It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning: Let the Propoganda/Spin Begin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
source: Stars & Stripes

Messages from alleged leaker portray him as despondent GI

This may perhaps come as a bit of old news to some, but out here we just got the newspaper from three days ago. When I saw this article, I knew I needed to look it up online and share it with you good folks.

It would seem that in fear of multiple "situations" like Spc Manning, Big Army is officially trying to paint him as a near-suicidal lunatic..

Bradley Manning, 22, had just gone through a breakup. He had been demoted a rank in the Army after striking a fellow soldier. He felt he had no future, and yet he thought that by sharing classified information about his government's foreign policy, he might "actually change something."

Obviously, his actions had nothing at all to do with the 260,000 diplomatic cables "explaining how the first world exploits the third, in detail, from an internal perspective."......

As I do not personally know the contents of these, I cannot say that this young man did the Right Thing. However, I applaud him. If for no other reason than to him - he was doing the right thing.

Moral courage is, in my opinion, the highest of army values because without it, the rest are meaningless. This young man exemplifies this trait in spades....with a good deal of testicular fortitude as well.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by blood0fheroes]

new topics

join