It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup Against Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes! What a fabulous idea! The MILITARY independently remove a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT!

Remember - the VAST majority of voters wanted him in. Buyers remorse is not grounds for a coup.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here's a better idea!
How about we purge our military of ultra right wing/nutcase fundamentalists that think they are "more" of a citizen than the rest of us!
The facists that can't do their jobs as soldiers!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I don't take it as an insult, I see it as a civil dialogue. I can see where you are coming from, particularly after reading what the original oath was during the revolution where it was actually 2 seperate oaths, the first was to the constitution itself and the 2nd was to the US. The fact remains though that the currnt oath as it has been since 1962 does include the phrase " and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." yes, any order given has to be legal under the UCMJ but unless the rules have changed since I've been out, we were always told that disobeying any order was a violation of the UCMJ so its a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I personally wouldn't follow an order to massacre civilians but I have friends who have recently returned from duty stations in Afghanistan and Iraq who have either witnessed or participated in just that type of activity.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

My point exactly. Well said.

IMO anyone who thinks a military coup would somehow restore some idealized utopian form of the Republic really needs to read more.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Trust me dude, when a US or UK for that matter soldier does something they were ordered to do, that breaches the conventions on human rights, you will see the chain of command just evaporate like it was never there.
That is because a soldiers duty is legally to his nation and the laws therein.
The executive are always temporary as compared to the law of the land/constitution which is eternal and sovereign.
In the sovereign constitution every individual is responsible for their own actions.
The executive are secondary to the Constitution, at all times.
The executive would have everybody believe this is not the case by subtly altering the semantics of the oath to create ambiguity.
I hope your friends have not found themselves in situations that go beyond the line in the sand.
If they have and something international comes of it, believe me they will discover real fast which oath takes precedence over the other.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It's hard to take any site seriously that advocates treason to reach goals. A military coup overthrowing a legally elected government is as treasonous as it gets

And the actions of the 'legally elected' govt are any better? Have you poked your head outside and had a look around lately? The entire country is being held by it's dangling participles- and the military- doubly so. ALL of us are being screwed- whether by taxes, being sent off to die in a country we have NO excuse being in (not to mention looking in to possibly looting said country for all it is worth), and putting up with the insane whims of a bunch of people who do not care for the people they are SUPPOSED to protect and serve!

If the military does it, and puts a normal, real person in charge, I am all for it. The day of the professional politician and their little clique has run it's course. And the country into the sewer.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

And the actions of the 'legally elected' govt are any better?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, let's just say screw it and go for the military dictatorship? Yes kids, that's what it would be, a military dictatorship! How nieve and charmingingly stupid to think that a military coup would result in otherwise.
Here's a question! Why do all you "patriots" that hate the government. every elected official, etc, and want to overthrow the nation, EVEN FREAKIN LIVE HERE?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Double post

[edit on 15-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

You got any better ideas?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Better ideas? Almost ANYTHING is a better idea than a right wing military dictatorship! Are you kidding?
Here's a couple! GROW THE FREAK UP! Get it through your ignorant skulls that America is, and always has been a Nation of DIVERSE political philosophies. And try not being so brainlessly intolerant of others, then feeling the need to poke guns into their faces. And, while we are on a roll, not being so psychotic that you think that having a Democrat in office is the same as a communist takerover.
Oh, and STFU!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Better ideas? Almost ANYTHING is a better idea than a right wing military dictatorship! Are you kidding?

Oh, fine then. You live in CorporAmerica, then- be force fed poison, be told exactly what to do, and be forced to work for slave wages while illegals come in and take EVERYTHING. Sit back and watch as your freedoms and your life is cut to base slavery, while the elite run around in their fancy cars and go home to their fancy homes. Be forced onto a medical insurance (and I use the term loosely) program that will kill you, while they have the best of care. Enjoy watching corporations that are given free reign to KILL you, while extracting the last bit of life from you any way they want.

Sounds yummy, dont it? Remember to try the Gulf Shrimp- It's not only endorsed by Obama, it comes packed in it's own oil- just heat, beat out the oil fire, serve, and die of cancer.

Here's a couple! GROW THE FREAK UP!

Trust me, I have, and I wish I never had.

As for party- did I mention a party? Have I EVER mentioned having any party ties or loyalty? THEY ARE ALL CROOKS.

As for STFU- feel free. I haven't heard this much whining since the vacuum cleaner got a quarter stuck in it. If you DID shut that pie hole you are currently blowing the last of the planet's precious air out of in a sad attempt at intelligence, you'd have read the last part of what I had posted:

If the military does it, and puts a normal, real person in charge, I am all for it.

See the last part, Baby Huey? *a normal, real person in charge* A NORMAL, REAL PERSON IN CHARGE A NORMAL, REAL PERSON IN CHARGE.

I'm sorry you cannot read, and your brain doesn't function, but I'll correct your sad, dribbling retort as best I can.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

If the military does it, and puts a normal, real person in charge, I am all for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gee, those are high standards! Any...suggestions?
Naw, I don't really care!

Sorry your choices in life are so severly limited! Mine are much more than the, uh, things...., you listed. But hey! Blaming somebody else ( EVIL DAMN SOCIETY) is so much easier than taking responsibility for yerself!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

So you would trade an elected but corrupt, civilian power-hungry puppet for an unelected but still corrupt, military power-hungry puppet? Way to think outside the box there, Baby Huey.

Incidentally, I think you're one of the ones I was referencing when I suggested that those supportive of a military coup should read more...

I do have to hand it to you though; the "normal, real person" comment made me laugh so hard I spewed my coffee...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Just a non-partisan observation: how many military coups have resulted in a democracy? Usually, when the army sorts things out it likes to stay in charge. For the good of the people, you know. So if you're actually hoping for a military coup... well, be careful what you wish for!

Brazil 1889
Brazil 1891
Hawaii 1893
Greece 1909
Portugal 1910
Greece 1922
Chile 1925
Siam 1932
Chile 1932
Italy 1943 ( Nazi Germany invaded it to restore Mussolini to power)
Brazil 1955
Thailand 1957
France 1958, yes France
South Korea 1961
Turkey 1971
South Korea 1979
Turkey 1997
Haiti 2004
Honduras 2009

These were restorative coups.

new topics

top topics