It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass roots journalism covering the oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There has been concern across this forum that the media is being prevented from covering the oil spill. I think it is time for any members living close to the Gulf to break out their cameras and notepads and get investigating. I'd happily go, but live across the other side of the pond.

Grass roots journalism and post your articles and pictures to the ATS forum. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Agree, If i lived there i would be the first to post pictures. i will be watching this thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am only 5 hours away, I would travel down and do some sleuth work. If anyone wants to meet me for that endeavor U2U me and we can set something up, this is something everyone needs to know about and I am willing to do my part.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
I am only 5 hours away, I would travel down and do some sleuth work. If anyone wants to meet me for that endeavor U2U me and we can set something up, this is something everyone needs to know about and I am willing to do my part.

Well, I am with you in spirit. Although based in the UK, I know how to work the media machine in this country to some extent. However, not only could ATS get a scoop, but we would really be investigating this disaster for ourselves rather than rely on anecdotal tit-bits.

Calling all Gulf based members. Let's look into this for ourselves - good night and good luck style.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

So, anybody willing to prove disprove the media blackout?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
well

people that did that said there is nothing to investigate, they are not letting anyone talk, they are not letting anyone take pictures ...

so ... yeah, we would get new statements from members, but there is a media blackout, thats CLEAR an obvious ... please

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
well

people that did that said there is nothing to investigate, they are not letting anyone talk, they are not letting anyone take pictures ...

so ... yeah, we would get new statements from members, but there is a media blackout, thats CLEAR an obvious ... please

I have seen some of what is being reported, but would be keen to hear reports from members living in the area. If there are Gulf members posting reports, then please point me in the right direction.

And yes, I have seen some of the nonsense that's been posted - UN vehicles, gun pointing troops such fourth.

top topics

join