It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer = 666 = mark of the beast

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
No more true than WWW is 666

the numerical value of Vav (often transliterated as W) is 6, and therefore WWW has the numerical value of 666! It's an amusing notion, but Hebrew numbers just don't work that way. In Hebrew numerals, the position of the letter/digit is irrelevant; the letters are simply added up to determine the value. To say that Vav-Vav-Vav is six hundred and sixty-six would be like saying that the Roman numeral III is one hundred and eleven. The numerical value of Vav-Vav-Vav in Hebrew would be 6+6+6=18, so WWW is equivalent to life! (It is also worth noting that the significance of the number 666 is a part of Christian numerology, and has no basis that I know of in Jewish thought).

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the beast was rome

the mark was a tatoo you needed to conduct business, so you could be taxed

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just like the above poster said the beast was rome, but not only that some believe that 666 has been misinterprated and was really 616.

www.religionnewsblog.com...

Do a google search, although it's one man's opinion, it is a much older version of the new testament found that draws this conclusion. I guess Three 6 Mafia will have ot change it's name.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

rome did not control "every, tribe, people, language and nation" on earth.

rome did not force all, "both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave" to receive a state stamp on their hand or forehead.

we have not seen the second coming, we have not been raised from our graves, we have not been judged by the Almighty, we have not seen an instant transformation of life as we know it into a perfect world in which there is no "death or mourning or crying or pain". in fact, just as prophecy predicted, it has got worse and worse - despite the propaganda.

in fact, have we even seen rome fall yet? (trick question.)

the book of revelation goes to great lengths to explicity state that the beasts (there are TWO) and the dragon, have total dominion over the whole earth. without question. full stop. period. absolutely no way that could ever have applied to old rome alone. not even in the 1st century. old rome was just a shadow of the beasts that are to come. which are its offspring. history doesn't just repeat in a circle, it repeats in a spiral that gets more and more intense as time goes on.

read my post on page 10 for more info.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
the vast majority of early manuscripts have 666. only a handful have 616. biblical scholars are not that stupid.

and whoever was trying to interpret 666 in hebrew...the NT was written in greek. interestingly, the greek number for 666 looks a lot like XES.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sollie

rome did not control "every, tribe, people, language and nation" on earth.

rome did not force all, "both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave" to receive a state stamp on their hand or forehead.

we have not seen the second coming, we have not been raised from our graves, we have not been judged by the Almighty, we have not seen an instant transformation of life as we know it into a perfect world in which there is no "death or mourning or crying or pain". in fact, just as prophecy predicted, it has got worse and worse - despite the propaganda.

in fact, have we even seen rome fall yet? (trick question.)

the book of revelation goes to great lengths to explicity state that the beasts (there are TWO) and the dragon, have total dominion over the whole earth. without question. full stop. period. absolutely no way that could ever have applied to old rome alone. not even in the 1st century. old rome was just a shadow of the beasts that are to come. which are its offspring. history doesn't just repeat in a circle, it repeats in a spiral that gets more and more intense as time goes on.

read my post on page 10 for more info.

I think it is a slippery slope to interpret the bible to that much of a literal extent. If you do, you start to wonder how the earth got billions of people from just adam and eve in only 6,000 years, and that sort of thing. And who did cain and abel marry ? their sisters ?

anyway, to each his own. I belive the beast was rome.

here is some info I found on the subject

link to source

The Mark of Rome

The Mark of the Beast is simply the "badge of servitude" given by System of the Beast to identify you as one of his servants who must labor night and day so that the Beast may have power.

In the picture you see slaves wearing Charagmas.

Charagma is the Greek word translated into Mark in the book of revelations. A charagma was a "badge of servitude" made by etching the important information about a slave in soft clay and then baking that clay. This worked also as a free pass around the city when fulfilling the assignments given slaves by their employers.
It could be written on paper as well. The essential quality of the Charagma or Mark is that it is a badge of servitude issued by an authority that is like the beast of the Roman Empire. It is issued by the Image of the Beast.

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Revelation 14:9-12

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
6 6 6 = 18 = me;can

The notion of Me, I, came from the serpents deception. We are satan...if we allow ourselves to be.

Edit: 666 is the number of man, get it?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by depth om]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

yes, fair enough point. i certianly am not that much of a literalist when it comes to adam and eve. and i can't find where it says in the bible that the world is only 6000 years old, but, as you say, each to their own.

i would like to propose to you that the source you quoted regarding rome can equally be applied to the world as it is unfolding at the present. hence my question - has rome acutally fallen yet?

i saw your sig - i'm not your average conspiratorial antiestablishmentarian. while respecting the authorities that have been instituted on earth, i think man-made establishments are inevitably flawed and destined for failure on multiple levels, especially when those participating think they can be perfected.

i believe the prophecy applies to rome just as it applied to babylon, greece, persia and egypt in times past, as it does for any future worldly powers that claim the same dominion over people's lives and souls. certainly the prophecy has timeless implications because it has significance for people of all times and ages: I.E., God says, "in your hearts, do not place worldly powers above Me, the Almighty." that's the boiling point.

the story of the tower of babel seems, to me, to be occurring on a grand scale in this day and age. what we call globalisation. it's not a condemnation of the process per se, but an observation. i was commanded to watch and shout from rooftops. perhaps its just a log in my eye? i'll pray about it.

anyway, i think it would be a slippery slope to tell people that the book of Revelation has past it's useby date.

just some things to consider. peaceout

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Man cannot govern with utmost perfection. To govern is to control, to judge situation and act accordingly. In order for a perfect government to be achieved, either the citizens must be perfect themselves, or there must be total control, omnipotent persepctive. Enter, Big Brother. A good idea, sour at the core since man is not perfect, is not God, and cannot create perfect systems.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sollie

I took the 6,000 years from a number a biblical scholar calculated using the geneology of the bible, essentially calculating the number of generations that are mentioned to determine how old the earth is in biblical terms. It may be 8,000 years, but I'm sure it's under 10,000 by his calculations

my sig is frustration from those three threads, it doesn't apply to religion, which is purely faith based
, so who am I to say one persons faith is more reliable than anothers ?

I'm a spiritual person with little use for organized religion. I know it's a cop out of sorts, but they, that's just how I see it

I just wanted to throw that idea into the mix, as I really don't know much about the bible

and now back to your regularly scheduled program

[edit on 24-10-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Eh, not everyone uses barcodes to sell products. What about garage sales?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sollie
the vast majority of early manuscripts have 666. only a handful have 616.

I'm not sure whether you stand for or against the number 616, but recent studies HAVE shown that 616 is much older than 666. The big claim here is that everyone who was superstitious about 666 was being that way for nothing. Lurk here.

www.religionnewsblog.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It seems to me that the bible could work as a simple continuos loop. Ex:
Few humans, then more humans, then even more humans, natural disaster(flood), humans less in numbers, people re-populate and spread to diferent parts of world(tower at Babel), later on somebody thinks it would be a good idea to be nice to each other and tells every one this, then gets nailed to something for it, people create a whole new system of belief on this persons ideas, then some more natural disasters, mixed in with some good ole I'm the BOSS complex and nuclear/bio/what the hell ever people destroying people action, and pow we are back to very few humans who may now go about re-populating the earth spreading across it, hating each other for no real aperent reasons, hey lets be nice to each other, screw you ass, lets fight for that guy, big system, control, blow each other up, again, on..and on..and on... I think you see what I mean, this is realy nothing new, history repeats. I don't spell well...sory.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are numerology secrets lurking all around us. For example, if you add the letter codes of the word "moron", you'll get a prime number. This can't be coincidental...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
[edit on 21-11-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rogue Chris
FIRST OFF thank you for the angry responses and the stereotyping. That is expected. Midnight D, perhaps you should lose the arrogance cause you only made yourself look like a pompous fool. Chain of logic? He actually though I meant a personal computer attached to the forehead.lol. And archangel, straight up attacked me, If any of you are secure in your own beliefs, than anything I say would be of no consequence. Instead I get attacked for only letting people know the truth. But what else is supposed to happen when one is full of fear? Usually anger is a direct result of fear. Don't hate me, hate the world your stuck in. Clocks tickin.

I am sticking by Chris. he has come here for a possible theory, people who diminish him are NO DIFFERENT to the torture of jesus christ (weather he existed or not). There is many people in this world who believe in such theories and are interested in conspiracies however those people who wish to do something about it are slandered and attacked while those who just talk about it are still sheep who foolishly believe they are contributing to bring harmony in this world
that is what you call a false prophet, a false teacher.
You are nothing still but sheep do not even think you are anything worthwhile, when you discriminated another humble human being.
laughing, smirking, tactical aggression.

You are with the system.
Chris, let those are willing to seek any possibilities go forth with what theories you have, do not let these's fools go against you. they are nothing and ffor anyone to come and make childish comments with some kind of intellectual conversion to show that your more brighter and able than myself. Those who my tarnish me because of my lingo, my spelling, my opinons, fools.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
666 means $9.99 the cost of a book. Someone writes a book proving Christianity is about controlling the population "in philosophy" and warning the elite about the future environmental doomsday Glacial Respiration.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have not read "revelations" in a few years, but from what I understand the mark is not something we are tricked into taking or take without knowing the consequences. I didnt sign anything stating that I have accepted the "mark of the beast" when I bought my computer or signed up for internet service.

I think people have become more and more afraid since the turn of the 21st century. They grasp deparately at anything to try to decode the Bible-try to find out how much time they have left to change and go to Heaven.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Guess it started in India with the mark on the head thing, damn East Indian Devils lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The computer itself is the Mark of the Beast. It is permanently attached to our palms and foreheads, figuratively speaking. Computers for work, computers for home, databases with your entire life stored in distant servers... It can't get more 'free', it can only get more restrictive over time.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join