It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deanorw

I have an assessment of yours also, but cannot find the proper word for it since pu$$ification is not an actual word.

See this is what I had meant about being new to ATS, respect is huge here, and despite what you say about knowing about respect, your actions have proven otherwise.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
It is revolting, great way to phrase this all!

And before anyone gets it twisted, this is not a Republican vs. Democrat thing. If a Republican Congressman had done this and he had people defending him in the same manner, I would be as every bit as disgusted and outraged as I am now.

No one has the right to conduct themselves as Etheridge did, be they Democrat, Republican or elected officials.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
reply to post by hawkiye

I would have givin him a stone-cold-stunner and finished him off with the "peoples" elbow.

LOL! Well yeah a left hook could end it real quick too but then you get arrested and lawsuits etc. Submitting him without injuring him teaches him a lesson and tends to avoid the other stuff.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

See this is what I had meant about being new to ATS, respect is huge here, and despite what you say about knowing about respect, your actions have proven otherwise.

Don't even go there. You started with the personal bashes against me. You feel you can insult me, but take offense on getting it back? Like I said. I gave my opinion on the subject. You didn't like it and started questioning me and my ethics, just because it was not your flavor.

I am actually easy to get along with. In fact this was my first thread where I even remotely got into an argument. You made it personal first. I still do not have anything against you. Your opinion is yours.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
Please tell me he will be punished appropriately for this?

Just shows these politicians all believe they are above the American people, and don't have to answer to us. This clown needs to be removed from office if that is how he thinks he can treat the American citizens.

i can't imagine how any of these politicians live with themselves. so many laws right now no child born from this point forward can possibly learn in one lifetime, and they are still accepting money for getting paid to create even more laws we can't afford to enforce, and we don't have the time alotted to learn.

i say we lock all law makers up in one building, and don't let them out until they write down verbadim all existing laws from memory. if they can't do it, then we expect too much from them already, and/or big government has surpassed it's capability.

heck they can't even be honest with their marketing label "Global War on Terror", after nine years, call it WWIII already.

how many laws exist pertaining to televisions alone?
how often do we pay those to re-write them?

with technology and communication mediums advancing as quickly as they are these people are literally becoming stupider.
ever wonder how many passwords for how many government network sites any one senator has to memorize?

whatever realities these DC "lawmakers" are living in, obviously such actions are justified, or he wouldn't have done what he did.

that or he is just scared of people running up to him and blocking his path and shoving microphones and cameras into his face while not being permitted to know who it is that is asking the questions.

well, whatever career choices this man has made, we can determine from his street ediquete (or lack there of) and the street ediquete of the gentlemen who wouldn't tell them who they were, or who they were interviewing him for. none of them were acting very proffesional in my opinion.

just some thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by deanorw

Don't even go there. You started with the personal bashes against me. You feel you can insult me, but take offense on getting it back?

Calling you out because your new and your posting like a troll isn't personal attacks, please learn the difference.

Like I said. I gave my opinion on the subject. You didn't like it and started questioning me and my ethics, just because it was not your flavor.

Your opinion is that of condoning violence and yes that is not my flavor.

I am actually easy to get along with. In fact this was my first thread where I even remotely got into an argument.

I am not arguing, this is called telling the truth, you points of view are not rational, saying elected officials can assault people is wrong and sick.

You made it personal first. I still do not have anything against you. Your opinion is yours.

Again this is why I said your new and haven't been on ATS and do not understand the way we deal with posting like this. I am not the only one that will call you out and say the truth, if it hurt so be it, yet I am not assaulting you, I am saying your actions here are not rational, like the actions of the congressmen.

I bet if you go around the ATS forum and say its ok for Politicians to assault you for asking questions, then you'd know what personal attacks on the forum would look like.

Anyway I don't like how you support violence by elected officials, No matter how many ways you try to make it look right, its not.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanorw

Originally posted by evil incarnate
[
The thing I guess that really confuses me is what the congressman actually did. That whole holding the hand and pulling him close by the neck thing is just odd. If you feel threatened, do you really want to pull that person closer and keep them there when they are clearly trying to make distance?

Just my 2

I think he did that to send a message to them. It was a slight of hand. It was almost like "look here, I am being friendly", but assertive enough in my actions to show you who is in control here.

But do you not agree that even in that vein it was strangely exaggerated? I understand a firm grip that does not let go and a too tight 'c'mere buddy' but that seemed awkward in every way to me. I just seems like a really curious reaction. I am not trying to make something of it that is not there. I know what you are saying, just in my experiences those sorts of things are visibly more subtle. Just me though.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
nuts, the user took down the video. I missed what happened.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

No you haven't. The original may have been taken down but copies exist on YouTube and elsewhere. Links to these alternate copies can be found in this thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Calling you out because your new and your posting like a troll isn't personal attacks, please learn the difference.

I gave my opinion. It differs from yours. You call me a troll. I consider you passive aggressive. You cannot deal with an opinion different from your own. That is the real truth!

I did not see much in the form of violence there. I saw a tiny scuffle.

I am not arguing, this is called telling the truth, you points of view are not rational, saying elected officials can assault people is wrong and sick.

To me it does not make a difference if the person was a politician or not. Politicians are human and fallible just like everyone else. He may have overreacted, but some of you in here are taking this tiny incident, and acting like it is the end of the world.

Again this is why I said your new and haven't been on ATS and do not understand the way we deal with posting like this. I am not the only one that will call you out and say the truth, if it hurt so be it, yet I am not assaulting you, I am saying your actions here are not rational, like the actions of the congressmen.

I bet if you go around the ATS forum and say its ok for Politicians to assault you for asking questions, then you'd know what personal attacks on the forum would look like.

Anyway I don't like how you support violence by elected officials, No matter how many ways you try to make it look right, its not

It is the truth from your perspective. I saw it as an ambush. I saw a guy placed in a awkward situation by someone refusing to identify who they were. Then they also clouded out their own face like they had something to hide. For some reason it did not strike me as equal or fair. I personally don't care that he was a politician at all. It could be any Joe on the street and my opinion would remain the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I gave my opinion. It differs from yours. You call me a troll. I consider you passive aggressive. You cannot deal with an opinion different from your own. That is the real truth!

To me it does not make a difference if the person was a politician or not. Politicians are human and fallible just like everyone else. He may have overreacted, but some of you in here are taking this tiny incident, and acting like it is the end of the world.

Anyway I don't like how you support violence by elected officials, No matter how many ways you try to make it look right, its not

It is the truth from your perspective. I saw it as an ambush. I saw a guy placed in a awkward situation by someone refusing to identify who they were. Then they also clouded out their own face like they had something to hide. For some reason it did not strike me as equal or fair. I personally don't care that he was a politician at all. It could be any Joe on the street and my opinion would remain the same.

can you stop being a troll already? you are the reason ATS has gone down hill these past few years

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by deanorw

If you feel that way you should join me in the 911 forum and recite your comment and say I can't handle others opinions.

Someone placing there hands on another Assaulting them is not a scuffle.

This is where we do not see eye to eye, the congressmen has a duty to act like an adult and not loose control, for he is to set and example at all times, no matter if on the sidewalk or on a campaign trail it is EXPECTED that he UPHOLD the LAW and not break the LAW.

It is the truth from your perspective. I saw it as an ambush. I saw a guy placed in a awkward situation by someone refusing to identify who they were.

This is American there were on public sidewalks, it isn't required for them to identify themselves, including to the Police!

Then they also clouded out their own face like they had something to hide.

Again they are under no legal position to disclose themselves or their identities to no ONE!

For some reason it did not strike me as equal or fair.

Fair? Your right, the Politician is a PUBLIC OFFICIAL and is required to be asked questions and act like an adult.

I personally don't care that he was a politician at all. It could be any Joe on the street and my opinion would remain the same.

They were joes on the street yet you say they ambushed him for being on the sidewalk and filming him. Pick a position and stay there please!

Again You cannot see the point hat elected officials have a duty to uphold the law and set and example even in the face of stupidity and this Politician failed miserable at his job, which is being in the front and in the light of the camera!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If that kid was me(
) This Congressman would have gotten the beat-down of his life.
He would have probably only been able to ask "who are you" a couple times.
But as soon as he grabbed this mans wrist, thats when its legal to come back with a reverse wristlock slamming him down to the ground to prevent him from laying another hand on you, until help arrived, or until the ass kicker felt like it was time to let him go. Sometimes all someone needs is a good ass kicking, not jail.

You assault someone, you better be prepared to get your ass kicked back(if not worse).

This congressman just happened to grab a guy who didnt look to confident in his ass kicking abilities. A "geek" if you will.

Edit-Who Are You!?
!
?!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Ive seen the video, and heard the statements of others, and the only thing that I have yet to hear is.. the Congressman looked TERRIFIED! Like he wasn't in his right mind, like there was a possibility that due to things being different as far as most politicians these days getting on youtube, he was scared to be the next person who get's "caught up" and while doing that did the exact opposite.

For example, ever see a movie of a guy in the mob "terrified" of his boss, and then every stranger in the street scares him, just in case its a set up. Like there's a price on your head if you speak to free media, and expose your "true" feeling about anything concerning the White House or the current administration.

The world is waking up, and I can say this for certain, he DID NOT want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag!!!

This is exactly what I thought about right away. I like the analogy of the mob members and the boss lol. Definately what he was thinking, and maybe increased by the possibility of him being under the influence of something. That's like the mob member terrified of every stranger, plus being high on drugs.

ETA: If someone put their hands on me like that, I would not appreciate it. However in this scenario I would remain calm and expose the violent actions of the congressman. If the congressman were to attempt to strike me however, it would change things completely. I would attempt to dodge and counter the strikes the first couple times.

This shows on camera that you are resorting to self defense, and then I would quickly unleash a good 3 strike combo if he keeps attempting to strike me. If I were able to control him, I would probably be able to just subdue him. However, I would take advantage of this "self defense" scenario, and let him know his place. Being the "bigger man" in this hypothetical scenario would not help the college students case, as the point will have been made and would just result in a beating.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Good Intentions]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Oops, hit "Reply" too soon!

[edit on 6/15/2010 by AntiNWO]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Asking a question of a Congressman is disrespectful?

Just to clarify for everyone, what exactly did you find disrespectful in what the kids did?

They used Ambush type fake journalism on the street. They shoved a device in his face and refused to show enough courtesy to tell him who they were.

That is why I consider that whole clip nothing but a damn setup. What was their agenda here?

I don't know what their agenda was but yours is painfully clear. You are either:

1. related to this goon
2. Work for him
3. A friend of his
or
4. a rabid Democrat who believes that your man is always above reproach, even if the evidence shows otherwise.

Come on, 'fess up. You have some kind of connection.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have a lot of respect for the students restraint. If that had been me and the guy had grabbed my wrist then i would have given one request to let me go and if he didn't i'd have broken his arm. Just because he's a congressman does not give him the right to assault someone.

It's interesting that he says "i have a right to know who you are". What country does he think he's in? He doesn't have any right to know the persons name or where they attend college/university.

Also is it just me or does the senator look a little spaced out, almost like he's on drugs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The defenders of Etheridge are missing the fact that this video is pissing people off because the country is broke, perpetually at war, can't fix an oil leak and is led by do-nothing jokers who think they're better than the peasants. I'm sick and tired of the Republicans AND Democrats. And Etheridge just tapped into that nerve.

And no one shoved anything in his face. In fact, if you look closely, you'll see that the kid was at a respectful distance until dickhead walked right up to the kid's camera. Look again. He was completely out of line.

Btw, I've never been, and never voted for, a Republican, but I sure hope Renee Ellmers beats him. www.reneeforcongress.com... One thing's for sure--she's waaay better looking.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
well it has officially gone viral
according to foxnews.

I guess the phrase

"who are you???"

is gonna replace
the New Orleans
Saints phrase

"who dat?"

in Guinness Book of
Records.

I dont forsee the congressman
ever working in politics again.

I am from NC so please do not
hold it against me.

However, I also don't think we're
getting the whole story yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's truly a sad state of affairs when our "elected officials" think they can get away with breaking the law in public, and get away with it. What's worse in this case is that he DID get away with it. That's the biggest problem in this country, from what I can tell; a total lack of accountability for anything.

In this particular instance, what I think would have been apropos would have been for the student to put him under citizen's arrest for assault until the police arrived. There's probable cause, which can be proven by the video, and there's also witnesses to the incident that can corroborate the scenario.

If there's any one thing that can be learned from this, it's that the elite's plans to dumb down the populace are spot on, as no one even knows their own rights anymore!!

What a sad world we live in!

Disgruntled and Disenfranchised,
TheBorg

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TheBorg]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join