It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Yeah that is a clear cut case of assault right there....
People should not approach these people and ask them questions like that unless they are prepared to defend themselves, because everything these obama supporters do is against our country and they know it! That is why they get defensive and violent because they know they are in the wrong as leaders of America...
Rule: If you are going to approach these people and ask them these questions then you should also be prepared to defend yourself and be ready to break their bones and put them in the hospital..or 6 feet under...

Objectivity would not agree. Asking a representative a question should be hand in hand with being ready to break bones?

What country are we in again?

..Do you understand what you're implying?

That kid was spot on. He could have beat that old man up but he knew what he was doing.

Props to that college kid for NOT reacting with violence.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How come i am the only one happy that the sniveling little turd shoving a cell phone in the mans face got manhandled?

I guess it is OK to use Ambush Journalism and then edit the living daylights out of the video, post it on youtube and watch so many drop their jaws. I have never seen so many easily steered by someone with an obvious agenda, and it was not the politician in this instance.

Myself? I only rolled my eyes. That dink is lucky some security didn't smack him around some.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by deanorw]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why are Democrats so angry all the time? They got the man of their dreams in the White House, now just the mention of his name drives them insane.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanorw
How come i am the only one happy that the sniveling little turd shoving a cell phone in the mans face got manhandled?

I guess it is OK to use Ambush Journalism and then edit the living daylights out of the video, post it on youtube and watch so many drop their jaws. I have never seen so many easily steered by someone with an obvious agenda, and it was not the politician in this instance.

Myself? I only rolled my eyes. That dink is lucky some security didn't smack him around some.

What? Oh you got me.
Good one. I thought you were serious for a sec... oh.

You are serious, aren't you. By your logic, every press cameraman should be Bruce Lee'd by our elected officials. That'll show them. Screw the First Amendment! Right?

NO.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Originally posted by alienreality
Yeah that is a clear cut case of assault right there....
People should not approach these people and ask them questions like that unless they are prepared to defend themselves, because everything these obama supporters do is against our country and they know it! That is why they get defensive and violent because they know they are in the wrong as leaders of America...
Rule: If you are going to approach these people and ask them these questions then you should also be prepared to defend yourself and be ready to break their bones and put them in the hospital..or 6 feet under...

Objectivity would not agree. Asking a representative a question should be hand in hand with being ready to break bones?

What country are we in again?

..Do you understand what you're implying?

That kid was spot on. He could have beat that old man up but he knew what he was doing.

No you are twisting what I said,
You should be ready to break bones when you have your own arm twisted and grabbed when someone is ASSAULTING you..

Not for asking questions.. I suggest you learn how to read , or if you already know how, then don't twist and make stuff up just so you can support some drunk idiot just because he is a democrat or belongs to the party you love above all morality..

The kid did good by not doing anything in the end, it makes the congressman look even worse... but it is not what I would do... I would have broken his nose at best and probably some ribs for good measure...
This is not because I am a violent person at heart, I just believe in defending myself and American honor..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

While it is good that the college kid didn't react violently, I think he would have been sorely beaten if he would have. Watch the Congressman's movements and the way he grabs the boy's wrist. He knows what he's doing, physically. He could have spun that boy around and snapped his wrist in half in an instant. Like if the kid would have thrown a punch, one quick fluent motion and the boy would be going to the hospital with a broken wrist, and possibly arm.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why has this man not been charged with ASSAULT?

This is OUTRAGEOUS! If we attacked a congressman we'd me imprisoned for 5-10 years!

Yet he can break the law, this is clear cut case of someone who thinks they're above the law!

I am seriously pissed about this!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Why do we hate politicians so much?

Because they first hated us....

"They drew first blood...not me"

-Rambo, John, J.

(video is disabled...is this worth looking for?)

The 'agenda' is a touchy thing because, on the face of it, anyone who went along, even for the ride only, is politically doomed. It is only a matter of time, they know it, and they are crafting keywords carefully now. They got a lot out of him and are ditching this one slightly before the traditional mid-term dump. They may go, all of them and more, but the real work is that we must do away the stuff they let in the door. Instant moratorium of new legislation (within reason) and efforts to be focused on restoration, mainly.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
What? Oh you got me.
Good one. I thought you were serious for a sec... oh.

You are serious, aren't you. By your logic, every press cameraman should be Bruce Lee'd by our elected officials. That'll show them. Screw the First Amendment! Right?

NO.

So you are saying that video is 100% accurate and represents exactly what happened? You are saying it was not edited at all and the mean old politician just felt like grabbing him just over that initial question guaranteed?

See this place just jumped all over it like what was represented in that video was truth. The politician could have felt threatened by two overly aggressive kids. We simply don't know. That video was so edited, we don;t know what happened. To me though it looks like they approached him looking to stir something up. They just got more than they asked for. I also feel that someone is right to be assertive when ambushed and having their personal space invaded.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That congressman is most likely a cokehead. Many of the so called "public servants" in washington have a coke habit, and its a huge drug in D.C. in general...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No. Just no.

I am NOT supporting that rep. I am in support of the college student wholeheartedly.

I would have beat the daylights out of him had he touched me.

Does that make it right? No.

Could it be easily construed as self defense? Absolutely.

The fact remains that the kid actually showed character traits that are indicative of a very intelligent person.

If you feel I twisted your words, I apologize. I simply wanted to make it clear that if the day comes that we have to be ready to defend ourselves physically when questioning our elected officials, that is a very sad day indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"How come i am the only one happy that the sniveling little turd shoving a cell phone in the mans face got manhandled?"

Because:

1) you're on the same drugs that the politician is on

2) you're a wannabe rent-a-cop

3) the fecal matter between your ears cannot comprehend that only barbaric savages resort to unwarranted physical assault

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to the story in case some ATS'ers couldn't find it..

The OP posted this on the first page..

Vid
I don't think the vid was edited LOL, how can anyone edit a video to make it show fake stuff? maybe with 3d models, but there isn't any evidence of that.. to the poster above...I am
Rolling on the floor at that comment

[edit on 14-6-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zules

Dude was totally drunk or high or something. That is not a rational man.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"How come i am the only one happy that the sniveling little turd shoving a cell phone in the mans face got manhandled?"

Because:

3) the fecal matter between your ears cannot comprehend that only barbaric savages resort to unwarranted physical assault

Nice try. Remember how Jean Chretien handled that guy that got in his face? He removed him from his face with force. Call me old school, but people who pull stunts like this deserve to be put in their place. Those kids were not media. They were punks trying to get a rise out of someone.

As for the unwarranted physical assault. What If i walked up to you and said something about your wife or attacked you verbally. Told you that your kids are actually mine. Would you then assault me? I would expect to get punched. Sometimes it is just right.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Objectivity

no worries,

I agree with you though about the kid doing good... It is obvious that he is a real decent human being and was just following his beliefs and first ammendment rights asking the guy a question..

I think the days have arrived where we are going to see more of this degenerative behavior by our leaders, and the leaders of other countries..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"The politician could have felt threatened by two overly aggressive kids. We simply don't know. That video was so edited, we don;t know what happened."

Is that why the Congressman immediately apologized after the incident?

"To me though it looks like they approached him looking to stir something up. They just got more than they asked for. I also feel that someone is right to be assertive when ambushed and having their personal space invaded."

As a public servant, if you cannot handle the public in a tactful and respectful manner, then you should look for other employment, such as working in a cave. As a public figure, you should expect to be approached by all kinds of individuals. Taking a swing at and physically assaulting your constituents shows you are not capable of properly doing your job and have some issues which urgently need to be addressed.

"That congressman is most likely a cokehead."

If not, he was acting like one. Like he had finished up his last line and was crashing. Amigo needs to lay off the perico.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deanorw

I also feel that someone is right to be assertive when ambushed and having their personal space invaded.

So when did a sidewalk become personal space for a congressman?

Seriously? What you suggest it that a sidewalk is now the personal space of the men in charge, wow.

So much for the constitution and the bill of rights!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanorw

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Because:

Nice try. Remember how Jean Chretien handled that guy that got in his face? He removed him from his face with force. Call me old school, but people who pull stunts like this deserve to be put in their place. Those kids were not media. They were punks trying to get a rise out of someone.

As for the unwarranted physical assault. What If i walked up to you and said something about your wife or attacked you verbally. Told you that your kids are actually mine. Would you then assault me? I would expect to get punched. Sometimes it is just right.

Deanrw,
Asking someone a question about their political beliefs that happen to be holding office is fair game for any American to ask, not just reporters or journalists... This is part of our responsibility as Americans to ask our elected leaders these questions!

But talking about someone's wife is making it personal and is off limits in the context that you describe, so your argument is completely off balance with everything in this scenerio...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by alienreality

No. Just no.

I am NOT supporting that rep. I am in support of the college student wholeheartedly.

I would have beat the daylights out of him had he touched me.

Does that make it right? No.

Could it be easily construed as self defense? Absolutely.

The fact remains that the kid actually showed character traits that are indicative of a very intelligent person.

If you feel I twisted your words, I apologize. I simply wanted to make it clear that if the day comes that we have to be ready to defend ourselves physically when questioning our elected officials, that is a very sad day indeed.

How do you know the Politician did not feel threatened? He didn't know those kids from Hanna. The kid has had arm dangling in his face. Also that video was edited. it is totally meaningless, unless of course it is used to set someone up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join