints of brutality of gods to people occurred on the Jews trip from Egypt to the promise land where Jehovah killed up to 14,000 Jews using various killing methods such as spreading diseases which is also mentioned as a killing method in the Sumerian tablets. Jehovah told the Hebrews to embark on a campaign of genocide to depopulate all of the region's existing cities and towns. The genocide was justified by saying that the victims were wicked which could not have been true because animals and children were slaughtered too and it doesn't make sense to massacre many for the crimes of a few. The genocides also violated the ten commandments such as Thou shalt not kill when they killed the inhabitants of Canaan or thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house...nor any thing that is thy neighbors when they committed genocide to take away the land of their neighbors. The puzzling behavior of the people being attacked also calls into question the god's influence with only one city choosing to surrender and the rest choosing to fight and be slaughtered, isn't it more likely that the people would surrender or offer to move peaceably. One text joshua 11:19-20 states 'There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, save the Hi-vites the, the inhabitants of Gib-eon, all others they took in battle, For it was the Lord who hardened their hearts, that they would go against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might find no favor, but that he might destroy them' Keep in mind this was the same Jehovah that sent the children of Israel on a genocide campaign against these very cities.

And also Islam was the third and 'final' revelation of god and Islam required all Jews and Christians to convert.

You are the noblest community ever raised up for mankind. You enjoin justice and forbid evil. You believe in God.

Had the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] accepted the Faith, it would surely have been better for them. Some are true believers, but most are evil-doers.

Quran 3:110-111, "The Imrans," Dawood, p. 63

Let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful - he that does this has nothing to hope for from Good - except in self-defense. God admonishes you to fear Him: for to God shall all return.

Quran 3:28; "The Imrans," Dawood, p. 52

God's curse be upon the infidels! Evil is that for which they have bartered away their souls. To deny God's own revelation, grudging that He should reveal His bounty to whom He chooses from among His servants! They have incurred God's most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits the unbelievers.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
my question is a bible realted one but he was meant to have told man through diferent means what he wanted to say (he must have terrible penmanship)
well my question is this:
why in genesis 1 26 does it say this "And God said, Let usmake man in ourimage, after ourlikeness:" it goes on to say more but i want to know how can there be one god if this is what people were told to write.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by igotttaknow
my question is a bible realted one but he was meant to have told man through diferent means what he wanted to say (he must have terrible penmanship)
well my question is this:
why in genesis 1 26 does it say this "And God said, Let usmake man in ourimage, after ourlikeness:" it goes on to say more but i want to know how can there be one god if this is what people were told to write.

The truth is no matter what people write or think about it. Reality is one no matter how many people think it is comprised of multi-verses. And people believe that God is one no matter what the bible might say. The bible is not the word of God, because everything is the word of God. The bible has some obvious flaws to it, mostly because there have been translations away from its original language, and kings and priests have made their interpretations. Being spiritual is not about believing some book is 100 percent true. That simply forces you to resist other books. Because if the bible is 100 percent true, does that make mathematics and sciences irrelevant or even dangerous? Should All mathematics should come from the bible? Of course not. But you can take God to be 100 percent good, which is a lot more pacifying to the mind than wondering about an interpretation in a book written thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Are you asking how can God stand by and watch as people slaughter children and animals? It wouldn't make much sense if God was a vengeful God, I mean what purpose would there be in creating a universe just to get angry and pissed off at your creation. Since the old testament talks about God as being wrathful it is not a proper illustration of a God that is always Good and controls his universe through Goodness. It just doesn't make sense that God would need to punish his subjects in this manner when the intellect is a far greater tool of enlightenment. The wars are started mostly by the evil and although God does not want people to slaughter the innocent he does give people the spirit to fight this evil. Earth is not heaven, so we can't expect heaven to exist on earth, we must work hard to bring that virtue to the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Huh, so you think you have all the answers because you meditate and then think about stuff??? Should be a LOT of people who have all the answers then, eh?

Me, I did a shaman journey (no drugs, just drumming) and quite unintentionally got hooked up to the human racial unconscious. Now if you want answers, that's the place to go, since it contains all of humanity's history as well as the histories of any of the other alien races who has members who have died and ended up in human bodies (which is just about all of them from this area of the galaxy, at least).

There isn't a god, and most certainly the god energy isn't male, from what i see there. There are actually levels.. there is the combination of our highest selves, probably what you mean by the eternal soul, which works together to create the overarching sentience of humanity, and then there is an over arching sentience of all the racial unconscious of our and all the other alien racial unconscious... I call that the overarching sentience of the universe. And since I see that there are in fact other universes, there probably is an overarching sentience for that level too, but the likelihood of even the overarching sentience of the human racial unconscious interacting with it seems awfully remote.

It is the overarching sentience of humanity that cares about us at the personal level..it is after all YOUR own spirit in combination with all the other human spirits at the highest spirit level. It's goal is purely for the betterment of humanity and to help each and every one of us reach our best and highest good which will then allow us to achieve full enlightenment when the time is right.

The overarching sentience of the universe tends to deal only with the overarching sentience of the various racial unconscious. Individual beings are pretty tiny for that level of being and it really can't hear or see us, so something important enough for that level of 'god' to be informed of, would have to come from your higher self into the overarching sentience of the human race, which then could relay the msg on.

And really.. there is NO perfect entity called god, so all the mental masturbation of philosophy, like 'can god create a stone he can't lift' is just purely a waste of time to consider. Oh there is lots of info in the racial unconscious. Maybe you can get a hold of the guardian of the portal to the racial unconscious and ask to be allowed, but if you don't have the highest and best good for humanity at heart, he probably won't authorize it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

Can God create a stone so heavy he can not lift it? Yes, and that stone is free will. God created free will but he can not destroy it, otherwise it would not be free.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
thank you for the reply your thoughts on god are differnt to all the people i know who believe in him you seem to have found happiness most i know are one day a week believers.

I have another of question:
God gave us free will, but he is omnipotent and he has a plan for all of us wouldnt that mean he knows and has things organised before they happen how can that be free will? and why would he let people he knows are going to be 'evil' come into existance they are just ruining this plan.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by KingJames1337

Are you asking how can God stand by and watch as people slaughter children and animals? It wouldn't make much sense if God was a vengeful God, I mean what purpose would there be in creating a universe just to get angry and pissed off at your creation. Since the old testament talks about God as being wrathful it is not a proper illustration of a God that is always Good and controls his universe through Goodness. It just doesn't make sense that God would need to punish his subjects in this manner when the intellect is a far greater tool of enlightenment. The wars are started mostly by the evil and although God does not want people to slaughter the innocent he does give people the spirit to fight this evil. Earth is not heaven, so we can't expect heaven to exist on earth, we must work hard to bring that virtue to the world.

All of that is easy when you can see what the Illuminati aka NWO bunch aka ex-high priests of Israel aka the alien species known as the Jue-sah created all the religions of the world as control tools to try to keep us humans from getting so angry and killing them. That's why every single major religion has that focus on peace and only peace is the true spiritual way. NOT. It is the most effective way the Jue-sah found to control us via guilt and shame and peer pressure. The 'god' of the old testement were really the still alien Jue-sah giving them orders. As you can tell, the Jue-sah are a nasty bunch, and they've gotten worse in their time here. So all that has nothing to do with the real 'god' energy at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Can God create a stone so heavy he can not lift it? Yes, and that stone is free will. God created free will but he can not destroy it, otherwise it would not be free.

Nah, he didn't create anything. Not even free will. Because God, as you portray him, doesn't exist. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by igotttaknow
thank you for the reply your thoughts on god are differnt to all the people i know who believe in him you seem to have found happiness most i know are one day a week believers.

I have another of question:
God gave us free will, but he is omnipotent and he has a plan for all of us wouldnt that mean he knows and has things organised before they happen how can that be free will? and why would he let people he knows are going to be 'evil' come into existance they are just ruining this plan.

Man has free will, but not absolute free will. Man can not fly or go backwards in time. God is the only thing that is complete freedom, because as the creator he can not be subordinate to anything else. The plan of God is to have a world where humans can interact in, where morality and ethics apply and people receive rewards and punishments based upon if they are virtuous or evil. The ultimate plan of God is for all people, good and evil, to find happiness in the Goodness of God.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Humans have individual way of thinking and acting and thus they can get out of the limits of the basic program that runs the machine.
When born it is an empty abyss and what it becomes and how it acts is what it get fed with. Human can only live with what he knows and what he knows ha stored it after going to mainly 12 different states of mind and 7 phases of creation. "

how can you say humans have individual ways of thinking so we can get out of the program?
i understand what your saying but the thing is, the way you word it sounds like us as humans have natural given traits that can get us out of the game, but the thing is i believe there is nothing inherently unique in any of us, we are brain machines made to adapt to the data around us, the data is the variable.....think about....we are constantly changing, these days everyone feels it,,,,,well did anyone ever think its because we live in a time where we are connected...thats why we feel this connectedness...it doesnt have to be some mystical thing that we were always meant to feel or whatever.....it could just be the product of living in an interconnected society, we are expressing the state of our times, we become what we learn, conscious expands, these days we just have more ways to learn, in the past the great individuals who made discoveries and led the way, were usually well learned, they encompassed more of the world within their brain, imagine their consciousness as a ballon that expands, in the past, it reached towns and countries, and those were the learned higher class people first......the day we live in, we can inflate that balloon to the size of the entire earth, our consciousness can expand because we KNOW what is going on, we are told, we are shown whales being killed, we see kids starving, animals getting mistreated, you see it and then you feel the emotion, you are conscious of it, this interconnectdness is not by chance, any maybe not mystical, but just a simple product of the world......and i think i understand where we might be going, because as we develop better processing computers and data systems, consciousness will keep expanding.......

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Nah, he didn't create anything. Not even free will. Because God, as you portray him, doesn't exist. Sorry.

I can say the same about yourself. What you are right now is different from what you were a decade ago, and what you will be a decade from now. Your blood and bones change from childhood to adult, your ideology changes from teenager to grown adult, what you are is fleeting, there is no permanence to what you are, and therefore you do not truly exist.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

If the only variable is the data, as you say, then if we subject ourselves to data regarding transcendence, we will place our mind in that realm of possibility, as opposed to say if we subject ourselves to data showing us as robotic and materialistic. The more we dwell on something, the more we become it. So according to your own theory, you can alter your present situation through the data which is the variable as you say. This means you do have partial free will when it comes to what subjects you wish to study.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I feel like I am currently right in the middle of what you might call realizing your true self, slowly letting go of the mental conditioning of the society that I grew up in in an attempt to free my mind. There are times that I have felt like I was enlightened, had freed myself of the duality of this reality, but then something always seems to drag me back down. It honestly feels like a tug of war between my spirit and mind, wanting to let go of this materialistic world cause it causes so much pain, but its so hard, because when it comes down to it, its all I've ever known. (Not that I fear death, it just seems like reality is trying to force materialism down my throat, its hard where I live to find anyone interested in spirituality that isn't religious.) So I guess my question is, is it always this much of a mental struggle to overcome your mind, so your spirit can live through you?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
oh and to the person who started this thread....i do not think anyone particular one of us is god, maybe a piece, that observer that sits inside, that may be a god like property or ultimately stem from something that came before us.......but the fact of the matter is that there was a point where every single one of us on this forum did not exist, that means in terms of talking about the world and reality around us, we cannot be objective, our nature is subjective, that and the ego is what enables us to even feel alive and have a self and not just be swept up in a greater wave of consciousness.....the person that you have become during your lifetime is because you experienced a different set of data than me, our brains are the same, everyones are........but we each feel like we are distinctly sitting by our own computers and looking out from a unique perspective right? i do not share my consciousness with you, yet i share the same hardware................ these things we are now are only derivatives, by products in a way....of something or someone, idont know what, that sparked all this and spread throughout the universe, in order to be everything, in order to see everything, in order to fill the world, individual subjective perspectives that create a unique self, so we can talk to each other, tell each other whats going in our little corner of reality that we are processing.(like processors with the ultimate parallel processing capacity)like reporters for the news, this is my life, hey guys im concerned about this, i like that girl, i would be happy if i was with her, whenever you talk to anyone, it is the same thing talking to itself, from now on when you talk to people try looking at their eyes deeply for a sec and see what you get.....l

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
im not a materialist i totally believe in the primacy of consciosness over matter, after all there will never be a time where we look somewhere and dont see anything......

and yea thats my whole point the more we learn about the world, the more we become of it, sometimes its a big burden, im not sure anyone is going through any transformations or reaching a true self or something, what is a true self? and a lot of people mentioned shedding instiled values, well of course, but you cant think of it as conspiracy stuff, like the govt made stuff to hold us down, i just think whenever times change, we need to shed old values and its simple as that, the world is connected, therefore we are starting to express this connectedness, its happening in a lot of us here, i had the oneness feeling today while picking up dinner, it was so random, yet so real, it FELT so real and that is whats changing in me this year, feeling things, instead of just using logic.....
edit on 21-8-2011 by subjectivelife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
I feel like I am currently right in the middle of what you might call realizing your true self, slowly letting go of the mental conditioning of the society that I grew up in in an attempt to free my mind. There are times that I have felt like I was enlightened, had freed myself of the duality of this reality, but then something always seems to drag me back down. It honestly feels like a tug of war between my spirit and mind, wanting to let go of this materialistic world cause it causes so much pain, but its so hard, because when it comes down to it, its all I've ever known. (Not that I fear death, it just seems like reality is trying to force materialism down my throat, its hard where I live to find anyone interested in spirituality that isn't religious.) So I guess my question is, is it always this much of a mental struggle to overcome your mind, so your spirit can live through you?

The spirit is at war with what is non-spirit (matter)

That is what you correctly described, the "dragging down" of your spirit into the realm of materialism. You see, we are in this materialistic stage because of our conditioning, so like trying to break a bad habit, we can't automatically free ourselves from its clutches. Find freedom through philosophizing and metaphysics. Read the works of the Upanishads and focus on being able to discriminate between the material and the spiritual.

Unfortunately, religion is crammed down our throats more so than spirituality, so religion acts as a kind of pee in the punch bowl, because with religion people expect rules and social order, whereas spirituality is about freedom and liberation. I'm always reminded of the Simpson's episode where Homer skips church, when they get home from church the kids kick their clothes off and say it's the happiest moment of the week because it's the longest point away from having to go to church the next week. Spirituality is not supposed to be a slave prison, it is supposed to bring true happiness.

But as for breaking free, you should try meditating and bringing your mind to the highest point of your head, where you can start to feel the self beyond the mind. Focus on that self as the higher truth beyond matter. You seem well on your way so keep up the effort.

That higher Self is the "other thing" to be known. Once you understand the simplicity and unity of the Self that serves as a groundwork for knowledge of the higher realm of being. So you mention how this world is all you know, and that is the case for most people, but if you focus on your higher Self, then that becomes a second "world" that you can know (it's not really a world though more like a spirit or Ultimate Truth).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
hey spread love not hate, i really like when you said this is all youve ever known, i have that exact same feeling, i wrote a post about that kind of thing in another thread im gonna paste it in, but i think it may be our egos holding us back, it holds me back when i feel myself connect to the things around me, but when that happens i start to feel like im losing myself, my individuality.....if i lose that will i be conscious? because i wont have my perspective anymore, ill be part of everything, essentially nothingness.......eastern philosophers always stress that duality, its an interesting point, to be everything is to be nothing, because there is no distinction, all of us here are talking distinctions, made of the same things, its a freakin tripppp, sorry to have given off a materialistic spin, im a neuroscientist all ive learned is bio and neuroscience, but the past few years ive taken on philosophy and seen new boundaries in the same old science i saw before, its a perspective changing thing, yes i do think we are the data, but i agree once we are formed, we have awareness, question things, have an impact on the world, this is what consciousness is meant to do, so when you see something wrong, you must respond, consciosness is the ultimate regulator because it spreads everywhere and calculates everything,,,,eventually

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

I think the spark is language, and to a greater extent knowledge. Everyone's brains are the same, but the human brain is unique in that it can solve rational problems, and although we are subjective as you say because we were at one point not alive and so we have not viewed the universe in its full extent, we can philosophize about the world, something other animals can not do. And so we contemplate (imagine, theorize, hypothesize) that a God sees the universe as it truly is, and can then see its plan and its end. The end of course has to be the same as the beginning. If we were at one point not alive, but now we are alive, what proof is there that when we die we will stay dead? If being dead means we go out of existence, how is that different than when what we were right before we were born? So it seems that

"Death is for the living, life is for the dead" Bhagavad Gita, this seems to indicate that reincarnation may be a possibility. Also let's not forget that science is on our side when they say energy or matter is neither created nor destroyed. If it is not destroyed, then when we die we simply are recycled into something else.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join