It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

"God is technically not everything but the true nature of all things. 'God is everything' is a mystical saying that only makes sense from the perspective of God, when you know that God is the ultimate reality and thus the only thing in existence."

Hi

Would this tie in with the Hopi tribes believes in which they say, the afterlife is more real than this reality?

In other words, is there a transcendence, or steps, to a higher degree of "reality", and if so, were does it all end (if ever)?

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Which Gods still survive from the Egyptian and Greek and Norse mythologies?

What happened to those Gods that no longer exist?

Also is Christianity and Islam and Judaism just one God away from atheism?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

"God is technically not everything but the true nature of all things. 'God is everything' is a mystical saying that only makes sense from the perspective of God, when you know that God is the ultimate reality and thus the only thing in existence."

Hi

Would this tie in with the Hopi tribes believes in which they say, the afterlife is more real than this reality?

In other words, is there a transcendence, or steps, to a higher degree of "reality", and if so, were does it all end (if ever)?

Regards

The steps go on forever, and they end at the highest stage called the Absolute. The Absolute overflows but never runs out, so the stages proceed from this downwards forever, through lower and lower stages. This process is then reversed through contemplation of the lower stages all the way up to the Absolute once again.

Emanation from the Absolute down to Matter

and then

Contemplation from matter up to the mental states and finally back to the Absolute once again.

This is the path of ascension of the neoplatonists.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Which Gods still survive from the Egyptian and Greek and Norse mythologies?

What happened to those Gods that no longer exist?

Also is Christianity and Islam and Judaism just one God away from atheism?

Truth is one, so there is only one God, just like there is only one Absolute Reality. Those ancient gods were characterizations of the Absolute, nothing more.

Yes, they are just one god away from atheism, but they are also one step away from declaring God to be the true nature of all people. Christians are taught to emulate Jesus (what would Jesus do?) but the church does not come out and tell people to actually BE Jesus, just to act like him. If we really asked ourselves, 'what would Jesus do,' we would all rebel against the current church and empire. Islam believes there is no God but God, so that basically means everything is God, everything's true nature is God. Judaism believes God created everything, so how could there be only one "chosen" race? You see, the three Abrahamic religions, while supposedly believing in God, does not embrace the notion of becoming one with God, like Hinduism or attaining nirvana like Buddhism. Christianity is mostly about embracing suffering and viewing humans as sin, Judaism is more about the suffering of the Jews than the teachings of the prophets, and Islam is about constant prayer to Allah rather than spiritual meditation.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thankyou for your reply.

You're quite right about the Abrahamic religions being in contrast to say Buddhism and Hinduism, but then some Buddhists can be extremely spiritual but in some aspects can also be atheists.

The spiritual atheists is something that i'm trying to understand at the moment. How can someone deny the existence or belief in god, but continue with a spiritual life?

I think it's about not placing your belief in some outward diety, but instead understanding and accepting the world as it is.

How humble is a man who willingly ignores all religions to pursue a life of selflessnes? If god did exist, according to christianity and Islam and Judaism, this man would be punished, despite his good deeds, he didn't believe in God.

So why then would God even be concerned about who believes in him? Would the merciful god forgive the goodly atheist, for following such a good path, or would he punish the man for not following him?

OR - does the good of a man not stem from the words of scripture, but instead comes from his own heart?

How then can a God that is all knowing, all powerful, all of everything, suddenly decide to punish a part of itself for not believing in the whole self, but lived a good and pure life anyway?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

How much would you agree/disagree?

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding that realizing God means that you become God. This is simply not true. Realizing God means eternally surrendering to God, and becoming nothing at all. God is not a thing one becomes, but a living consciousness one surrenders oneself to. That principle is utter unity, oneness, non-separateness, total equality. Thus, the realizer lives as the equal of all, not as someone above and beyond everyone else. This is how Ramana lived, how Papaji, Nisargadatta, Buddha, Jesus, and others like them lived

source

The website has actually influenced how I see things.

P.S this thread does more justice than your "enlightenment" thread, at least for interpretations.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
if god is the true nature of things, where did the true nature of things come from?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok OP here is a good 1 for you that I havent seen any ever speak since she did and was ascended into the heavens or space for sayen so. What is the actual name of the creator of all???YOU KNOW THE NAME THAT LILUTH SAID WHEN IN RAGED @ ADAM...Can you present this name???? Just wondering how far your knowledge goes???

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Thankyou for your reply.

You're quite right about the Abrahamic religions being in contrast to say Buddhism and Hinduism, but then some Buddhists can be extremely spiritual but in some aspects can also be atheists.

The spiritual atheists is something that i'm trying to understand at the moment. How can someone deny the existence or belief in god, but continue with a spiritual life?

I think it's about not placing your belief in some outward diety, but instead understanding and accepting the world as it is.

How humble is a man who willingly ignores all religions to pursue a life of selflessnes? If god did exist, according to christianity and Islam and Judaism, this man would be punished, despite his good deeds, he didn't believe in God.

So why then would God even be concerned about who believes in him? Would the merciful god forgive the goodly atheist, for following such a good path, or would he punish the man for not following him?

OR - does the good of a man not stem from the words of scripture, but instead comes from his own heart?

How then can a God that is all knowing, all powerful, all of everything, suddenly decide to punish a part of itself for not believing in the whole self, but lived a good and pure life anyway?

If you believe in an eternal soul you can seek to understand that. If your true nature is God then you are just seeking after your true nature.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Ok OP here is a good 1 for you that I havent seen any ever speak since she did and was ascended into the heavens or space for sayen so. What is the actual name of the creator of all???YOU KNOW THE NAME THAT LILUTH SAID WHEN IN RAGED @ ADAM...Can you present this name???? Just wondering how far your knowledge goes???

I am.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
if god is the true nature of things, where did the true nature of things come from?

if the universe needs a god, god has to be self-caused. If matter always existed, then it is an inherent part of reality. So God has no cause. It is the uncaused cause of all things.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding that realizing God means that you become God. This is simply not true. Realizing God means eternally surrendering to God, and becoming nothing at all. God is not a thing one becomes, but a living consciousness one surrenders oneself to. That principle is utter unity, oneness, non-separateness, total equality. Thus, the realizer lives as the equal of all, not as someone above and beyond everyone else. This is how Ramana lived, how Papaji, Nisargadatta, Buddha, Jesus, and others like them lived

source

P.S this thread does more justice than your "enlightenment" thread, at least for interpretations.

The only way you can become God is to realize that that is your true nature. It is impossible for a finite mortal to become an eternal immortal. Only through the 'grace of God,' that grace is not prayer or service but through philosophy and meditation. The mind becomes like unto God, a unity, a oneness, and that oneness is the goal of meditation. This state of samadhi is what the Buddhas dwell in.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

"The steps go on forever, and they end at the highest stage called the Absolute. The Absolute overflows but never runs out, so the stages proceed from this downwards forever, through lower and lower stages. This process is then reversed through contemplation of the lower stages all the way up to the Absolute once again"

This sounds a lot like the Torus vortex.

Thank you for the reply

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
God has a name, what is it? I am do not mean Jesus, His second coming has a birth name, what is his second coming birthname?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Any question such as why does God not save amputee crack babies, is there anything God can not do, etc I can answer, or

I will answer any question on the Eternal Self, the true goal of yoga.

Questions:

1. Is the Lord God and God the same God?

2. Why did Lord God prefer Ables offering before Cains?

3. Why would Lord God demand sacrifice in blood two times a day to forgive us from our sins, but at the same time demand that all sinners must be destroyed?

4. Why would God make the 10 commandments, And at the same time demand us to kill everyone who worships other Gods then Lord God himself?

5. Does thou shalt not kill commandment come with a exception?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
en.wikipedia.org...

Read first please then post.

His second coming has a birth name, what is his second coming birthname? And wasn't directed to you -_-

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUltimateEnd

oh ok then ... never mind

[url=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=God+second+coming+birth+name]Link

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

i never asked did god have a cause, and there is no evidence to suggest that the universe has been around forever, from a religious or a scientific point of view, "something happened" to create "this", which contradicts your answer anyway. you said that "god created itself" but you also say that "god/matter has always existed", you cover every possible angle, that doesn't answer my question at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by juveous

source

The only way you can become God is to realize that that is your true nature. It is impossible for a finite mortal to become an eternal immortal. Only through the 'grace of God,' that grace is not prayer or service but through philosophy and meditation. The mind becomes like unto God, a unity, a oneness, and that oneness is the goal of meditation. This state of samadhi is what the Buddhas dwell in.

This really didn't reflect on what I quoted. I thought you were going to pose its becoming in relation or non-relation to surrender, or as God being a living consciousness one surrenders to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join