It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup Against Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that I voted for Obama... and then, less than six months later, in the same manner as Bush the first time around, I regretted having done so. Now it's to the point where I cringe every time something bad happens because I know that his ineptitude and lack of true leadership will only stand to make a situation worse.

That being said, if there is a military coup in this country, the United States and every principle she was founded on is dead. Let me say that again for those of you delusional enough to think this could work or in some way would be a good thing: If there is a military coup in this country the United States and every principle she was founded on is DEAD.

Constitutionally, the armed forces serve at the pleasure of the President, who in turn (and in theory) serves at the pleasure of those who voted him into office. Give the military a taste of political power and they'll want more. It's sets a horrifying precedent that I guran-damn-tee you will be repeated. Look at every other country on Earth that's suffered through a military upheaval of this nature and then tell me how well it will work out.

If you hate him, write your representative and push for impeachment. Vote him out in 2012. Engage in passive resistance or civil disobedience... in the worst case scenario, a civil resistance movement that I promise will have elements of military support, whatever.

But an open coup staged by the military and/ or the JCoS in this country is the single worst idea in the long, sad history of worst ideas.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
www.snooperreport.com...

From the above, this does not sound like a good plan with the utmost integrity to me:

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but the only Americans I seem to hear from seem to have an absolute intenses dislike of the man and his policies.

I've tried to stay abreast of things but I just don't understand the the intensity and the abundance of hatred and dislike for him.

And how did he get elected because no-one owns up to having voted for him?

On topic.
There will be no miltary coup.
You will just do what you always do and assassinate him.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Count me in...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyRHere913

Well, I guess the truth hurts.

He does have big ears and purple lips.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Please God, let it come to pass.
Soon.
Before the Kenyan destroys us all.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by OldDragger

Wow calm down there.
The President is not the Constitution.
To remove him by military means is completely Constitutional.
May i suggest you actually read the constitution.
Government of the people for the people by the people.
The military does not swear an oath to the president.
I kinda suspect that you are an Obamanoid robot so i am probably wasting my time.
And if you really think i deserve to be shot for expressing freedom of speech then i am afraid you're already wrapped in the fascist matrix.

I'm curious, have you ever enlisted in or at least read the oath taken by new military recruits before they ship out to basic? just in case, I'll give you a hand...
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
usmilitary.about.com...

Do you see the part about obeying the orders of the President? Know your facts before you open your mouth and look silly.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, you are perceiving things correctly for the most part but on this particular forum when I say I voted for him and still support him, like him quite a lot I will get some really nasty emails and U2U's...in 4 3 2 1...

The party that is out is always the loudest and most threatening. I come from a career military family and have done a lot of research on military voting (impossible!) and the racial makeup of today's US military...the pages that you'll come up with in a google search are all right wing, Heritage Foundation and the like (and you think BP buys and manipulates google searches etc.? (!), you have to dig very deep to really get a look at politics and changing demographics within the military, particularly among enlistees. It helps to join various veterans groups or get their newsletters. I can't because I am not a veteran myself.

Do a lot of searches on various of these topics you'll see what I mean.

I still support Obama even if he isn't as effective as I'd hoped...we all predicted it would take decades to fix the damage Bush did and I am so relieved not to have the Republicans in for now.

I am certainly not alone in that but I can't handle the nasty and threatening emails I get on boards like this. It's not usually worth my while so I just vote and donate small amounts of money these days.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I enlisted 25 yrs ago so don't patronize me.
Obedience to the Constitution has sovereignty over obeying the orders of the President.
Obeying the orders of superiors and the President is subject to the Uniform military code not the Constitution.
A soldier has a duty to disobey orders in some circumstances.
Read the flaming manual.
At the Nuremberg trials in 1945/46 the excuse that i was only following orders
was put to rest for all those in uniform.
In your fantasy world if the President ordered you to massacre people and commit war crimes you would have no recourse.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The truth is they called the elections of 2000 and 2004 before the even got close to counting the overseas vote and that also included the military. You will have a very difficult time finding information on that. It made me feverish with anger and still does.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This was tried - sort of - back during Clinton's administration and it didn't work out very well. At all. Not a full-bore coup, exactly, more of a forceful un-invited presentation of demands by a group of officers. They didn't make it to DC.

It's one of those things you didn't hear about, much, in the MSM, but I guarantee you that anyone full-bird or above has heard the tale.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

write your representative and push for impeachment.

Still surprised this hasn't occurred yet.

Clean out the White House and congress. Anyone voted for in the future must undergo numerous background checks.

Member of a secret society? Sorry ineligible.

Not born in the US? Sorry ineligible.

Suspicious corporate interests? Sorry ineligible.

What am I forgetting here?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
write your representative and push for impeachment.

Originally posted by Looking_Glass
Still surprised this hasn't occurred yet.

Our Congress is very corrupt and I find it hard to picture this actually happening. Maybe, if they have a change of heart. It seems highly unlikely.

In my opinion, we have to get the money out of politics so that good people can run for office and not be dependent upon contributions from corporations for the high cost of elections. We need tax-payer funded elections and election reform so that it's not so hard to run in a primary.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
bush was more of a dictator with executive orders and signing statements that almost all of the past presidents combined! remember when he said that this job would be a heck of a lot easier if it were a dictatorship. as long as i am the dictator. that man did ore to damage the constitution in recent memory. he even said that the constitution was a g...damn piece of paper. where were all of you then? what really has he done to inspire such hatred? is it he is a democrat after 8 years of republicans and you feel that it belongs to them? is it because he is black? hell, i am a demo and i am not too fond of him.

he used the military as his own toy soldiers. he abused the military for pete's sake by sending people off to die for oil. if military were to have over thrown any one, it would have bee him. remember they were not going to allow dependents of guard units have the normal medical insurance while they were on active duty fighting? walter reed?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

I enlisted 25 yrs ago so don't patronize me.
Obedience to the Constitution has sovereignty over obeying the orders of the President.
Obeying the orders of superiors and the President is subject to the Uniform military code not the Constitution.
A soldier has a duty to disobey orders in some circumstances.
Read the flaming manual.
At the Nuremberg trials in 1945/46 the excuse that i was only following orders
was put to rest for all those in uniform.
In your fantasy world if the President ordered you to massacre people and commit war crimes you would have no recourse.

Good for you, july 8th would be my 20 years had I not been hurt. I was in no way patronizing you. I was asking you a question because you incorrectly stated that nowhere in the oath did you swear allegiance to the POTUS, making my inquiry rather relevant. Instead of addressing that you went on the defensive and attacked my fantasy world.Now I'm shattered. Thank you for lifting the wool off of my eyes. Im curious since you are so adamant about disobeying orders, have you ever done so? Have you ever seen what happens when a soldier disobeys a direct order? I have. Hw made some really nice friends in the brigg that eventually kept him company at Leavenworth. Let's be honest, the President would never have ordered me to massacre civilians. That order would have come down though the chain of command so your correlary is a little silly.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
The truth is they called the elections of 2000 and 2004 before the even got close to counting the overseas vote and that also included the military. You will have a very difficult time finding information on that. It made me feverish with anger and still does.

Perhaps they were "called" because enough of the votes were in to determine the winner. At least the overseas (miltary) votes were counted. Unlike the most recent election, where none were considered or counted.

THAT there was a punch in the face to ALL U.S. military personnel (who can now legitimately be referred to as "slaves" - hence the 'non' right to vote and their obligation to serve ).

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just a non-partisan observation: how many military coups have resulted in a democracy? Usually, when the army sorts things out it likes to stay in charge. For the good of the people, you know. So if you're actually hoping for a military coup... well, be careful what you wish for!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Just a non-partisan observation: how many military coups have resulted in a democracy? Usually, when the army sorts things out it likes to stay in charge. For the good of the people, you know. So if you're actually hoping for a military coup... well, be careful what you wish for!

absolutely none which is exactly why a military coup in the states is completely contradictory to reinstating a "constituational government" as I have seen people refer to it. The constitution is about the republic and the process of maintaining the republic through open elections and balancing the federal governments powers thought the 3 branches. Having the military overthrow the president would more than likely end with an entirely new constitution being written.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
www.militaryphotos.net...

Moonbats that the Active Duty laugh at.

And this was taken in Iraq, huh? Pretty clean uniform for being in a combat zone.

Raising the BS flag on that picture.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You seem to have some difficulty separating the oath to the constitution from the Uniform military code.
By your definition The President is the head of a military junta.
It is not my intention to insult you.
Please be aware that there are two things going on.
One is the oath to the constitution the other is acceptance of military code.
The two are entirely separate legal instruments even though they are written in a form which makes it look like they are one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join