It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill - Manufactured Consensus for What??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Problem - Reaction - Solution, or in other words Hegelian Dialectics.
This model has been used over and over by the PTB for world changing events, and to manufacture consensus for a desired objective.

Recent news reports indicate that Goldman Sachs dumped BP stocks several days before the Oil spill happened. This is an indicator the event was planned, but for what ? www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is the PTB's hidden agenda ?

• $6 -$8 per gal gasoline ?
  • Peak Oil ?
  • Climate engineering in the form of a mini ice age ?
  • Creating massive earthquakes by removing oil (lubrication) from tectonic plates ?
  • Something Else ?

Even if the event was unintentional, I'd sort of expect the PTB to use it to push an agenda. "Never Let a Good Crisis Go To Waste" - Rahm Emanuel

Not sure the list is complete, so please share your ideas. What is the Hidden Agenda ?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well years ago it was said that we will NEVER get off a gasoline economy UNTIL Gas hits about 6-7$ a gallon.

When that happens, alternatives will become viable because they cost about 6$ a gallon to produce.

However free energy is not on the table, that stuff will be banned for a very long time....

Why? Because you cannot charge people for using it.

But generally I tend to think that this crisis will be used to push the whole Carbon cap and trade nonsense.

Also other reforms in areas will probably happen, I mean think of the implications. Think of how many laws are possible to be written here.

Think of how many new regulations they can impose because of this incident.

Maybe that is what this is really about. Imposing more regulations.

It's too hard to tell at this point what is really going on behind the scenes.

I will let you know if I figure anything out.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is likely that there are multiple reasons for the deliberate instigation of this catastrophe. That it was deliberate is fairly obvious, as one can gather from the link you provided. As for the multiple reasons, one of them has to be money. Foreknowledge of the event can lead to big money being made as a result of the "shorts" or bets against the Gulf region that were made by Goldman Sachs (presumably against the tourism and fishing industries). It is my suspicion, however, that the money motivator was not primary, but merely an opportune time to skim something off the top (pun unintended).

The primary reason for this deliberate act, as I see it thus far, is that it is a desperate act of retaliation. It is intended to mar the image of president Obama, as well as to send a message saying "this is what we're capable of--don't mess with us." Remember, Obama agreed (as a pressured compromise) just shortly before this incident to loosen regulations on offshore drilling. The timing, therefore, couldn't have been worse for him. Now many are laying this tragedy squarely on his lap. Consider, too, Obama's recent fight against the banking industry and the SEC's attack on Goldman Sachs. These actions clearly upset the PTB (Powers That Be, for those who don't know), thus prompting this act of retaliation.

Really, though, I liken it to a big temper tantrum. Things are NOT looking good for these secret organizations, and they are "acting out" in desperation. They are running out of money, for one, and there is international pressure from secret societies in the east who do not operate in the same cutthroat fashion.

As a final note, if you notice that my views aren't quite typical (with regard to Obama, for instance), then you might be curious about my sources. For one, I trust David Wilcock (divinecosmos.com...) and I trust Benjamin Fulford (benjaminfulford.net...)--two excellent sources who I refer to frequently. Thank you for this interesting topic.

Maat

new topics

join