It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Pig : Can You Pass the Ketchup and Breasts Please...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Agreed on all points.

In a survival situation, many people do not know what they would, or would not do.

Unless of course, you train for those eventualities, for survival.

While I have trained myself, or received training for survival, eating human flesh is not something you can train for, unless you're a psychotic.

And I am not.

Many people see ethics as something which will go right out the window during survival.

After having a discussion, with my best friend, she told me that my ethics, morals, and beliefs have not budged an ounce, since I was 18 years old.

I am now 37 years old.

My character has only gotten stronger, my willpower as well, and my sense of knowing right from wrong, has only become cemented and reinforced.

During a survival situation I cannot speak of what I might do necessarily, even despite training, because living within the moment is most important.

At all times.

Situation dictates tactics, tactics dictates outcome, outcome dictates survival.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I dont even eat meat, well my wife will force me sometimes.
I eat the fruit and nuts that grow on trees, bushes.
If things got real bad I would just shake a tree, nut tree and wait for all the nuts to fall out and eat them

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
If things got real bad I would just shake a tree, nut tree and wait for all the nuts to fall out and eat them

Now that didnt sound right..that sounded more sexual to me...about your wife making you eat meat part

You can keep shaking the tree for nuts or you can actually have nuts without shaking the tree
if you opt for cannibalism.

edit on 28-2-2011 by hp1229 because: typos

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

One way or the other, we all have to die at one time or the other. Why be afraid of death? Even if you root for cannibalism, how many days or years will it buy depending on the situation and for what good ? If the situation has worsened to that level, do you think it would be worth living at that point in time?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Wait, are we talking about the same meat, not humans but cows in the steak format?

Vegetarian or Vegan?

Meat is just a part of a regular diet.

Although I do not care for the Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormones pumped into it.

Originally posted by hp1229

Now that didnt sound right..that sounded more sexual to me...about your wife making you eat meat part

You can keep shaking the tree for nuts or you can actually have nuts without shaking the tree
if you opt for cannibalism.

edit on 28-2-2011 by hp1229 because: typos

You're a sick, sick man, and I love it.

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

One way or the other, we all have to die at one time or the other. Why be afraid of death? Even if you root for cannibalism, how many days or years will it buy depending on the situation and for what good ? If the situation has worsened to that level, do you think it would be worth living at that point in time?

Of course we all die.

If our time comes.

I do not fear death it is yet just another adventure.

And this is a simple discussion on a controversial topic.

No need for anyone to salivate over the thoughts of the topic at hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread SKL. I'll freely admit that I got a chuckle out of it initially. "

Eating human flesh. Yeah. I don't know. As you have mentioned, one can contract Kuru from eating the flesh of another human. It seems that Mad Cow Disease (as you have stated) was caused by the same sort of thing. If this were a true SHTF scenario, where you know there will be no hopes of rescue, ever, and your food stores are running out, I could see how some people might resort to cannibalism. There are, of course, so many questions relating to the ethical, moral, and health implications of consuming human flesh.

I guess it would depend on what part of the world one is in when one has to make the decision whether or not to eat a companion. If I were in my area in a SHTF scenario, I have plenty of wildlife and wild plants to keep me well fed through any sort of food shortage, as well as the knowledge on how to utilize them. Now, if we're talking about being stranded in some sort of mountainous area where resources and shelter is scarce, I suppose the idea of eating human flesh would become more and more appealing as my stomach began to eat itself. Would I personally eat a companion? Probably not.

An interesting question that popped up into my head while thinking about your thread is the question of why some species of animals can eat their own and not get sick, while it seems that human beings could almost assuredly contract Kuru or other nasty diseases? Is there an evolutionary process involved? Is it a side effect of genetic engineering (of course, I'm alluding to the theory that humans were genetically engineered, but that's another discussion for a different day)? I just find it very interesting. Obviously the more famous of the people that have consumed human flesh didn't seem to contract diseases, but the possibility could still be there. I'm not entirely familiar with big cat physiology, so I can't comment one way or another on whether or not lions and tigers could contract diseases from eating their brethren.*

* I have a very good friend who is an animal behaviorist who specializes in big cats and large mammals, so I will ask her about this one and add more to this post when I talk to her.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on the subject. Very interesting SKL!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
*Update

I talked with my friend this evening, and as far as she knows, next to the Mad Cow thing, she doesn't know of any other documented cases of animals contracting diseases specifically from eating the flesh of their brethren. It brings up some interesting questions about why humans can contract one specific disease and other animals (besides cows) cannot. If it is indeed a human-only thing, why is that the case? Evolutionary defense mechanism? Built into our DNA by some genetic engineers millions of years ago? A "told you so" from God?

Very interesting stuff if you ask me. I love it when I get these small revelations.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

i believe mad cow and kuru is centered in the nervous system.

any contaminated parts eaten will give it too you.

don't eat brains! human or otherwise.

muscle meat is relatively safe but will not get into the commercial food chain if diagnosed in an animal.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The apocalypse.
No food left. No refrigerators.
300 million people
200 million refuse to eat others.
they starve to death in 30 days.

100 million cannibals left.

one body feeds ten for a week

10 million are killed and fed to the
other 90 million, that lasts one week.

another 8 million are killed and fed