Originally posted by sphinx551
1. Is there such thing as Heaven or Hell? Or are Heaven and Hell human-made concepts?
2. What is the Void?
3. What are ghosts? Do they remain "forever" on Earth?
4. Slightly off topic question but do you believe that aliens/extraterrestrials exist?
5. Are angels a species of aliens?
6. Is Jesus and Buddha part of the Galactic Federation of Light?
[edit on 28-6-2010 by sphinx551]
1. heaven and hell are concepts of the mind, like happiness and sadness. People are either positive or negative and over time this creates their
perception of each other. There are many things wrong with a physical heaven or hell, for example if the soul is immaterial, what can be punished?
What can be pleasured? If you are in heaven in your body, like the movies, with clouds in the background and a glass floor, then there really is no
soul just your body, which is biologically mortal and thus you can't be immortal. So, heaven and hell could just be translated as goodness and evil,
happiness and sadness. The true state of perfection within the mind, called samadhi, obtained in a state of meditation, is a "heaven" that exists in
the mind, if one had no spiritual wisdom, they would live in a "hell" i.e. always depressed and suicidal.
2. The void can mean different things, physically it can mean a "blackhole" which may or may not exist. The void can also refer to "emptiness" as
per Buddhism shunyata, but all this really means is an undifferentiated mass that has no oscillations whatsoever, i.e. the supreme soul: unchanging,
one or undifferentiated, and eternally as it is. Note that this would give the "void" a positive connotation as opposed to chaos which is
undifferentiated randomness and therefore implies change, so change means it is not immortal.
3. ghosts are most likely tricks of the imagination, or if real a spirit's clinging to their physical body which they should relinquish after death.
Most ghosts resemble human form somewhat, so it means a spirit does not want to give up their body because they are attached to it. Since they hold
onto their body, they can not enter the higher realm of their mind since the physical body can not go where it is only immaterial.
4. Aliens probably exist, but they probably don't secretly control the world. But if an alien was ambitious enough who could probably sneak into high
levels of government.
5. angels are spiritual beings, beings that have some type of memory that remains but not a physical body, or just a body of light. The stars could be
seen as "angels" or spiritual beings, but as for wings and harps and halos, this is most likely just reinassance art, real angels can not be seen,
as in the old question how many angels can dance upon the head of a needle, the answer is infinite since they are immaterial. However there is a
distinction between angel and God in that angels have some purpose or mission left, whereas God is the completed mission, nothing more to be done,
pure happiness and nothing more.
6. Jesus and Buddha are both light bringers, so yes. Jesus speaks of making the eye one, and having the whole body full of light, this is similar to
Buddha being the awakened one who has gained enLIGHTenment from meditation. The eye could refer to the mind, and as Buddhists say to make the mind one
pointed, Jesus could be referring to that in an obscure way.