It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bilderberg Meetings Were Top Secret, But Not Anymore! (Mod please close)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Today, thanks to a friend on Youtube, I have found their official site.

This Years Location

The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 - 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations. Approximately 130 participants will attend of whom about two-thirds come from Europe and the balance from North America. About one-third is from government and politics, and two-thirds are from finance, industry, labor, education, and communications. The meeting is private in order to encourage frank and open discussion.

The Attendee's

Final List of Participants Honorary Chairman
BEL Davignon, Etienne
Vice Chairman, Suez-Tractebel
DEU Ackermann, Josef Chairman of the Management Board and the Group Executive Committee, Deutsche Bank AG
GBR Agius, Marcus Chairman, Barclays Bank PLC
ESP Alierta, César Chairman and CEO, Telefónica
INT Almunia, Joaquín Commissioner, European Commission
USA Altman, Roger C. Chairman, Evercore Partners Inc.
USA Arrison, Sonia Author and policy analyst
SWE Bäckström, Urban Director General, Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
etc.

The 2008 Meeting Subject Matter

5-8 June 2008 Chantilly, Virginia, U.S.A.
* Cyber-terrorism
* A Nuclear-Free World
* Managing Financial Turbulence
* US Foreign Policy Without Change
* How Serious Are the Threats on Our Economies
* Islam in Europe
* Africa
* Afghanistan, Challenge for the West
* Iran-Pakistan
* A Look at the Future
* The Mounting Threat of Protectionism
* Russia
* After Bush: The Future of US-EU Relations
* Current Affairs: US Elections
\

2007 Subject Matter

As you can see, the New World Order has never been a secret:

31 May-3 June 2007 Istanbul, Turkey
* The New World Order: Uni-Polar or Non-Polar?
* Turkey and its Neighbours
* Europe and the US: Common and Conflicting Interests
* The Mood of the US
* Democracy and Populism
* Democracy in the Middle East
* Turkey's Long-Term Development in Comparative Perspective
* Leadership Changes in Key European Countries [France-UK]
* Information Technology: Globalising or Tribalising Force?
* Nuclear Non-Proliferation
* The US: Cutting Issues in State-Federal Relations
* Climate Change
* Current Affairs: Capital Markets: Risks and Opportunities of Private Equity and Hedge Funds

Source

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Since you're 'attacking" alex on this, you shouldn't neglect to mention that he's brought this site up a few times on his show.

Can you tell me how long the site has been around?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Attendee's Scared To Attend

Really? Where is the evidence? According to Jim Tucker, some of those invited didn't dare come because they were afraid of public scrutiny!
Since when have the Elite ever given a toss about public scrutiny?

Further, it was disclosed that many members declined to attend this year because public awareness has reached a significant enough level that political pressure has been put on figures who attend, perhaps for the first time ever. Many officials were ’scared’ of potential scrutiny.

Source

This attitude carries over to eyewitness accounts of conversation inside the hotel. A ranking member of the conference organizers– the secretariat employees working on behalf of the powerful group– were overheard by London Guardian reporter Charlie Skelton discussing the ’scary’ presence of one Alex Jones who bullhorned the meetings in both 2006 and 2008. These people also joined in lamenting the growing number of protesters who had begun surrounding the hotels across the world during recent years of the conference.

I for one, find it hard to believe that the people invited to these meetings, know or even care who Alex Jones is. Some dude shouting through a megaphone as they enter the hotel is hardly enough to keep a billionaire away from one of the most priviledged invitations he/she will ever receive.

When I hear tape recordings or see video evidence of anything sinister at these meetings I will return to being angry about the Bilderbergers. Untill then I will have to just assume that they just toss idea's around to help the world progress.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I am not so much attacking Alex, I am just pointing out that it isn't top secret info.

If it wasn't for Alex I probably wouldn't be on this site right now.

I am not sure how long the site has been up tbh. Are you implying they have started this site recently to appear more transparent?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I would never say that the Bilderberg Meetings have been 'top secret' as such, they have just been ignored by the mainstream media, which should raise alarm bells straight away.

I see the new website as being a knee-jerk reaction to the increased publicity the meetings have received this year.

They have spent decades in the shadows, actively shunning the media, and now they have been forced into the open they have to sugar coat everything - make it all look innocent and legitimate. I for one don't buy it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Evidently chrisrand has read this and taken the intitiative to dig a little deeper than I did with the details of the site in THIS THREAD

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What a bunch of bunk man.

You and I know damn well that 10 years ago if you even mentioned anything Bilderburg theory, you would be laughing stock for weeks.

No one believed in it then, and 90% of them still don't believe in it now.

It was never a "secret". It was just something they didn't go out of their way to publicize.

So 99.9% of Earth never heard of them until recently in the last decade or two. And even then, the ones who did hear about it, most of them didn't believe it anyways.

It exists, it is true, and it is a fact. It is not a secret. It is just UNCOMMON knowledge. Big difference.

You know what a "SECRET" is? The mixture of paint they put on the B-2Spirit bomber. Thats a secret.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, words of wisdom. I hadn't realised how recent the official site was.

I am facepalming at starting such a poorly researched thread, got a little excited when I saw the official site and thought it had been there years!

top topics

join