It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just a heads up for those within range of a TV..

The Congressman has scheduled a presser on this incident, which should be on within the hour.

Check your local listings

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread browsing

After watching the presser, I have to give the Congressman his props for simply apologizing and taking the blame for the unfortunate incident.

We all are subject to making mistakes, and to be able to man up to those mistakes is a great trait IMO, in this case the congressman has done just that..

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So, he apologized? That does not change the videotaped crime he committed.

If I do the exact same thing to a Congressman. Grab him physically and refuse to release him. I go to jail.

Why is Etheridge not charged with assault since it is on tape? Does anyone here believe you would not be in jail if you did this to him.

He should be expelled from Congress immediately and face prosecution for the assault. Anything less is unacceptable.

This man is clearly unstable and not fit to be making decisions that impact our future as a people an a nation.

This is where we find out if the DNC is Good Ole Boy operation.

I'd suggest anyone who would defend him, walk up and grab a Congressman's arm and refuse to let go and do it on tape. Have your lawyer close by, because you would be arrested on the spot.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Another elitist politician.

He should be arrested and charged like anyone else would be and then deal with it.

The people need to demand due process.

Great find Jib.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"who are you?"

-Im the guy who is going to be filing a lawsuit on you.(thats what the kid should have said).

Or "Im Batman" would have worked also.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Honestly, I think the majority of congress are either drunk or on drugs, what else can explain what they have been doing"

He's definitely trashed! Just look at how he's speaking and that glazed look in his eyes. Probably just took his last hit a little while back and was crashing.

Who are you? I'm the guy who just put an end to your political career by exposing you as the miserable chemically addicted abusive douche bag that you are. This is the kind of guy who goes home lit and beats up his wife and kids.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney....."So?"

Translation: Politicians falsely believe they can do ANYTHING without our consequence. But we let them get away with it time and time again. It is a non partisan affliction. Sad but true.

There is no excuse for his actions. He is there to serve the people, not attack them.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
PICTURE THIS:

A cop comes up to Joe Citizen, asks him "Do you support the Obama agenda?"

Joe Citizen then repeats "Who are you?" Grabs the cop's wrist, shoves, him, and handles him by the back of the neck.

How would the police perceive such actions?

Wouldn't the citizen who did this to a cop be charged with a crime, and likely face some kind of jail time, fine, or a severe beating?

Now, turn the tables back. It's a member of the government doing this to a citizen. He makes a public apology, and... apparently no harm is done?

Looks different depending on which actor is playing what role, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

After watching the presser, I have to give the Congressman his props for simply apologizing and taking the blame for the unfortunate incident.

We all are subject to making mistakes, and to be able to man up to those mistakes is a great trait IMO, in this case the congressman has done just that..

I disagree. The only reason he apologized is because he was caught on video. Otherwise, he would have tried to make it a he said-he said incident.

Regardless. Public apology or not, the student can still press charges, and I hope he does.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Common guys, he was up all night with devil church. I mean when I have been up for hours slaughtering animals to an owl god, I get a little cranky too.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This video has been removed by the user? Can someone repost so that anyone new to the thread can view and make an educated comment? Alot of people here on ATS or attracted to corruption and such so I would like to view this video myself!

THANKS!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All i can say is wow. Now i am going to have that song stuck in my head for a few days. I cannot believe that mans reaction, it is almost surreal. Interesting to say the least. I wonder if that will be the question for every encounter with the high school crowd, as a parody? I could see that happening.

A govt who is unbelievablely excentric, or a man who likes to know who you are, and forcefully?

Now switch "govt" with "man" and that becomes a different question, doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The man is clearly under the influence. His actions are strange, and frankly.. quite creepy.

The wrist grip was strange, as was the line of questioning, like he was trying to summon up training on how to deal with such a scenario. He then proceeded to grip the back of his neck, then in an apparent state of confusion, pulls him in for some kind of hug.

Watching his face the whole time, he is clearly under the influence of a mind-altering substance. He's not intoxicated with alcohol, as his expressions and speech would be different, as well as his actions.. in my opinion.

Most likely an opiate narcotic, or more.

That and, he just seems like a creep. Is he a scientologist? As his behavior mimics certain scientologist encounters. Look up videos on the subject. The scientologist will repeat, over and over, "What are you crimes?" "Who are you?" "What are you crimes?". Absurd physical contact is also present, as well as staring down the other person.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess we have to wait for the wonderful Republicans to get back in power and see them starve the US population to death, cut taxes for the rich, repeal the health care bill, or start another Iraq war.

All you folks complaining about the democrats think the Republicans will do better . . . you are in delusion

You complain about spending but it was Clinton who balanced the budget and the Republicans under Bush who unbalanced it to a 3 trillion deficit

How are the democrats supposed to do so much in a year to repair the damage of George Bush and the Republican party.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I won't say that your speculation is wrong, that may well have been what might have happened if the video didn't surface. I am just basing my opinion on what actually happened.

Should he be arrested? I don't think so, does the guy he grabbed by the arm and gave a bear hug to have the right to pursue this? Yes.

If this Congressman's constituents feel that his actions were way over the top, they will have the opportunity to unseat him this November.

He has only provided more ammunition for the contender's in his election.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah that is a clear cut case of assault right there....
People should not approach these people and ask them questions like that unless they are prepared to defend themselves, because everything these obama supporters do is against our country and they know it! That is why they get defensive and violent because they know they are in the wrong as leaders of America...
Rule: If you are going to approach these people and ask them these questions then you should also be prepared to defend yourself and be ready to break their bones and put them in the hospital..or 6 feet under...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
The video has been pulled now from YouTube.

Not to worry, I suspected as much might happen, and took a copy. I will upload it to ATS Media ASAP.

You da man!

I didn't get to see it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It's hard to argue with anything you've said. I just watched a clip of the incident and the apology, and the haste with which the apology was offered tells me that the congressman was counseled to do it and do it right now before it gains traction.

One thing that I considered was whether Breitbart was involved here, as he was with the ACORN videos... but how could he know that the congressman would go ballistic?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

In all seriousness he looks like he's either drunk or stoned on something, with that look on his face and he is kind of slurring his words.

Who are you? Who are you?

This is it, these politicians need to be removed, fast!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Jesus. I think he was drunk.

By his body movements and the way he grabbed the student, I also think he knows how to handle himself. I wouldn't want to be in a brawl with him. Anyway, I think the students should definitely sue and have that man fired.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

I've seen many people on drugs and let me tell you, he looked really lit. The way he was talking and acting is pretty much exactly how druggies are. Seriously, I can not be the only one who noticed how "f-ed" up he looked and sounded.

I said the same thing!!

maybe he was doing something drug wise just recently and wondered if he'd been caught?

It would explain his actions and being violent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join