It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 8 years, 500 Afghan elders killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

In 8 years, 500 Afghan elders killed

www.presstv.ir

At least 500 Afghan tribal leaders, who were against the invasion of the country by US-led forces, have been suspiciously killed in Kandahar in the past eight years.

According to a list received by Press TV's correspondent in Afghanistan, more than 500 tribal leaders in the southern provinces of Afghanistan especially Kandahar have been killed in suspicious manners after the US invasion of the country in 2001.

The list cites the names of the killed Afghan figures, their tribes, their place of birth and the place they were killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Could the US be covertly assassinating these elders to achieve their political goals? Is this part of the hit-squad rumored to be run by Cheney? Is this somehow tied into the opium trade, allegedly controlled by the US?

He added that the assassination of tribal leaders particularly those of Pashtun tribes, has given the Taliban militants the upper hand in the area in a way that even a 15-year-old Taliban can give orders to everybody.

The unnamed tribal leader said furthermore that as a result of the murders and a political vacuum, a 20-year-old Taliban is actually the traditional leader in the area, ordering as a tribal leader who once exercise strong influence over the population.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Could this be a measure to ensure that war continues in Afghanistan? If it were too easy, we wouldn't have an excuse to be there in the way that we are now. Corporations make big-bucks from this war and the more chaos, the more money.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this was an effort to have a complete puppet state, though I ultimately suspect that this has to do with the Afghan poppy and opium/heroin trade, after all Helmand Province is one of the biggest poppy production regions in the country.

--airspoon

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Are you saying the US wants the Taliban in charge?

Sounds more like Iranian soothsaying - this is from Press TV after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That's not what I'm saying at all. I posed the question of whether the US really wants stability or not, which is a fair question to ask. I have said for years that the only good thing going for Afghanistan, is the elders. They also just happen to be an obstacle of continuing chaos and if US corporations are interested in making big bucks from the war in Afghanistan, they need chaos.

I then further postulated that this could also be due to the heroin trade. The tribal elders are famous for their opposition to poppy production.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I knew a LERP who had jobs assasinating leaders in Cambodia. We are using the same tactics we used in Vietnam. We create disorder by taking out the leaders. I didn't work in Vietnam and it ain't gonna work in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by PuterMan

That's not what I'm saying at all. I posed the question of whether the US really wants stability or not, which is a fair question to ask. I have said for years that the only good thing going for Afghanistan, is the elders. They also just happen to be an obstacle of continuing chaos and if US corporations are interested in making big bucks from the war in Afghanistan, they need chaos.

I then further postulated that this could also be due to the heroin trade. The tribal elders are famous for their opposition to poppy production.

--airspoon

A troubled economy requires war. Strip it back to basics and war is good business for all. I don't believe stability will ever be achieved in the region and if the reports about Afghanistan's mineral wealth are true, then there is no way the US will pull out.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It all just clicked in now.

When the Russians invaded they mapped out where the rich mineral deposits are. Now fast forward to the US led invasion. The US knew that Afghanistan had over $1 trillion worth of mineral deposits.

I came across this new thread which details the information about the Pentagon drueling over Afghan's mines. THREAD

Needless to say, the invasion is about securing a Pentagon puppeteer as the government and to kill any tribal leaders who oppose the corporate mining profits.

In the article it also states that many tribal leaders are against the government mining their fields. Now you can see why these leaders are turning up mysteriously dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Nice well though-out post! Now that you put it all together, it makes sense.
Second line.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

This is simply another proof of the rogue empire's terrorism.

The thing is, this won't effect anything because they can't choose who the elders are, that is why I suspect they keep killing them so that hopefully the next would be pro invasion.

But they can't be chosen is the key idea here, and that is why the empire haven't been successful.

The elders are the elders, they are the oldest with the most experience, with the most understanding and wisdom.

The rogue empire has chosen a new method, kill civilians and blame the resistance. The major NATO operation has just began this month and already you can see direct targeting of civilians, for example the wedding bombing which the resistance denied, and the witnesses said it wasn't a suicide bombing as the Western media proclaims.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Right, and people don't realize how much influence the tribal leaders have in Afghanistan. Generally speaking, the tribal members vote for whoever the tribal leaders suggest. People have absolute and complete trust in their tribal elders. Unlike American politics, tribal elders generally have the best interest of their people at heart. It's like a "chief" in Native-American culture, only with far more loyalty.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Theyre using the same playbook they used in vietnam on this.. And looks like their bit more refined on it now.. Some things never change..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I knew a LERP who had jobs assasinating leaders in Cambodia. We are using the same tactics we used in Vietnam. We create disorder by taking out the leaders. I didn't work in Vietnam and it ain't gonna work in Afghanistan.

I know a former medic that was used on "off the books" exercises into Mexico and Costa Rica, securing pot and coc aine grows and supply lines.

In the first Iraq war, he accompanied hit squads as well.

He still has nightmares, and it is ruining his marriage. He is a good man who is completely haunted by his service. He won't talk to me about it all, and his wife is too good of a woman to share his secrets. There is something more than just what i have told you that is eating him alive.

I love America, and i love our troops. The civilians commanding them are scoundrels.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Could the US be covertly assassinating these elders to achieve their political goals?

Covertly? I doubt it...

More like flat-out-killed.

top topics

join