It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard Held Spill Of National Significance Exercise SONS2010 One Month Before Gulf Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Date: March 19, 2010

The U.S. Coast Guard and 50 other federal, state and private organizations will conduct the triennial Spill of National Significance Exercise or SONS 2010 from March 22-25 in the northeast region of the U.S.

SONS 2010 is a full-scale exercise designed to test response to a Spill of National Significance. A SONS is a spill that due to its severity, size, location, complexity or impact requires extraordinary coordination of federal, state, local, and responsible party resources to contain and clean up.

SONS 2010 is the only Coast Guard-sponsored Department of Homeland Security Tier II exercise on the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program five-year calendar. The exercise involves more than 600 members from a variety of federal, state, local, tribal and private organizations.

OK, now I'm going to get to the REALLY CREEPY part.

Here is the source address:

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In the following youtube video, you will see a guy looking important sampling air with a shirt that says CTEH

CTEH® was requested by Shell Oil to participate in a three-day triennial Spill of National Significance Exercise known as “SONS 2010”. This year’s exercise simulated a 2.3 million gallon crude oil spill in the Gulf of Maine that had potential to impact an area of 500 miles in the coastal region along with other complications designed to challenge the joint response effort. More than 600 participants from 50 different Federal (e.g., U.S. Coast Guard, EPA), State, and Commercial Organizations were asked to coordinate planning, communication, and resources to protect the New England coastline from the simulated oil spill.

www.cteh.com...

CTEH, who is contracted by BP to monitor air quality, has, with the EPA, set up the standards for air monitoring on the Gulf Coast.

www.epa.gov...

Question. Why is a commercial company being contracted by BP to do the air sampling for the EPA??

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Apparently, the exercise was so important, they created a website for it.

www.sons2010.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There's nothing to say, really. This is just outrageous. I would assume that someone who organizes these plans either is incredibly coincidental, trying to tell us something, or in on it.

Freaking world's a mess

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer
There's nothing to say, really. This is just outrageous. I would assume that someone who organizes these plans either is incredibly coincidental, trying to tell us something, or in on it.

Freaking world's a mess

I know, it's crazy.

This was the only Tier II event scheduled for 5 yrs.

“The SONS exercise is the Super Bowl of response exercises," said Capt. Jim McPherson, The Sector Northern New England commander. "An oil spill of this magnitude requires preparation, practice and synergy from all federal, state and local and private organizations. This exercise has been invaluable in terms of the benefits that all the participants received from the experience. Most importantly, the maritime community and ecosystem will benefit from our preparation."

www.workboat.com...

Too bad they didn't seem to learn much from the exercise

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Does sound funny dosnt it? could be coincidental though too. however..ide think jsut as imporatnat if not more important, is developing some new things to celan up aleady spilled oil, instaed of racing to se who gets thier first.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Actually, I can see this as sensible. BP had to get the rights to drill that monster well in the first place. If that request includes disclosing target depth and proposed just how much oil they thought was down there, then it makes perfect sense to prepare in advance in case something goes horribly wrong.
Granted, it takes into account this was merely a preparation tactic and not due to some globalist agenda.

My main concern is this. If they had this preparation exercise, then why the heck is it going so horribly wrong with disclosure and clean up and prevention and stoppage?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Story posted March 25, 2010

Associate Director of Security Carol McAllister is wearing multiple hats these days in the name of national security.

In addition to her duties at Rhodes Hall, McAllister is serving as deputy planning chief for the U.S. Coast Guard’s Spill of National Significance (SONS) drill taking place March 24-25, 2010, off the coast of Portland, Maine; Portsmouth, N.H.; Boston, Mass.; and in Washington, D.C.
Carol McAllisterThumb.jpg
Carol McAllister

* Watch news coverage of the SONS drill from WGME (Channel 13).

* Read the Portland Press Herald article.

A SONS is defined as a rare, catastrophic oil spill event that captures the nation's attention due to its actual damage or significant potential for adverse potential impact.

www.bowdoin.edu...

Does it get any more obvious?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
My main concern is this. If they had this preparation exercise, then why the heck is it going so horribly wrong with disclosure and clean up and prevention and stoppage?

I don't think they or anyone else considered a 'spill' of this magnitude. SOP is to shut off the oil flow and clean up the aftermath. This one can't be shut off. The clean up efforts are like trying to dry yourself off while standing in a running shower.

edit spelling

[edit on 6/14/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can someone translate latin? What does this Coast Guard site say?

www.sons2010.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

www.sons2010.com...

What the hell?!!!!

Why on earth would they write that in latin??! Someone somewhere is missing screws upstairs... Wow...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Looking_Glass]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looking_Glass

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

www.sons2010.com...

What the hell?!!!!

Why on earth would they write that in latin??! Someone somewhere is missing screws upstairs... Wow...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Looking_Glass]

Weird, isn't it?

I know that Dolor means pain.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Although it is Latin, it no longer says much. That block of copy is known as "Lorem Ipsum" and is widely used in the graphic arts industry as placeholder text when the actual copy is not yet available but design and layout need to be started. Many of the website design software packages allow you to place this copy with a mouse click.

If memory serves, it is a highly bastardized version of Dante's Inferno. That bit is somewhat ironic.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

Thanks for your response

Hmm, what an odd choice.

This is the US Coast Guard.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Didn't sortof the same thing happen with the New York bomb scare recently with them holding drills before it happened? Maybe we should be on the lookout for more drills in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Spreading this information to others.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Your welcome. Just planting seeds of truth.

Soon enough, people are going to realize this was planned event, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join