It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation of why Obama has a CT SSN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh no. A guy that detests Obama that argues against the semipsychotic birther movement. I have a rational explanation for why Obama has a CT SSN and nobody will want to here it. But here goes.

There is no law saying your SSN must be issued from the state in which you reside. Today all SSN's are processed based on zip code. I have 2 reasonable theories on why he has the ssn from CT.

THeory1- As a boy in Indonesia his mother sent in his request for a SSN and it was simply processed in CT. Too easy right? Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant’s mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

Theory 2- The Typo. Huh? Obama’s return address was mistyped, the initial “9″ typed as a “0″ which would turn a Hawaiian zip code into one from Connecticut.

Don't either of those make more sense than the huge conspiracy? Does everything have to be an elaborate plot cooked up by the man? Many of ya'll are letting the birther and SSN crap distract you from his policies. And they are far worse than this nonsense. Focus people.

Edit-the 9-0 swap were for the return address not the actual ssn. Apologies.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
why did he obstain from releasing his proof of place of birth for so long?

why didn't he show his birth certificate at the first sign his place of birth was questioned?

just wondering

the birth movement is based on a number of critically interesting facts and statements made by individuals

i don't think his SSN really has relavance to the argument on where he was born

[edit on 6/14/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
why did he obstain from releasing his proof of place of birth for so long?

why didn't he show his birth certificate at the first sign his place of birth was questioned?

just wondering

the birth movement is based on a number of critically interesting facts and statements made by individuals

[edit on 6/14/2010 by indigothefish]

He released it June 08. The court case challenging his and McCain's eligibility was tossed out. Seems he released it early enough to suit me. The birther thing got started in march 08 I believe? And it's not like it was a ton of people. He released it in June. I don't know but this thread isn't about his birth certificate, its about his SSN. Let's save the garbage for the plethera of other threads about his birth cert.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey DrJay in case you didn't notice ATS is conspiracy site. ATS is a conspiracy site. Now you know why all these ppl come here and post things about conspiracies. After all a post about how to cultivate award winning rose bushes would prob be more suited for a home and gardening or lifestyle kinda sit.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
THe motto is also deny ignorance. It's about proving and disproving conspiracies. It's about alternative news. It's about many things other than simple conspiracy jibberjabber.

Not everyone is posting about conspiracies. I venture to say that most posts on here are not about conspiracies. But I'm not counting.

But if I can potentially offer a rational explanation to asupposed conspiracy then I should just be quiet?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975But if I can potentially offer a rational explanation to asupposed conspiracy then I should just be quiet?

Stop ruining their fun with reason and thought. Teabagging and birthing is not about that at all, don't you know.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How do people know what Obama's SS number is? I've always wondered that. Could it be possible that the 042 is his FATHER'S (who lived in Connecticut)?

This site says Connecticut is 040-049 and Hawaii is 575-576

What about the Connecticut number?

Numbers are assigned based on the return address on the request envelope, not residency. And Gilbert notes that Obama's father, also named Barack Hussein Obama, lived in Connecticut for several years. "Dr. Conspiracy" at the site Obama Conspiracy Theories hazards the guess that -- assuming the 042-xx-xxxx number really is Obama's -- the president "got his SSN as a child living in Indonesia and the application was just processed in Connecticut."

Source

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
From what Iv found the 942 is an invalid number for Hi.
Hi. numbers from 1936-2004 is 575-576
From 2004 < 750-751
stevemorse.org...
But what do I care he sux just as much as the one before him and before him and so on

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh no. A guy that detests Obama that argues against the semipsychotic birther movement.

i'm pretty sure the birther movement is all about where obama was born

kenya? or hawaii?

in response to your thread, that according to you argues the birther movement as a semipsychotic movement, and tries to prove so by somehow making his SSN information more valuable my initial thoughts are that the birther movement has nothing really to do with his SSN

i mean, i guess it's just another fluke in a long like of interesting flukes concerning obama

but mainly i just felt like you were trying to disprove that obama was born in kenya based on the fact his social security number could have been a typo or something

to me that's just 'off the ball'

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No I've accepted he was born in Hawaii. The birth cert, the repub governor verifying it, the head of the state health dept... They pretty much validate for me that he's born in hawaii. So many reputable people have laid hands on the original certificate that I'm satisfied.

I'm satisfied that he traveled to pakistan on a US passport since there was no travel ban.

I'm comfortable with the dual citizenship issue because numerous other presidents had fathers who were british citizens.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Glad to see that you can explain that for the President.
He's got lots of important President stuff to do.

Hey, I heard that he also has a lot of other
social security numbers besides this one.
Can you explain those too?

Thanks. Keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusions

Hey, I heard that is just another birther lie based on absolutely NOTHING that keeps getting repeated by people who feign concern for reality and justice but refuse to do the simple work it would take to just look into these insane claims.

Got anything to explain your claim?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusions

I apologize, I thought I kept this remedial enough for everyone. I guess I was mistaken. Not sure why your being a jerk? Life treating ya badly?

The multiple ssn's can be answered with the same amount of research time you spent trolling this thread. Good luck!

This thread is offering explanations to the CT SSN, not all of the other garbage people try to stir up.

new topics

top topics

join