It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
reply to post by filosophia

God causes evil things to happen because ...

God does not cause evil things to happen .

Which only proves that you have no idea what you speak of .

God causes all things to exist, but none of these things are evil. If you could see the universe from the height of providence, you would see that nothing is evil. So in that sense, God does not cause evil. Evil is caused by man's ignorance, at which any time he can transcend so long as he learns the error of his ways and looks within to see the true form of his Self, no longer will he be tempted towards material manifestations.

As for your personal character, you seem depressed and unhappy. You have no spiritual wit or wisdom to you, so instead you try and belittle other people who do. You then said "my bible" even when I told you I was not a Christian, so you don't really care much for my true beliefs. You then tried to point out a literal contradiction in my writing, but you won't hear me out when I try to reconcile it, and you just further convince yourself that I am deluded and you are smart, which begs the question, why are you wasting your time with a deluded individual? It would seem like if you care to argue with a deluded individual, you must also be mental in some way. Ta ta.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

WE are all GOD
We have the potential to be god
Give life Or Destroy it .

Why look to the sky for your power , when the power is within us ?

Don't underestimate your potential
If we all realised and used our power we(the majority ) wouldn't be under the control of the elite (the minority ).
Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

WE are all GOD
We have the potential to be god
Give life Or Destroy it .

Why look to the sky for your power , when the power is within us ?

Don't underestimate your potential
If we all realised and used our power we(the majority ) wouldn't be under the control of the elite (the minority ).
Peace

Well said.

All things are impermanent, meaning all things will equal each other in the long run: zero. The only thing that lives on is the Self, which precedes matter and is eternal. Experience the Self in a state of meditation as the true light within your soul.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If you are a Born again Christian, you know God, otherwise not, Trust me,
One cannot know God unless you have an intimate relationship with Him and the only way for that is thru the Saving
grace of Jesus, which is available to all.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

If you are a Born again Christian, you know God, otherwise not, Trust me,
One cannot know God unless you have an intimate relationship with Him and the only way for that is thru the Saving
grace of Jesus, which is available to all.

I would argue that that is not the only way. While Jesus is a good role model, that is not the only source you can use. There are plenty of Greek, Roman, and Eastern philosophers that can open your mind up to the true nature of your soul. Perhaps you are right, you do need to be a born again Christian to know the God of the bible, but I can assure you and everyone else that you do not need a church in order to experience the true reality which is within yourself, not within a church.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am also God, so we don't need you to answer our questions, because we already know.

Anyway, assuming I am not God, or that I/we have forgotten that we are God, I have a question:

Why is God?
edit on 28-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Any question such as why does God not save amputee crack babies, is there anything God can not do, etc I can answer, or

I will answer any question on the Eternal Self, the true goal of yoga.

I can find my own answers, thank you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Any question such as why does God not save amputee crack babies, is there anything God can not do, etc I can answer, or

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

Why is God?

God is self caused, meaning he is his own cause. There is no cause but the cause.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

Can you? If you could why bother telling me?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

My mother and my father are the cause of my existence. If I forget thier existence, I can live in a state of being that proposes my first memory to be my own self-inception, however, with the knowledge of my mother and father, I know that I did not create myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Yes, do you think God is some kind of cosmic super computer ?
I believe that, actually.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If god speaks of forgiveness. Why did he kill all those people during the flood? Why does he punish those who commit sins? why does he punish some of those who do not sin?

How can he expect people to believe in him when only two people who have ever existed (one of them probably fictional also) have spoken with him?

Why does he want us to worship him? If he is so giving.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

My mother and my father are the cause of my existence. If I forget thier existence, I can live in a state of being that proposes my first memory to be my own self-inception, however, with the knowledge of my mother and father, I know that I did not create myself.

and your mother was created by her mother, and her mother by her mother, etc, and if you believe in evolution these mothers came from primates and primates came from lower species until finally you have something that could not have been created from a previous but had to have always existed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matteus

Yes, do you think God is some kind of cosmic super computer ?
I believe that, actually.

It depends, if this computer is complex with parts, no. But if it is singular and simplex, then yes. if a regular computer is complex, then shouldn't a super computer be like a giant ball of light or energy?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
If god speaks of forgiveness. Why did he kill all those people during the flood? Why does he punish those who commit sins? why does he punish some of those who do not sin?

How can he expect people to believe in him when only two people who have ever existed (one of them probably fictional also) have spoken with him?

Why does he want us to worship him? If he is so giving.

Floods are caused by natural events, if someone were to say God caused it, it would be like saying Zeus causes thunderbolts. Christians decry Greeks and Romans for believing in Zeus causing thunderbolts, but they believe their God causes floods. So if someone were to die from a thunderbolt, it would be ridiculous to blame it on Zeus, same with floods. I believe the bible says the wise man built his house upon the rock and it withstood wind and rain, but the fool did not follow this advice and built his house upon the sand.

God is not a being to be worshiped, it is your true nature. It can be found through philosophical introspection and meditation. It appears as the light within your mind. This is your true Self. It is eternal and immutable. It precedes matter. It is that which makes your mind think, makes your hands move. It is not different from you. Meditate and uncover your universal Self.
edit on 1-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Floods are caused by natural events, if someone were to say God caused it, it would be like saying Zeus causes thunderbolts.

Forgive me for butting in but I am a little confused about something.

I believe the bible says the wise man built his house upon the rock and it withstood wind and rain, but the fool did not follow this advice and built his house upon the sand.

But it also says this

Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.

Any clarification should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
So what you are saying is God doesn't exist. It make your thread seem a bit superfluous really. You haven't answered my questions at all. You have given me an opinion based theory.

God is not a being to be worshiped, it is your true nature. It can be found through philosophical introspection and meditation. It appears as the light within your mind. This is your true Self. It is eternal and immutable. It precedes matter. It is that which makes your mind think, makes your hands move. It is not different from you. Meditate and uncover your universal Self.
edit on 1-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

You mean my brain...
edit on 1/3/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Question about eternal self.
Eternal self as the true self right? they sound like the would be
but anyways I need help to meet my eternal. I know you meditate calm yourself. etc But I can never seem to actually detach from myself. i guess thats how u would describe it. Im laying down with my eyes shut but its always just black nothing ever appears. I just lay there calm after im done I do feel better though more refreshed and calmer. So meditation is working? But maybe I'm missing something. Got any help you can lend? much appreciated

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I do not cower sir! I sit here and wonder and pray for your soul, I hope that God goes easy on you, when you meet him and that your arrogance is taking as a sign of stupidity, not as a sign of evil.

But if you are evil in anyway, I wish none of that mercy on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join