It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Pig : Can You Pass the Ketchup and Breasts Please...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My god , some of you fuggers are atrocious .

Now I know why ATS discourages anyone from giving out personal information .

And , it's gotta be said , so I'll go ahead and say it ... what kind of sauce do you want with your tube-steak ?

Hey , you guys had that one comeing .

I kill me sometimes . Okay , put a fork in me , I'm done .

" Mommy mommy , I hate my sister's guts !"

" Shut up kid , and eat what's on your plate !"

[edit on 16-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Not to sound nasty, because this is not, but the human body needs nutrients to live.

Our bodies are made up through the subservient role that we feed it food to live.

If this were not so we would not need food to actually eat we would consume energy.

Now, while I know fasting is acceptable, our bodies cannot live forever via fasting.

While I agree with your assertion that out body is merely a vessel for our souls, that vessel, our body, still needs nutrients, vitamins, and essential elements.

In order to maintain our personal visage of health and to physically run.

A car cannot run without gasoline, oil, tires and water, for the engine, coolant road safety, and again coolant, just the same as a human body cannot go forever, without some semblance and or type of food, which is equal to our "gasoline" in our stomach to keep our bodies maintained, water to keep hydrated, footwear to main feet without scarring (although if you toughen your feet, you do not need footwear), just as much if a car backfires, so do we pass gas, if something doesn't quite agree with our "engine".

Yes, when and if we have a vessel, our body, that shuts down, our soul continues on.

But, whether it is regular food, or consuming humans through cannibalism, we still need to maintain a balance for our body, or it will fail, physically to maintain our souls.

There are individuals who have learned to maintain less food through fasting, longer periods of time than average, take Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi as a prime example, but we cannot function forever without food.

Quote from : Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi;2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948) was the pre-eminent political and spiritual leader of India during the Indian independence movement.

He pioneered satyagraha—resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience, a philosophy firmly founded upon ahimsa or total nonviolence—which helped India to independence and inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.

Gandhi is commonly known around the world as Mahatma Gandhi mahātmā or "Great Soul", an honorific first applied to him by Rabindranath Tagore), and in India also as Bapu (Gujarati: બાપુ, bāpu or "Father").

He is officially honoured in India as the Father of the Nation; his birthday, 2 October, is commemorated there as Gandhi Jayanti, a national holiday, and worldwide as the International Day of Non-Violence.

Gandhi first employed non-violent civil disobedience while an expatriate lawyer in South Africa, during the resident Indian community's struggle there for civil rights.

After his return to India in 1915, he organized protests by peasants, farmers, and urban labourers concerning excessive land-tax and discrimination.

After assuming leadership of the Indian National Congress in 1921, Gandhi led nationwide campaigns to ease poverty, expand women's rights, build religious and ethnic amity, end untouchability, and increase economic self-reliance.

Above all, he aimed to achieve Swaraj or the independence of India from foreign domination.

Gandhi famously led his followers in the Non-cooperation movement that protested the British-imposed salt tax with the 400 km (240 mi) Dandi Salt March in 1930.

Later, in 1942, he launched the Quit India civil disobedience movement demanding immediate independence for India.

Gandhi spent a number of years in jail in both South Africa and India.

As a practitioner of ahimsa, he swore to speak the truth and advocated that others do the same.

Gandhi lived modestly in a self-sufficient residential community and wore the traditional Indian dhoti and shawl, woven with yarn he had hand spun himself.

He ate simple vegetarian food, experimented for a time with a fruitarian diet, and undertook long fasts as a means of both self-purification and social protest.

While he did starve himself, through fasting, he did not maintain this forever.

Mahatma Gandhi: Fasting

His strive though was against oppresion by the British not for survival.

In no way is my thread meant as disrespect towards Gandhi's accomplishments, nor am I drawing direct parallels, but fighting oppresion and survival are not mutually exclusive of each other, and my thread is about a civil discource of fellow human beings to speak on a topic of survival and our mental state, and through a philosophical discussion enlightenment.

Originally posted by empireofpain
I feel sorry for all the little children that wil be eaten by there mothers.

So do I as it would be a horrendous choice to make.

reply to post by UmbraSumus

Moby Dick through Herman Melville's classic is the epitomy of a classic tale of chasing the elusive dream, to Ahab's own destruction, because he is chasing not only the elusively sly "Great White Whale" but his own end in an elusve double entendre of misfortune to gain fortune, in the perfect semblage of a Pyrrhic Victory.

I loved that book as a teenager and I thank you for mentioning it as well as the reference to cannibalistic tendencies, because we must remember, it is something loathe to do, but if we must consider it in a survival situation, history is something to remember, in that it always repeats itself.

History, is the ultimate lineage of cannibalistic tendencies of dictators, puppet dictators, and the power elite families and their Secret Societies, they tend to eat their own, euphemistically speaking.

Something all conspiracy theorists must remember, for if we chase our elusive "ghosts" for far too long, we not only lose sight of all legitimacy of Government, but that of ourselves as well.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

[edit on 16-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Was Fish just mentally unstable or did he believe he had a divine right to do what he did?

I am not condoning his action nor supplicating his innocence only asking your opinion.

In a civil society, we must obey the laws set in place, whether we agree with them or not, but in an uncivil society, as in after a Nuclear Winter, law is nothing but mere words spoken by someone wishing you harm through denying you not a right or civil rights, but the right to live, by any means necessary.

I do not wish to ever have to make a decision to be a cannibal even in survival.

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I find the idea of cannibilism to be distasteful .

Yes, so do I, but I can stomach the discussion of such.

I figured a pun for a pun was worth it.

Now, let us discuss the distasteful nature of the elusive, albeit civilized world.

If we are civilized are we not trained to elude instincts and in an uncivilized world, we fall back to our instincts, and react normal, or is it the reverse?

reply to post by mamabeth

Why thank you for I take that as a compliment.

It is merely a discussion, civilized in nature, of an uncivilized world.

Where nature over nurture would takeover for the mere existence of self.

I am not the only "sick puppy" by far on ATS.

And your words reminded me of this song.

Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )

I do not think many people would go unwillingly, down anyone's gullet, easily.

Possibly I should have posited this thread with the Nuclear Winter aspect first.

But, I am discussing it civilly, not hiding it and or being secretive, like Dahmer.

And it is not a part of my desire to do so and be a monster, but to discuss after all Hell has broken loose, like after our own Government's planned Mutually Assured Destruction.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Mutually Assured Destruction

Mutual assured destruction (M.A.D.) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two opposing sides would effectively result in the destruction of both the attacker and the defender.

It is based on the theory of deterrence according to which the deployment of strong weapons is essential to threaten the enemy in order to prevent the use of the very same weapons.

The strategy is effectively a form of Nash equilibrium, in which both sides are attempting to avoid their worst possible outcome, in this case, nuclear annihilation.

It's not like I did this thread in the Survival Forum otherwise their might be more recipes.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Is one of the out there movies Ive seen, but it caught my attention at 2am.

In most TSHTF scenarios, you would have to fight off the f^%$s.

Yes If caught in a situation, everyone here would. The question is how to avoid the diseases.

Proper cooking techniques.....

Meningitus

Meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges.[1] The inflammation may be caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, and less commonly by certain drugs.[2] Meningitis can be life-threatening because of the inflammation's proximity to the brain and spinal cord; therefore the condition is classified as a medical emergency.[1][3]

My understanding is that most of the worst diseases can not be cooked out.

My only thought is to remember this if you get caught in this situation. The numbers are not what they always appear to be.

I thought this oddly applied... You have to watch the whole episode set...

Criminal Minds
North Mammon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Okay, I did NOT read the 4 pages SO far, I will have to come back and have an entree if the gullet so disposes.

Let us start off with a clip from a vile yet poignant movie. Some would say it has NO poignant components, they would be the people that HAVE NO IDEA about survival.

Ravenous IMDb

Here is a little snippet-Ravenous

HUNGER or RAVENOUS?

Cannibalism is for the lazy. In an almost any area the wild can provide. Many do not realize that a bear kill could sustain you for 6 months! A venison backstrap alone would keep you going for two weeks and the remaining meat could sustain a man for 2-3 months depending on his size and preconditioned body structure.

Now, I am sure SOMEONE brought up the feminine side of things? I will not go there, too many yolks.

NOW, let us go into the grissly side of things. During WW2 there was widespread canibalism. It was not gone over much in the history books, it never is in those contexts. You know, the victor goes all the propaganda!

Hmmmmmm, get's a certain perspective to the leg of "lamb" or the silence of the "lambs" doesn't it?

Wondering OP, hungering for a "little" human meat?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen Long Pig: The Movie?

The tagline certainly is to the point: "The hunt for human flesh begins!"

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

We can all live on Prana. If you believe you can, you will. If you don't believe you will not. Namaste.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
reply to post by NorthStargal52

We can all live on Prana. If you believe you can, you will. If you don't believe you will not. Namaste.

Are you currently doing so?

If not, why not?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Yes, I have seen Ravenous, it was quite a good movie.

I am not into the horror type movies because I can see through the Hollywood fakery.

Just as much as I can see through the political fakery in Washington D.C.

While this is a potential consideration to ingest it is something I hope to never have to do.

And I have seen just about every episode of Criminal Minds.

That episode was a good one.

My biggest problem with the show is the false information they show about the F.B.I.

reply to post by endisnighe

Yes, that was a good movie, some quality scenarios.

Cannibalism has been around for centuries well before WWII.

And it still happens to some extent to this day in the far off jungles of tribal lands.

To answer your question, no, I am not hungry for some human meat.

The thought of consuming human flesh, while not necessarily appetizing in the current paradigm of the world, would be something to consider if and when animal meat and or other sundries was not a viable option, and only then.

For me at least.

Survival, plain and simple, survival.

Meaning of course Nuclear Winter and a serious depletion of anything resembling society.

There's a certain sense of humanity lost immediately when everything is black and gray.

Burnt Earth and society never making it back to the days where we are now.

Of course.

reply to post by silent thunder

Never seen that movie.

Thanks for posting the link.

It always helps to speak with people from various backgrounds and experiences.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Growing up in a family who hunted for food on a normal basis, i have always been told never to eat a predator..scavengers if one must, but still not recommended.. but were i starving and my family needed food to surivive, with no other option.. no gardens, shops, wild food sources. nothing..and without moral issue, yup i certainly would..but human wouldnt be my first choice unless in dire circumstance.
This topic always reminds me of this guy- en.wikipedia.org...

great thread topic, OP

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Pretty sure Fish was just a nut. A crazy ass nut.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Well, it sure is not going to my first choice, that's for sure.

It will be my absolute last choice as a matter of fact.

And this thread had definitely gotten some remarkable replies so far.

Thanks for dropping by and contributing and I had never heard of Sawney Bean.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Sawney Bean

Alexander "Sawney" Bean(e) was the legendary head of a 48-member clan in 15th- or 16th-century Scotland, reportedly executed for the mass murder and cannibalisation of over 1,000 people.

The story appears in The Newgate Calendar, a crime catalogue of the notorious Newgate Prison in London.

While historians tend to believe that Sawney Bean never existed, his story has passed into legend and is part of the Edinburgh tourism industry.

Possibly, historians never gave him credence, because they refused to believe in monsters?

Of the human and two-legged variety?

Historian's after all are who often tell the tales no one wants to hear.

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Pretty sure Fish was just a nut. A crazy ass nut.

Yes, but being "nuts", or crazy, is defined by societies perceptions.

Who is to say sitting in a cubicle 8 hours a day being ignored except for necessary human interaction is not nuts and or crazy, and getting paid to spend one's time within what is essentially a prison cell without bars in isolation?

Institutionalization to me is nuts, so Corporate America is nuts, being paid to work jobs we often hate, for bosses who are complete idiots, bastards, or morons.

That is not to say Fish was not a lunatic, surely he was, but in the case of Nuclear Winter, he just might be the person you're following, who knows how to fricassee human.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'd eat a person in a heartbeat, if I was hungry. In fact, I wouldn't have any problems with it either, unless the person was killed for the sole purpose of his meat. You have to do what you have to do and you just have to realize (and be thankful) that he would have eaten you, had things turned out a little differently. With that being said, if I died, I would want the others to eat me. If that allows them to sustain life for another week with the hopes of being rescued or making it back to comfort, then at least I would be of some use after death, instead of the burden of dealing with a dead body. After all, when your dead, your dead.

--airspoon

[edit on 29-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yall posting in a cannibalism thread.

Well look...I'd eat people if they were not murdered. I mean, if it was some plane crash on top of a remote local and a few bodies turned up "legit dead from crash", then yes...those bodies are food.

Now if a suffering member of this fictional "stranded band" were dying from a wound that couldn't be fixed ...I'd sit with the guy/girl and slowly explain my personal views on life and goodness and then ask if I could eat them after they died.

If they said no...I would silently agree.

But after they died...yes, they would be food.

Morally I know this is wrong since the poor guy/girl refused me the right to eat them. But really, dead men tell no tales, and they rarely return to moan about some pact to not eat them...so I am guessing.

Yeah...whatever...I'm scum for it I suppose, but that guy/girl was being a jerk! I mean, imagine the gall of saying-

"look, I'm taking the easy way out of this and just dying so I don't have to feel the agony of death from lack of food or water...and while I'm at it, I'm gunna damn you to just that by refusing you all of my awesome meat".

Yeah, to heck with that guy!

Um....so Leo...yes...I would eat you...under the right conditions.

Not a minute sooner!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I'd eat a person in a heartbeat, if I was hungry. In fact, I wouldn't have any problems with it either, unless the person was killed for the sole purpose of his meat. You have to do what you have to do and you just have to realize (and be thankful) that he would have eaten you, had things turned out a little differently. With that being said, if I died, I would want the others to eat me. If that allows them to sustain life for another week with the hopes of being rescued or making it back to comfort, then at least I would be of some use after death, instead of the burden of dealing with a dead body. After all, when your dead, your dead.

--airspoon
[edit on 29-7-2010 by airspoon]

Well, personally, I would much rather have Military Surplus M.R.E.'s.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Meal, Ready-to-Eat

The Meal, Ready-to-Eat — commonly known as the MRE — is a self-contained, individual field ration in lightweight packaging bought by the United States military for its servicemembers for use in combat or other field conditions where organized food facilities are not available.

The MRE replaced the canned MCI or Meal, Combat, Individual rations in 1981 and is the intended successor to the lighter LRP ration developed by the United States Army for Special Forces and Ranger patrol units in Vietnam.

It's not like I'm doing this thread, making a list, and checking it twice.

You know, for the extra yummy ATS members, who might make it or not.

In a survival situation, if I die, well I have zero control over what happens.

In a non-survival situation, bury me in a plain, pine box, face down.

So the world can kiss my ass good-bye.

If however, someone were to try to kill me, for my flesh, well I'm situationally aware.

At all times.

It would be a waste of their time trying to kill me, because I reciprocate in like kind.

That's called self-defense.

I have yet had to have kindly reciprocated that effort, yet, but that's due to my intelligence.

I see intent from a mile away.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I was laughing throughout your whole post.

I'm not going to give my permission to people to allow them to eat me after I die.

It's just not a conversation I wish to stomach.

Pun intended.

I know damn good and well if I die there's nothing I can do to stop someone from stripping my flesh, in a survival situation, and putting it on pot-stickers, to make jerky.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e815686a3b7.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, and one more thing, Mr Mask, before I close out this post back to you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fd1f2209330.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, I said it, and I'm still laughing over here.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hey...I am not "seeking yummy people snacks" either. I was just making the hard truth clear.

Unlike the lies I'd be telling you if you were dying on that mountain.

If it helps, I would feel bad and try not to enjoy the taste...its the most humane thing I could possibly do at such a grim moment in time.

Sure wouldn't be a happy-meal...and no toy inside.

Sad boosh...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Yeah, yeah, no toy, I see you're all torn up about that too.

The sad thing is to live is to die, by choosing, to see a death as your life.

The irony of life over death and seeking death to keep life is for certain odd.

It is one thing, to practice self-defense, and take someone's life.

It is a whole different thing, to see someone else's death, as your own life being saved.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Whether or not I would consider eating a dead human would depend on many things. How old I was, how likely I was to die anyway, stuff like that. If I was likely to be a goner regardless, I wouldnt. I would just starve. Why prolong it?

If I were very old, I would also just starve. Why hang on, and do things I find ethically unacceptable if I am near death anyway.

Maybe I would if others were dependent upon me for their own survival. Or if my own odds were really good. I dont know. In this moment, I think it is unlikely, but in that position, it is possible.

I do know, that had I been in the crashed plane, I would not have waited around that long before going off to find help. Might as well die moving, trying, than sitting in one spot. Just my take on that.
I wouldnt have even cared if no one else would have gone with me. Its better to die trying than sit around hoping.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
If it comes down to it I will kill you, skin you, eat you, and enjoy you
I wonder if the normal curing process for pork would work for long pork?
What if someone kills you to use for bait, then when the others come to eat you, kill them, all you need is some electricty and a deep freeze.
The smell of barbeecue, is good to bring in other diners for dinner.I like the skin and the Alpha, always gets the liver.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join