It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok

What happened to Lilith, why, and where is she now ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
1. Is there such thing as Heaven or Hell? Or are Heaven and Hell human-made concepts?

2. What is the Void?

3. What are ghosts? Do they remain "forever" on Earth?

4. Slightly off topic question but do you believe that aliens/extraterrestrials exist?

5. Are angels a species of aliens?

6. Is Jesus and Buddha part of the Galactic Federation of Light?

Thanks.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by sphinx551]

1. heaven and hell are concepts of the mind, like happiness and sadness. People are either positive or negative and over time this creates their perception of each other. There are many things wrong with a physical heaven or hell, for example if the soul is immaterial, what can be punished? What can be pleasured? If you are in heaven in your body, like the movies, with clouds in the background and a glass floor, then there really is no soul just your body, which is biologically mortal and thus you can't be immortal. So, heaven and hell could just be translated as goodness and evil, happiness and sadness. The true state of perfection within the mind, called samadhi, obtained in a state of meditation, is a "heaven" that exists in the mind, if one had no spiritual wisdom, they would live in a "hell" i.e. always depressed and suicidal.

2. The void can mean different things, physically it can mean a "blackhole" which may or may not exist. The void can also refer to "emptiness" as per Buddhism shunyata, but all this really means is an undifferentiated mass that has no oscillations whatsoever, i.e. the supreme soul: unchanging, one or undifferentiated, and eternally as it is. Note that this would give the "void" a positive connotation as opposed to chaos which is undifferentiated randomness and therefore implies change, so change means it is not immortal.

3. ghosts are most likely tricks of the imagination, or if real a spirit's clinging to their physical body which they should relinquish after death. Most ghosts resemble human form somewhat, so it means a spirit does not want to give up their body because they are attached to it. Since they hold onto their body, they can not enter the higher realm of their mind since the physical body can not go where it is only immaterial.

4. Aliens probably exist, but they probably don't secretly control the world. But if an alien was ambitious enough who could probably sneak into high levels of government.

5. angels are spiritual beings, beings that have some type of memory that remains but not a physical body, or just a body of light. The stars could be seen as "angels" or spiritual beings, but as for wings and harps and halos, this is most likely just reinassance art, real angels can not be seen, as in the old question how many angels can dance upon the head of a needle, the answer is infinite since they are immaterial. However there is a distinction between angel and God in that angels have some purpose or mission left, whereas God is the completed mission, nothing more to be done, pure happiness and nothing more.

6. Jesus and Buddha are both light bringers, so yes. Jesus speaks of making the eye one, and having the whole body full of light, this is similar to Buddha being the awakened one who has gained enLIGHTenment from meditation. The eye could refer to the mind, and as Buddhists say to make the mind one pointed, Jesus could be referring to that in an obscure way.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by filosophia

Yes I get it, but I think there is just some confusion on the definition of "becoming" - as you say it being your true nature. And the article talking about not becoming something, but basically surrendering to the "nature of things"

[edit on 17-6-2010 by juveous]

Becoming means the process of being something. Being is the end result of becoming. The essence of being, i.e. the absolute soul, Godhead, is beyond being and becoming, it is unchangingly what it is, thus it does not become, and it is not dependent upon an environment like physical beings, nor on a mind like spiritual beings, but rather IT IS.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

"God is technically not everything but the true nature of all things. 'God is everything' is a mystical saying that only makes sense from the perspective of God, when you know that God is the ultimate reality and thus the only thing in existence."

Hi

Would this tie in with the Hopi tribes believes in which they say, the afterlife is more real than this reality?

In other words, is there a transcendence, or steps, to a higher degree of "reality", and if so, were does it all end (if ever)?

yes, the higher reality is more real than the lower reality because the lower reality is changing and does not always represent the same thing but the absolute reality is unchanging so it is always the same regardless of the day or time. Reality is hierarchical because each lower stage is created by the immediate higher stage, this cycle goes infinity, and thus the highest reality is the infinite.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This thread is just another pathetic attempt by someone who is audacious enough to assume that they actually know ANYTHING about "God" .

You have contradicted your "wisdom" and "insight" so many times in this thread , it is ridiculous .

Tell me this , does "god" think 9/11 was an "inside job" , as you do ?

Or does "god" think 9/11 was not an "inside Job" , like I do ?

Since you say "god" is everything , then he has to be both of us . Therefore , "god" cancels himself out , as I don't agree with anything you have said thus far .

You are nothing more than delusional , to assume you know who or what "god" is .

PERIOD .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
God is every thing. God is also no thing.
God is every thing; all things that can be named, a thought, a body, a chair, a table, a person even emotions, anything that has a word attached to it, is a concept.
God is no thing, it can not be named, the unnameable. The no thing is empty of all things, all ideas and concepts. The empty vessel, the receiver of sensation, awareness.
The unnameable is eternal, it is the self.
The all seeing, all knowing 'I'. Prior, even to I.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Who are you to think that you may speak for God?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What if god was one of us ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I got one for ya...
if god wants more innocent children up in heaven then why on earth does he make them suffer so?
Are they still innocent souls after being kidnapped then raped? Or what about starved? Murdered?
why doesn't he just take them without making a child endure the most horrific life ending events imaginable?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun

Tell me this , does "god" think 9/11 was an "inside job" , as you do ?

Your ignorance of the principles of emanation must be addressed

The Godhead or Absolute is the highest. It is eternal, nothing created it, nothing can destroy it, if you need to attribute a cause to it, it is self created. This reality then emanates and causes a reality directly lower to it, which could be thought of as the plan of the universe.

This plan or providence of the universe then directly creates another lower reality, the actual universe.

This universe then directly creates a lower reality, the sun and stars.

The sun and stars directly creates planets, planets directly cause biological life.

So in other words, God does not directly cause biological life, the Godhead indirectly causes biological life. Thus 9/11 was not the work of "God" as the religious types will say. Rather the reality higher than 9/11 is what caused 9/11 (i.e. the immediate causes and conditions leading to it, not some spiritual or metaphysical force).

The rest of your pathetic attempt to insult me was not a question so I will not address it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
God is every thing. God is also no thing.
God is every thing; all things that can be named, a thought, a body, a chair, a table, a person even emotions, anything that has a word attached to it, is a concept.
God is no thing, it can not be named, the unnameable. The no thing is empty of all things, all ideas and concepts. The empty vessel, the receiver of sensation, awareness.
The unnameable is eternal, it is the self.
The all seeing, all knowing 'I'. Prior, even to I.

Correct, God is everything and nothing. The Godhead both permeates and transcends all things, so it is the cosmic and the quantum, it's essence permeates all things while itself is stationary and unchanging. This is why the material world is called an illusion that veils the truth of unity between all things.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
Who are you to think that you may speak for God?

A man with a free mind. Who are you to cower from this truth?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matteus
What if god was one of us ?

you mean like that crappy song? The Godhead is the essence of all things, the material universe is just an illusion that makes us differentiate you, me, I, them, they, us, in reality all things can be seen to be equal to each other, since all things are impermanent and subject to change, that is its unity. The only thing that escapes this impermanence is the Wisdom or Truth which remains prior to corporeal machinations (i.e the Self).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So in other words, God does not directly cause biological life, the Godhead indirectly causes biological life. Thus 9/11 was not the work of "God" as the religious types will say. Rather the reality higher than 9/11 is what caused 9/11 (i.e. the immediate causes and conditions leading to it, not some spiritual or metaphysical force).

So , in other words , you can't , or won't , answer the question ?

With your "reasoning" , then the cause of 9/11 could be traced all the way back up the line to the "godhead" .

So , answer the question in a direct manner if you would .
edit on 28-2-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I got one for ya...
if god wants more innocent children up in heaven then why on earth does he make them suffer so?
Are they still innocent souls after being kidnapped then raped? Or what about starved? Murdered?
why doesn't he just take them without making a child endure the most horrific life ending events imaginable?

Well if you think the children should be up in heaven and not suffering on earth, then at the same time you can't be mad if children die, since that would be like God taking them. But what really happens is that when a person is born, they are dependent upon outside influence, their mother for nourishment, and they do not have linguistic abilities so they can not employ their mind. But as they grow up, they start to get bombarded with much information, some disinformation, this may lead to their suffering, but as a result, from suffering they can uncover the truth, the same way that a scientist learns through trial and error. If we were all perfect, like God, there wouldn't be a material world to live in. So it seems like in order for their to be a perpetual world, we have to suffer; if we were perfect, there'd be no earth. Also, some people do not want the higher reality, because they fear that death is nothingness, so they cling to material forms, which prolongs their suffering.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So , in other words , you can't , or won't , answer the question ?

FAIL .

I don't think you need God to tell you when you're being lied to. Besides, this is a spiritual discussion, so we have to consider it on spiritual grounds. Why would God cause evil things to happen, like 9/11? God causes evil things to happen because through man's ignorance man can learn from his mistakes.

If 9/11 was exactly as Bush said it happened, then the lesson should be that the terrorists attacked us because they hate our freedoms. This would mean that God "causes" bad things to happen so that people can rise up against their oppressors (meaning God is really causing virtue to triumph over evil, there really is no evil when you consider things from God's providence).

If 9/11 was caused by the terrorists, but as Ron Paul said not because of our freedoms but because we are meddling in the middle east, then God causes this to happen so that people will learn not to meddle in foreign affairs of another nation (obviously the American people aren't learning this lesson).

If 9/11 was an inside job the way Alex Jones says, then God is causing an evil conspiracy to take control of government so that people stop trusting a dishonest government.

As you correctly noted, I would believe the third theory, you, perhaps the first. The main point to consider is that human actions are caused by humans, not God. If you want to look towards God as guidance, then you can say that humans act on their ignorance but can learn from their mistakes. If not, then they do not learn any wisdom and they continue to suffer. To say this is God's fault is to ignore that humans had a choice in the matter.

God can do everything, except evil, so evil is nothing. God does not cause evil things to happen.
edit on 28-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Since you say "god" is everything , then he has to be both of us . Therefore , "god" cancels himself out , as I don't agree with anything you have said thus far .

PERIOD .

The highest soul is singular, and the essence of all things, that means that at our finest essence we are identical. Scientifically we can say that everything that exists, exists within reality, so the highest reality is all things. It is true that there can not be two separate supreme Goods, but you are confusing the issue by thinking that the God within me cancels the God within you. It would be like saying the earth's reality cancels the sun's reality, even though they exist in the same reality, but differentiated by a hierarchical solar system. I can meditate upon my true Self, just as you can mediate upon your true Self, since we have separate bodies and minds, we do not cancel each other out, but the absolute reality that we meditate upon is the same for both of us (the true light within).

I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench in your thought process by saying I'm not a Christian and don't believe in God, and lean almost to an atheistic stance, but my "God" is the Absolute Soul, the literal light within my mind, my true Self. So in other words I believe in the Self not God.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your bible says that "god" is not the author of confusion .If you are to believe that , then none of your theories work and therefore "god"was not involved directly or indirectly , thereby negating your postulation that "god" is everything , everywhere .

You challenged us to ask you anything about "god" . I have asked a legitimate question , which you haven't answered in a satisfactory manner .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

God causes evil things to happen because ...

God does not cause evil things to happen .

Which only proves that you have no idea what you speak of .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Your bible says that "god" is not the author of confusion .

This makes me think that you didn't read the part where I told you I'm not a Christian. Is that too much to fathom? A non-Christian speculating about God?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join