It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have to be Christian to worship Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

You may be correct about that - however this was about biblical Satan and those who consciously put their effort to worship it.

-v

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Since "Satan" is a Biblical name and a Biblical concept, referring to someone who is supposed to be in opposition to the Biblical God, anyone who takes "Satan" as the name of their deity is defining themselves as NOT being part of the community that worships the Biblical God.

It certainly doesn't follow that they actually believe in the Biblical God. It's just a way of saying that "I am not a Christian, and I don't want to be part of the Christian community".

If you someone wants to define themselves as not Christian there are many ways of doing so without taking " 'Satan' as the name of their deity."

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Ian the Christian]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian the Christian

. It's just a way of saying that "I am not a Christian, and I don't want to be part of the Christian community".

If you someone wants to define themselves as not Christian, there are many ways of doing that without taking " 'Satan' as the name of their deity."

I agree.
That's why I said it was "a way" and not "the only way".
I wasn't defending Satanism, you know. Just trying to psychoanalyse it.
My own standpoint is a Christian one.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree.
That's why I said it was "a way" and not "the only way".
I wasn't defending Satanism, you know. Just trying to psychoanalyse it.

The psychology of it, as described by you, is childish (but in agreement with Anton LaVey's doctrine of the Church of Satan). It would be like me saying, "I'm not a Scientologist, so my friends and I will conduct rituals to the evil alien overlord of the Scientology mythos."

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You have to be Christian to worship Satan

To worship Satan you have to have bought into the fantasy aspect of the Bible for sure.

If someone has then that would make them as foolish as any literalist of fundamental believer and in need of just as much pity as I give to any adult who believes in talking animals and water walkers.

Most 8 year olds know better nowadays.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Greatest I am

You have to be Christian to worship Satan

To worship Satan you have to have bought into the fantasy aspect of the Bible for sure.

Upside down crucifixes says a lot. It may only be an anti-thesis of the original doctrine. I am not sure, but maybe a teaching put into the Christs mouth: "Do onto others as you would want them do to you." would twist into something like "Do yourself as you would want everybody do to you" within satansist.

Yea, it's pretty demonstrating that people still on modern times buy into that.

But who knows when animals talk - and I've seen some bugs running above the water

-v

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join