It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Time Travel Process

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I give you a link to a paper written by Schwarzschild that refutes the existence of black holes.

You answer with this:

Actually he says it in the first paragraph that he is talking about an incompressible fluid.

Your thirteen kid ... Not as smart as you think you are. Trust me, if magnets and electrons could be used to make a time travel machine (defying everything known *currently* about physics) then it would have already been done.

Trust me, you do NOT know more about space warps, black holes, magnets or electrons than a physicist does. YOU ARE THIRTEEN. Show a little humility will ya, you obviously aren't a completely stupid thirteen year old, so at the very least do yourself a favor and be a smidgen more humble here.

I am also saying do you have any other problems with what I said earlier. Remember the other 2?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I was just seeing if you would catch me on that

Yea, you said something similar when I called you out on the John thing.

My eight year old also love's pulling that one on me when I catch him either lying or not understanding something. My eleven year old daughter just makes some weird contorted noise and storms off... Women...

I am only limited to what I can teach myself.

And I gave you two or three search terms already in which to educate yourself on current physics that you are not learning in school. Yet your still hanging on this crazy notion that you can reverse entropy for the entire universe in your backyard.

I understand you kid, I really do. I was there myself. I thought I would be the first to invent a teleporter using magnets and electrons. Then I learned more about it and realized how naive I was. I'm telling you it won't work from personal experience. I'm telling you it won't work based on CURRENT physics, not that garbage your teacher is teaching you.

I told you electrons are forced to flow through the toward the magnetic field. This can still build up the electrons enough to make a layer that can cause gravitational attraction to be greater than electron repulsion when they build up.Thus bringing other electrons closer to the object and getting close enough that the nanotube pushes those electrons toward the field increasing the amount of electrons in the electron layer.

And someone brought up a very good, valid and known point about all of that, which you just dismiss with the wave of a hand. You can't simply dismiss certain aspects of physics and exclaim that you, at thirteen, have succeeded where every scientists has failed.

I don't know everything, or anything close to that.

Well, that much is obvious.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I was just seeing if you would catch me on that

Yea, you said something similar when I called you out on the John thing.

My eight year old also love's pulling that one on me when I catch him either lying or not understanding something. My eleven year old daughter just makes some weird contorted noise and storms off... Women...

I am only limited to what I can teach myself.

And I gave you two or three search terms already in which to educate yourself on current physics that you are not learning in school. Yet your still hanging on this crazy notion that you can reverse entropy for the entire universe in your backyard.

I understand you kid, I really do. I was there myself. I thought I would be the first to invent a teleporter using magnets and electrons. Then I learned more about it and realized how naive I was. I'm telling you it won't work from personal experience. I'm telling you it won't work based on CURRENT physics, not that garbage your teacher is teaching you.

I told you electrons are forced to flow through the toward the magnetic field. This can still build up the electrons enough to make a layer that can cause gravitational attraction to be greater than electron repulsion when they build up.Thus bringing other electrons closer to the object and getting close enough that the nanotube pushes those electrons toward the field increasing the amount of electrons in the electron layer.

And someone brought up a very good, valid and known point about all of that, which you just dismiss with the wave of a hand. You can't simply dismiss certain aspects of physics and exclaim that you, at thirteen, have succeeded where every scientists has failed.

I don't know everything, or anything close to that.

Well, that much is obvious.

I have a picture with me and John Hutchison. I never had my hand up and my ATS username there.

I think you are referring to LightFantastic's response. I only dismissed that because the properties of the nanotubes can cause the electrons to flow through it all the way to the bottom when the nanotube interacts with sunlight.

Didn't I already tell you I have taught myself almost everything I know about science.

You have read my thread regarding my solution to the oil spill right?You saw the link there yes? In that link there is a video of me there. I will show you a picture of me and John Hutchison as soon as I can get my camera.

Will that prove who I am?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I have a picture with me and John Hutchison. I never had my hand up and my ATS username there.

I won't believe you unless I see a picture with your ATS user name. I can find ton's of pictures of people with famous people and claim they're my friend and decided to take the time out of their lives to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy carbon nanotube sheets and build a time machine with me over the summer.

I think you are referring to LightFantastic's response. I only dismissed that because the properties of the nanotubes can cause the electrons to flow through it all the way to the bottom when the nanotube interacts with sunlight.

You dismissed it for the wrong reasons. Read his reply again and look up the terms he mentions.

Didn't I already tell you I have taught myself almost everything I know about science.

What's your point? Your thirteen, you don't know as much as you think you know. My eleven year old also like's to pretend she knows everything as well. You kids don't get how thing's work yet, despite how much you think you do. Someday your going to do the same thing I did when I thought I could use magnets and electrons to teleport things.... You'll realize how childish and naive you were.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to save you the trouble of having to lie and pretend here. You remind me of me at that age, and trust me from experience, it won't work. That doesn't mean stop trying to do new thing's, it just means that you need to keep on top of current research, and current research is against you here.

You have read my thread regarding my solution to the oil spill right?You saw the link there yes? In that link there is a video of me there. I will show you a picture of me and John Hutchison as soon as I can get my camera.

Will that prove who I am?

I have not read that thread.

If you can show me a picture of you with your ATS name being held up along side John, then I might more readily believe it, so long as I don't detect any photoshop going on.

Even better would be a direct video of John mentioning that he will be working with you this summer on your time travel machine, dropping your ATS user name. Anything less could be faked easily.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I won't believe you unless I see a picture with your ATS user name. I can find ton's of pictures of people with famous people and claim they're my friend and decided to take the time out of their lives to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy carbon nanotube sheets and build a time machine with me over the summer.

You dismissed it for the wrong reasons. Read his reply again and look up the terms he mentions.

If you can show me a picture of you with your ATS name being held up along side John, then I might more readily believe it, so long as I don't detect any photoshop going on.

Even better would be a direct video of John mentioning that he will be working with you this summer on your time travel machine, dropping your ATS user name. Anything less could be faked easily.

You know how annoying this is? You know how weird it must be for me trying to prove that I am who I say I am? Which is why I have decided that I won't. I know you are going to claim that I am lying but hey thats your problem not mine.

Let me give you an analogy to help you describe what I meant with the nanotubes.

Lets switch the nanotubes with say a funnel.
We will switch the electrons with water that (Magically, its an analogy deal with it) repels itself.
The pushing down force is going to be lets say air that is being pushed by an air compressor into the tube.
Now we will also include another force that repels the water. It is stronger than the waters repulsion.

Now in this situation when the water is released from the funnel(again magically) then it will want to repel itself. But the air is pushing it downwards.

Then the water is FORCED to go toward the bottom of the funnel. But the water repelling force pushes it away from the bottom.

This will cause a buildup of density in the water. It doesn't matter if it is repelling itself it will create an increased density.

I'd like to mention this is my last reply to you on this thread. Thank you and have a nice day.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
ok enough of this retarted banter back and forth make the dam time machine video tape it slap an ats sticker on it and post it on here and shut all the critics up.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

if you throw entropy out the window and completely dismiss the immense energy requirements totaling more than what is available in the universe to even start traveling back in time. Christ, just forget about how you would even reverse entropy on a universal scale!

I guess you could change the entropy via quantum entanglement.

How would that work Gentill Abdulla? I can't see a relationship between the two.

IRM

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You know how annoying this is? You know how weird it must be for me trying to prove that I am who I say I am? Which is why I have decided that I won't. I know you are going to claim that I am lying but hey thats your problem not mine.

How can I possibly say your lying with a picture of the two of you and you holding something with your ATS name? Don't act dumb here. You already admitted this to me in U2U, now all your doing is stalling so you don't get caught publicly lying about it.

This will cause a buildup of density in the water. It doesn't matter if it is repelling itself it will create an increased density.

Great, and with your analogy and magic physics, that sounds plausible. Unfortunately that is not how the physics of magnets, electrons and gravity behaves here in the real world and that is something your just going to have to deal with. Your thirteen, you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. I had similar ideas at around your age using the same damn thing's ... with the exception of carbon nontoubes. I've been there, I've thought I also had it figured out and that it was so beautifully simple and everyone else were idiots for not 'getting it' or figuring it out before me.

Then I grew up and learned more.

I'd like to mention this is my last reply to you on this thread. Thank you and have a nice day.

How wonderfully convenient for you. Now you won't have to prove anything at all and can keep plugging away with made up garbage pretending your magic physics analogy applies to reality.

Hey, you have a nice day too. Try and pay attention in school; OK?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about? Just because Quantum Mechanics terminology sounds cool doesn't mean it works the way you want to play pretend it does.

You cannot change entropy via quantum entanglement. QE doesn't even work remotely in any way to even facilitate something like that. Face it, your pretend time machine and your pretend friend who's going to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to build your pretend time machine in your mom's back yard ... just is not real at all nor would ever work in reality.

By any means, don't stop thinking outside the box, but don't think outside so much that you have to lie to yourself and others.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

if you throw entropy out the window and completely dismiss the immense energy requirements totaling more than what is available in the universe to even start traveling back in time. Christ, just forget about how you would even reverse entropy on a universal scale!

How would that work Gentill Abdulla? I can't see a relationship between the two.

IRM

I meant changing the universe via quantum entanglement. Sending it back to its present state and change the rest of the universe using the power of quantum entanglement to reverse entropy.

Let me rephrase it.

If we can entangle on a large scale(*our galaxy) and send a part of our space back in time then the rest of it must follow, back to the present state.

But it must be entangled through time.So that the changes don't literally change everything in to the same thing.

It would require a different form of entanglement that doesn't change the objects properties but changes how they acted in time.

Thus reversing entropy IF we could do it.

Again it would require another new form of quantum entanglement. Its highly likely that this form doesn't exist but if it did we could use it. I don't believe it does though.

Just clarifying what I think.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

IRM

I meant changing the universe via quantum entanglement. Sending it back to its present state and change the rest of the universe using the power of quantum entanglement to reverse entropy.

Ugh ... That is NOT how QM works. You can not use quantum entanglement to reverse entropy.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

IRM

Let me rephrase it.

If we can entangle on a large scale(*our galaxy) and send a part of our space back in time then the rest of it must follow, back to the present state.

But it must be entangled through time.So that the changes don't literally change everything in to the same thing.

It would require a different form of entanglement that doesn't change the objects properties but changes how they acted in time.

Thus reversing entropy IF we could do it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

My god, now your inventing even more magical physics to try and make your idea's work.

Entanglement does not reverse entropy, period.

There is no different form of entanglement that only changes how an object acted in time. There isn't even a single theory that describes such an effect within QM that I am aware of.

You can't simply invent unproven forms of magic physics that defy what is currently known and exclaim that at the age of thirteen you alone have succeeded where all those dumb idiot adults have failed.

Why would you admit to lying to me in private but then continue to lie in public? What purpose does that serve? It's quiet obvious that no one is going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy and build a time machine in your mom's backyard.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I can't see that working my friend. Entropy trumps quantum entanglement. The process of quantum entanglement is as subject to entropy as everything else (be it vague or otherwise) as it exists within an entropic universe.

Just MHO... and admittedly, I'm certainly no scientist.

IRM

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I know I'm just saying we would have to have a whole new version of entanglement to even propose such a thing which is why it is unlikely.

I agree with you I don't believe that is possible I was just saying if we discovered a whole new branch(But we will again most likely not) of entanglement that entangles through past states then maybe it might. But I don't think it will.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
sorry if this is a double post, but they've already proved time travel is possible if i remember correctly - it was something to do with lasers and a few milli seconds, needless to say i haven't seen or heard anything on this for the last 4-5 years............ probably some agency somewheres got hold of it and is trying to advance it!, could explain all the old artifacts from so long ago.................

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeny122229
sorry if this is a double post, but they've already proved time travel is possible if i remember correctly - it was something to do with lasers and a few milli seconds, needless to say i haven't seen or heard anything on this for the last 4-5 years............ probably some agency somewheres got hold of it and is trying to advance it!, could explain all the old artifacts from so long ago.................

I think you are trying to describe what they did with a light clock. That had a photon, a mirror, and 2 spaceships. And they observed a difference in the time it took for the light to travel

But this is an animation.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy "To each and everything an opposite". There may be something that counters entropy that we are yet to observe. Who knows.

IRM

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You already admitted this to me in U2U, now all your doing is stalling so you don't get caught publicly lying about it.

Actually I never admitted anything to you.

Here is a link to what an analogy means...

en.wikipedia.org...

Analogy (from Greek "ἀναλογία" - analogia, "proportion"[1][2]) is a cognitive process of transferring information from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process.

Great, and with your analogy and magic physics, that sounds plausible.

You prove me right then say I'm wrong.

Anyway the analogy, though it has magical contents, is just describing what happens BUT using different things. That is why it is called an analogy.

Which is why I am fully with this.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gentill Abdulla

You've been missing for 4 years. Did you build the time machine? Its almost like the Feds came and shut you down...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: robbsaber

Or it was a load of twaddle. When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join