It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email from a "BP Insider" -- Possible Conspiracies Are Numerous

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Dang it! I must be on EVERYBODY'S ignore list.

What am I supposed to say here? 2nd

[edit on 6/15/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't know, this guy is claming that BP destroyed the well on purpose so they could drill two more wells? Seems kinda hokey considering the liability that BP is going to face over this disaster. That, for me, casts a shadow of doubt on the validity of this email. Wouldn't it be better to just get the permits and drill two more wells than to blow one up and face god knows what kind of legal problems in causing the worst environmental disaster in the history of man kind? Even if the guy is legitimate that sounds like alot of speculation on his part. I could see MOSSAD pulling this off to end our hopes for domestic oil production quicker than I could BP wanting to blow their own well so they could get two 'relief' wells out of the deal.
Let's assume though that this guy is for real though, why blow up your own well? Surely selling Corexit isn't nearly as profitable as selling oil and it wouldn't take a genius to run a cost benefit analysis and figure out that the legal liability of causing a disaster of this magnitude would eat right into the potential profit of two new wells. Why blow their own well?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Is there anything that we should worry about this far from the coast? I mean, there's no way contaminated air could come this far in. As for oily rain and hurricanes, I am afraid of that. I have a huge garden and would be devastated if it were killed! I put 75 ears of sweet corn in the freezer just a few hours ago, and have creamed corn cooking to go in the freezer. I still have lots of everything trying to ripen for harvest. It would be a disaster to lose it all!

300 miles is a pretty good distance from the coast, I wouldn't sweat it unless you start seeing some signs of a problem. I'm not an expert by any means, but it seems to me that if you're worried about it, just keep an eye on stuff. I've got a huge garden this year as well and I check on things daily, I'm sure you're out there enough to recognise any symptoms pretty quickly. If you start seeing spots on your leaves then spray the crap out of it with some good clean water. The most effective and basic first step of decontamination is dillution.
(Wow putting corn up already?
Mine isn't even flowering yet.)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I see one connection that may or may not have been mentioned here so far, based on this snippet from the OP:

"Nearly everyone here is of the belief that the blowout was planned as a way to destroy a well that had too many problems to be ultimately profitable, and get two new wells drilled (the relief wells) that will be wildly profitable and the only way to do that was destroy this one."

My theory is this: The people in charge of the Horizon rig were attempting to tap into a very profitable oil reserve, but instead... deep below the the surface they encountered something else. I would speculate that it was large condensed layers of solidified methane, mixed with some oil and other things.

That, to me... would explain why the crude oil that is being washed up appears to be a different composition than the stuff that is washing up in Florida: (which I've heard could be coming from the Ocean Saratoga rig)

Speculation abounds that perhaps it is the Ocean Saratoga's oil that was discovered on beaches early on during the mounting disaster. That oil sludge did not match the light crude oil that the Deepwater breach was pouring into the water. The oil—a much heavier crude—kept experts puzzled until now.

The Coast Guard said tar balls retrieved Monday from Fort Zachary State Park in Key West, Fla., did not come from the gulf oil spill. Tests at a Connecticut lab showed the tar balls were of a different type of oil than that spilling from the leaking well off Louisiana's coast. The origin of the tar balls is unknown, the Coast Guard said.

One alternate angle of research that has not been explored, to my knowledge... is that of mineral rights.
I've had to deal with mineral rights when placer mining for something as simple as flake gold, let alone staking a claim for hardrock operations. I've been there. Surely there is something to be found in the MMS... if they really are overseeing this 'management' or lack thereof. Dig into it, it may yield something interesting.

(Emphasis mine)

Source 1

Source 2

[edit on 10/6/15 by telemetry]
[clarifying]

[edit on 10/6/15 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how near EARTH DAY this BP explosipn was? when I Googled EARTH DAY 2010, I saw on a top site that it was celebrated between April 18-22 - right in the middle of those dates was April 20, 2010 when the BP explosion occurred - potentially one of the worst environmental disasters in US and/or human history.

At the top of Google search engine re Earth Day:

__More than one billion people around the world took action for the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. From climate rallies to engaging civil leaders in plans to build a green economy, Earth Day 2010 was a turning point for the environmental movement on climate change and the environment.__

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Yeah, we pulled 300 ears of G-90 sweet this mornin'! I put 75 ears on the cob in the freezer and have about 45 quart bags of creamed corn coolin' on the table!
We also have another whole crop of Golden Bantam that won't be ready for about 10 more days. Our potatoes made about 200 pounds, and we're fixin' to pick butterbeans, purple-hull peas too. I'll have to start cannin' tomatoes by next week, they are gettin' ready faster that we can eat 'em now!

May be that the only thing I'll have to worry about will be hordes of evacuees descending on my garden like locusts!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

From your source:

There are others who are talking about rumors that something was happening at the bop hours before the blowout.

Having seen a blowout first hand here in the Cook Inlet, ... an incredible spectacle! I'm convinced that when drilling is done on high pressure reservoirs of oil, you'd better be careful!

The pressures down in the gulf well are around 20,000 psi. That compares to the pressure propelling a 45-70 bullet to its target! That is a lot of pressure to contain!

The Gulf oil reserve has never been tapped directly until the Deepwell Horizon well which blew! The reserve is incredibly large and the risks of tapping it directly are respectively large!

What BP did was too risky in terms of being able to contain a well drilled into a huge reserve with incredible pressures. PB is paying now and even risks financial ruin.

This is a learning experience and I doubt we will have the technical capability to drill into the greater part of the Gulf Reserve for another decade.

Hopefully, we can cap or contain the main source of the leak but many reports say that fractures around the well are leaking as far as 20 miles out from the well!

How do you stop a leak from the ocean floor?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i do find it quite intruiguing that this mail came about the same time as an engineer came forward and said that he warned BP a week before the accident happened about a possible catastrophe.

all i know is that halliburton was a concrete contractor when they built the oil well/platform and that sais everything to me ,

[edit on 15-6-2010 by zerbot565]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
buying from BP at their pumps after they created this madness? You can keep your illusion if that's what you need. I am facing reality.

BP didn't create the madness they were merely the weapon that was used... It's like someone hits you over the head with a baseball bat and you blame the bat and boycott the bat. Then blame the "greed" of the bat.

But that's OK ... boycott BP and another oil company (weapon) will fill the void and maybe they'll be used to create another disaster on the west coast and people can boycott them as well and blame it on "greed".

As long as Americans do this they'll just keep getting pummeled to death because they will never know who's really doing the pummeling.

BP is one of many weapons currently being used to take down America.. For America to defend herself she must know the enemy who's wielding the weapon... and the enemy who wields that weapon has a motive that is far more sinister and deadly than "greed."

Bankers are doing the pummeling. And, I really don't care what the method is, BP still played their role. And obviously, you're underestimating the sheer EVIL of GREED. There are forces at work which feed off of such human ignorance, and the enemy is far beyond what you would expect. The word BIBLICAL only scratches the surface.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
It was deliberate. There's no question about it.

You need to read this thread, or look at the links that was posted in it. This will paint you the picture you all so desire.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Soon, I will be posting my final thread on ATS, and it will illuminate everything that you ALL need to know. It will be the last time I ever post anything to ATS again.

And I want to say right now...I'm sorry that this happened and greed won out against us. However, stay strong and have no fear. This will all be rectified by the TRUE powers that be very shortly.

You all have been great.

Dude when and could you U2U me? What's your skinny here? I'm seeing code.....

I will send you a U2U out when the thread is complete for sure. It will be done in 2 days and you'll be the first to receive notice.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
A Conspiracy Of Mammoth Proportions?

Remember what Joe Biden had said not long ago in one of his fund raisers during the Presidential campaign?

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

Again: “Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

Was this about Iran? Russia? The Middle East? Afghanistan? Or the BP oil disaster? It does seem as though the oil leak was a generated disaster as some apparently in the know of things took actions that are intriguing. For example:

> Why did Goldman Sachs sell 4,680,822 shares of BP before the oil leak in the first quarter of 2010? Did they know?

Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time. Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

Source: MSN moneycentral

> Why did the chief executive of BP Tony Hayward sell £1.4 million of his shares in the fuel giant weeks before the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? Did he know?

Tony Hayward cashed in about a third of his holding in the company one month before a well on the Deepwater Horizon rig burst, causing an environmental disaster. Mr Hayward, whose pay package is £4 million a year, then paid off the mortgage on his family’s mansion in Kent, which is estimated to be valued at more than £1.2million.

His decision, means he avoided losing more than £423,000 when BP’s share price plunged after the oil spill began six weeks ago.

> How did Biden know that something WILL happen early on during Obama’s presidency that would ‘test the mettle of this guy’?

> Was this disaster engineered by the administration in order to push for development of alternative energy sources that is anathema to the giant oil cartels?

> Or was this disaster engineered by the neo-cons or the Cabal to send Obama and the Democrats down the sink hole?

> Halliburton shares jumped 12% as company officials reassured the market that it's indemnified against potential claims and expenses arising from BP's (BP) massive Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

So when was Halliburton indemnified against this oil spill? That would be interesting to know!

Also:

> On April 12th, just over one week before the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded, Halliburton, the world’s second largest oilfield services corporation, surprised some by acquiring Boots & Coots, a vastly experienced oil well control company. The company deals with fires and blowouts on oil rigs and oil wells.

Coincidence? Hmmm....

And what about Dick Cheney? Where in the Gulf is he hiding? Consider his maniacal drive for massive expansion in off shore drilling - his area of expertise! He’s been credited with at least partial ownership of this spill thanks to Halliburton’s involvement in the cementing of or lack thereof of the well just prior to the blowout! But never mind. Check out this vid and you’ll realise why he’s running for cover!

Where Is Dick Cheney?

Probably the truth will never be known – just like the 9/11 disaster!

rawstory.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
moneycentral.msn.com...
www.dailyfinance.com...
sbeckow.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
A Conspiracy Of Mammoth Proportions?

The truth is coming shortly. Soon wikileaks will present information that will be so devastating that I'm not sure the majority of people, even on ATS who are prone to conspiracy, will be able to conceive it.

This is why the Saudi Prince warned the royal family to leave Saudi Arabia. He knows exactly what is about to occur.
therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com...

I will be presenting my last thread on Wednesday 6-16-2010. You might find it interesting.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
He mentioned that the navy could declare martial law. Why don't they do that, atleast in the gulf amd kick BP thr heck out of there? Its US waters, why not declare martial law there and seize control there? I mean, right now the federal government has their hands tied because this is a legal issue with BP, but its become an international issue, and with the UN's approval, why can't they seize control?

The government may not be as clean as it used to be, but its better than BP.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Don't mean to get off topic, but what is your final thread going to be about? Do you have information that we don't?

On another note, after rereading the email, I find it a bit odd all the grammar errors this guy makes. You would think someone high up in BP would type more intelligently. Or do you think its because he was typing in a hurry?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Calling this a HOAX.

I have an engineering and computer science background, this tends to create situations where you will nearly always have to explain what you are talking about.

Acronyms are great but the general public has no idea what they mean - first and foremost as a Techie/Scientist I will always (where possible) give details of what the acronym stands for in brackets immediately after using the acronym the first time.

This email has excessive use of acronyms, almost too deliberate where the real author is trying to convey the email as genuinely being from an employ of BP (or someone close to that circle).

While this email is great, it's nothing more than an ATS members fantasy where this person believes what they have wrote in the email to be the truth however has cleverly elaborated this hoax to try and put some weight behind the subject matter.

Either way we are doomed but this email does not help.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
About the grammar errors in the email . Did anybody stop to think if maybe the guy is not an native English speaker ? I mean , there are many experts from other parts of the world being employed by BP or any company for that matter . So assuming he had to type quickly and is not a native speaker , and has no spell checker , then grammar mistakes will be happening .

I mean I speak English fluently but this is not my first language , and when i type fast and have no grammar check programs i tend to make mistakes in a hurry, even thou you would probably not know that English is my second language when speaking to me.

Not saying that this email is real , just my 2c

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Even me, a non native speaker (im greek) knows the differrence between martial (from Mars, the god of war, martial law=the law of war) and marshall.

Just saying...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

This highly dubious email is suspect for a variety of reasons and, now you mention it, the acronyms stand out like a sore thumb.

I wish it were real though, as the part about the deliberate sabotage of the well head as an excuse to drill highly productive 'relief' wells would imply that BP did in fact have control of the situation (albeit in a covert manner).

As opposed to the prospect that things are out of control.

Im sure the situation will resolve itself but i believe there is some kind of cover up on this. I get the impression there is an awful lot going on behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
O.K., I'm goin' a little off-topic, but I'm desperate! I've asked this question in several other oilleak threads, but no one has answered.

I live in Richland Parish, prolly 300 miles north of the coast. (I kept saying 180-200, I was wrong)

Is there anything that we should worry about this far from the coast? I mean, there's no way contaminated air could come this far in. As for oily rain and hurricanes, I am afraid of that. I have a huge garden and would be devastated if it were killed! I put 75 ears of sweet corn in the freezer just a few hours ago, and have creamed corn cooking to go in the freezer. I still have lots of everything trying to ripen for harvest. It would be a disaster to lose it all!

Air currents coming in from the ocean could easily carry toxins inland to where you live. You are wise to be concerned and I might suggest doing what you can to be prepared just in case you have to evacuate. Get important papers together, have some cash on hand, pack a suitcase etc.
There is a great deal of wild speculation going on everywhere so I don't know who to trust. Just keep your eyes and ears open. Best of luck to you, your garden sounds like it's doing great. If the plants start showing unusual damage I would take that as a sign that something isn't right with the air.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
forget all about the topic and the nonsense included...

the question you should be asking yourselves is 'why is this site not only tracing IP's of random mail contributors but posting their approximate location for public viewing?'

If a member (even long-term) were to contribute the very same content (topic and fears) within a thread it wouldn't gain this much attention and likely would be bypassed by many others (including admin) as a nonsensical hoax.

So why is it that because this comes from an anonymous outsider but it is quoted by the site (therefore pro-active in the consumption) it is even being discussed and considered as truth?

Anyone can (and some do) claim they got mail from a friend of a friend/stranger etc etc but when it comes down to it there are 4 main things that the sane users/regulars would ask:

1. what is your source? (anon email doesn't count, anyone can make up an anon email).
2. what is your reason/logic for posting (is there a bandwagon of illiterate BP whistleblowers in waiting)?
3. if someone does write anonymously, are they less protected (IP tracing-wise) than a registered user?
4. what else do you do with the known IP's disclosed upon log-on/membership and to whom would you tell a general location to (considering most of us prefer to remain location-blind in our profiles)?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join