It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Star and flag! The original video has been take down, but I found another one by putting the congressman's name in the youtube search engine. Ahh, the joys of the internet lol. Know what I love about this Big Brother state and all their cameras? It's that not only can they look at us, but we can look at them....

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

Here we are...

EDIT:

Here are what are said to be the original uploads of this also, from two angles, in HD.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14/6/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Interesting!! Good Work. I need to start vaulting these choice little events as they seem to be popping up with greater frequency nowadays.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apexvin
I think this is disgusting!!

i have been hunting for Bob Etheridges email. found one on facebook, and have sent an email, explaining how disgusted i was. and how disgusted he should feel.

peace

Excellent idea, Apexvin, and thanks for grabbing the video, Harpsounds! Good work.

I can't believe how outraged I became when I saw the footage. My heart rate climbed, and I could feel my face getting red! I'm completely disgusted with that rep. I plan on sending him an email as well!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks HarpSounds! I was disappointed when youtube pulled it down so fast. Gotta protect their buddies! Unflippin' believable!

WHO ARE YOU !!??!!!?

WHO ARE YOU!????!

Did he have a WHO song stuck in his head?

I would call this assault. It certainly would be if I grabbed a cop like that!

Who is HE? HE is gonna be another ex-congressman who can;t find a job mowing lawns come november.

PATHETIC

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeytheHair
I've seen many people on drugs and let me tell you, he looked really lit. The way he was talking and acting is pretty much exactly how druggies are. Seriously, I can not be the only one who noticed how "f-ed" up he looked and sounded.

I am inclined to agree with the above statement. His mood and facial expressions seem so solemn and motionless. Almost like a zombie. Not sure what it might be though, could just be drunk or possibly painkillers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Good Thinking.
Now they can't sensor this creeps actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Not sure what it might be though, could just be drunk or possibly painkillers.

I'm sure both have their part to play, but power is the drug he's tripping on.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

YIKES!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
WOW

This is shocking to say the least, good find, amazing how it's removed from youtube so fast.

The more they try to hide this the more it will find it's way to the masses.

Hope this joke get's charged and sued' for his childish' ways.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hold up now folks, I think you are being a little to hard on the Congressman.

1) As many of us have had happen to us, he simply had the CSI Miami song stuck in his head. I mean really, who doesn't love The Who?

2) Being that The Who rock, he was caught up in the spirit of Classic Rock and wanted to dance with a strapping young lad.

Just be glad they didn't meet him in an Airport Bathroom.

Seriously though, they did the right thing even though they were within their rights to knock that old man out.

They kept calm and polite, which made their case strong. I hope this hits bigger news outlets very soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeytheHair
I've seen many people on drugs and let me tell you, he looked really lit. The way he was talking and acting is pretty much exactly how druggies are. Seriously, I can not be the only one who noticed how "f-ed" up he looked and sounded.

Honestly, I think the majority of congress are either drunk or on drugs, what else can explain what they have been doing, either that or aliens have taken over their minds.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Any time any elected official behaves in this manner, it should be plastered all over the news and msm but particularly the internet.

This needs to truly go viral. The only way to expose these snakes is to crush the rock they hide under and shine a very bright light.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks like the confrontation is getting some MSM exposure: www.foxnews.com...

I haven't seen anything on CNN or MSNBC...yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Update: Apology. Well, of course he apologized. He got caught and is in damage control mode now.

Rep. Bob Etheridge apologized Monday for his physical confrontation with two young men who identified themselves as students and asked if the North Carolina Democrat "fully supports the Obama agenda."

"I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina , I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

An he partially blames partisan politics for his poor judgement. The question originally presented to him seemed civil enough...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibehoAn he partially blames partisan politics for his poor judgement. The question originally presented to him seemed civil enough...

Blaming partisan politics for his poor judgement, huh? Can I use that one next time I get pulled over for speeding? ...Utterly ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Hopefully that jackass is unemployed after the elections! That was a totally uncalled for show of force to try to intimidate someone asking him a simple question.

To be honest, I could not care any less about this getting handled by the election process.

I want to see this CongrASS man arrested. Just like I would be had I acted in this fashion. I want to see him arrested, have to get an attorney, have to wait 6 months to go to trial, and then I want to see him CONVICTED. After that, I'd like to see him fined the max amount by law and a max sentence for jail time and probation. Which is THE SAME THING that would happen to me if I went out and acted like this CongrASS man acted.

He is no better than me, he just has some extra money which he got off the backs of people like me. I am not delusional, so sadly he will not be held accountable for his actions. Just like everyone else who has a little money and gets to make policy that effects everyone else.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I CANT STOP WATCHING THIS AHHAHAHAH

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
God why can't one of these scum bags try that on the wrong person like me for instance. He would have been on his back in about 2 seconds... Sigh.

I wonder what kind of pressure or threats these guys are under from thier overlords he was way to defensive there for the question to set him off. I wonder what he knows that we don't?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Congressman: "Who are you!? Who are you!? Who are you!?"

Me: "Well sir, I am the guy who just kicked your ass for being stupid enough to assault me in broad day light, on video, so I can then prove that slamming you onto the concrete on your head was an act of self defense. Any other questions?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join