It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by ElijahWan

Please point out the flaw in my logic when I said above that 'Obama does a thing that is not smart to do'.

Either Obama does not smoke or smoking is a smart thing to do, if my logic is wrong here.

Your "flaw in logic" is stating that anyone who smokes cigarettes lacks common sense. Thus...in essence, you are stating anytime someone does anything unhealthy they lack common sense....

Do you not see the flaw in logic in that statement? Again...The ONLY thing you can possible state is that people who do "unhealthy" things have weaker wills than YOU....and that is only if you don't participate in "unhealthy" things, which I tend to think is PRETTY hard to do in this day and age....Hell staring at and LCD computer screen is bad for your eyes, so do you lack common sense for posting back to me?

That is what your line of logic is stating, and thus IMHO is flawed.
Address the statement at the very top of this post please ie- Obama does something that is not smart to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder
reply to post by peggy m

You obviously have already been assimilated, are you even human? Cause it seems your own life isnt content enough if you want to go out and help change others lives, whether they are in public or not.

But to each their own. I was being sarcastic, you didnt get it...

Geez, I could have said the same about you. Did you know that the number one means of controlling a mass population is through their addictions? Number two on the list is through their beliefs. You think that behavior modification is a bad thing just because it sounds bad. Would you rather get a prescription for a "Wonder Drug" or a "Miracle Pill" to solve your problems?

Many of you have gotten off track from the integrity of the original proposition that was based on this college paper: "Feeling Sad, Pop a Pill" and I will offer you the original with all its references! I know, because I wrote the damned thing!

It is the start for getting people off welfare, getting people away from claiming a mental disability without ever having worked a day in their life and being able to collect Social Security Disability, getting people off the couch and instead of staring a tv telling them what to do using all kinds of false information that they may actually get their butts out into the real physical world to experience reality!

I can only work with what I see offered and right now our government is the machine I am going to use to make necessary changes. It's not about giving up freedoms. It is all about reclaiming the freedoms that we are born with to be autonomous. Addictions lead to a willingness to give up freedom in exchange for a guarantee that the addiction will be supplied.

Look around you and recognize how many people are allowing themselves to be controlled through their addictions and you believe this is freedom? You don't have to take my word for it, just look at your own addictions that you call freedoms. Is it junk food, cigarettes, alcohol, sex, feeling sorry for yourself, causing other people's misery, internet emails, chats, social sites... what? What causes that sandpaper feeling to run down the insides of your chest when you are in the positions to choose to do something else or stay with your addiction?

Then do a deep intellectual search of your behaviors: what choices are you willing to give up in order to keep the illusion of a freedom of being controlled?

The worst addictions are the ones you don't even know you have until it is too late and you realize you were never free. Government and corporate hand outs are at the top of my list of addictions that people don't realize they have. There are more but those are only minor and easy to spot.

It's a chess game you don't even realize you are playing. You may be content being a pawn to be sacrificed but I am out to get the King into checkmate. In order to accomplish this, I have to get through the middle of the game all the way through to where the King stands and then wait til the guard is placed elsewhere before I make my glorious winning move.

If you can't get the people to wisen up to make necessary changes because they choose to give up an addiction the only alternative is to learn how to win the game. It is not assimiliating, it is a check mate and forceful removal of the blinders. Don't worry, only some people had those blinders surgically installed. Yep, those are going to hurt when they come off.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by peggy m]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Excellent topics for a feed back. I have only one offer: anyone who believes that doing things to be helathy are an infringenment on personal freedoms can stop receiving government benefits for the illnesses that were caused by their irrational choices.

Protestors? You don't have to stop doing what you are doing. All I ask is that you stop making me pay for your bad choices! And that is what this advisory is all about. Getting people off their lazy asses to support their own bad addictions instead of the belief that their freedom of choice means I have to pay for their mistakes.

What part of social do people not understand? Just because you live with me, near me, or around me, does not mean I am responsible for your decisions. A free society does not mean we were free to make the choice to become addicted. A free society means we are all free to make a choice and if you want me to pay for your mistakes then I am going to cut my losses now and tell you what mistakes I am not willing to pay for.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join