It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Hopefully that jackass is unemployed after the elections! That was a totally uncalled for show of force to try to intimidate someone asking him a simple question.

He should have spent the night in jail. These idiots in Washington need to learn that they are not royalty and we are not their subjects.

I think the self important elected officials need to read the definition of what a public servant is.

Absolutely, there is VIDEO PROOF, of "assault & battery", as well as "unlawful detention". Bobbie- YOU are a PUBLIC SERVANT, NOT a Slave-Master!!! (Oh, I miss the "good-old-days", when a mis-behaving public servant, WOULD BE PUBLICALLY WHIPPED, NOT spun by the media!)

Jail, Lawsuit, and IMPEACHMENT!! THIS, is what should await Etheridge!
When I was a college-age co-ed, I was in VERY good physical shape- and TRAINED in self-defense. If some old-man had grabbed ME like that- I'd have laid-him-OUT, before giving it a thought! He MIGHT have lived, depending on how my blow landed! Of course, almost 3 decades ago, this was a VERY different country.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Doesn't add up at all. These guys were RNC interns, doing follow and tracking work. Sent out to follow representitives and report back. It happens all the time. That is what the congressman suspected and why he reacted as stupidly as he did.

So what? Who they work for, their politics and their agenda are all irrelevant. None of that excuses Mr. Etheridge's behavior. A person's politics or their employer does not strip them of their right to address elected officials.

Again...the congressman efed up and deserves the negative spotlight, but as far as motive, there is more hear than meets the eye.

Your condemnation of Mr. Etheridge reads like lip service. A dislike of someone else's politics does not justify violence, which is what every single one of Mr. Etheridge's defenders are trying to do. They are trying to deflect from Mr. Etheridge's behavior, blaming the kids, trying to tell us their treatment was justified because they're "the enemy", condoning violence.

Again, so what?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh come on people!!! It wasn't even that violent. I would compare that to a mother or father handling their son after "misbehaving".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He'd have pulled bach a bloddy stump after grabbing me like that.

Bring charges against this choad. What a joke he is.

Disorderly Conduct (possibly drunken)
Assault
etc, etc, etc...

I love how the media has been spinning this:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Looks as if he's had a ahole mindset for quite some time:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpena
Oh come on people!!! It wasn't even that violent. I would compare that to a mother or father handling their son after "misbehaving".

It does not matter. This is not a parent trying to restrain a child for misbehaving. This is a Congressman forcefully grabbing and restraining another (presumably) adult, citizen whom the Congressman serves for the simple act of asking a question.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
cnettv.cnet.com...

his "I'm Sorry" video...

:'-( makes me sad

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Again...the congressman efed up and deserves the negative spotlight, but as far as motive, there is more here than meets the eye.

Your condemnation of Mr. Etheridge reads like lip service. A dislike of someone else's politics does not justify violence, which is what every single one of Mr. Etheridge's defenders are trying to do. They are trying to deflect from Mr. Etheridge's behavior, blaming the kids, trying to tell us their treatment was justified because they're "the enemy", condoning violence.

Again, so what?

As far as whether you think what I state is 'lip service" or not I couldn't give a rats ass.

I say what I mean.

Motive is relevant for understanding what happened here as many have asked why charges have not been filed.

I answered that question. It also answers the question as to why these "students' have not gone public, have not spoken to any media, did not identify themselves or thier group to the congressman, blurred their faces before posting the video etc. etc.

They were not "students", they were RNC interns tasked with following and provoking Democratic Congressman.

NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY...he took the bait and deserves the negative spotlight and criticism. He never should have stopped or laid hands on these guys. It was dumb and it was illegal.

NOW CONTINUE TO LISTEN CAREFULLY...There will NEVER be charges resulting from this because the Republican National Commitee does not want the public to know who these actual "students" were and that this was a political ambush/hack job and these were RNC interns, not students.

Those are the two simultaneous truths....are you capable of holding unbiased truths in your mind...or are you just blinded by partisanship? One of those folks that might star an Obama the Anti-Christ thread even though you don't believe it? Does the truth come second to your world view?

Have at it...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I love how the media has been spinning this:

Being an unabashedly partisan network, this is expected from MSNBC but it shouldn't be expected. The agenda and politics, their status as journalists or students or activists is all irrelevant. No one should be condoning this type of behavior from this or any congressman, Republican or Democrat. When MSNBC or any other media outlet or any member here on ATS attempts to make this about the students/activists politics or agenda, they are doing exactly that. They are justifying and excuses violence towards journalists and activists simply because they do not like said journalists and activists politics.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This video was removed by user.. anyone else have a copy?

I'd really love to see what all the fuss is about.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY...he took the bait and deserves the negative spotlight and criticism. He never should have stopped or laid hands on these guys. It was dumb and it was illegal.

I am glad you think so. If I was wrong about you, I apologize. Though why charges have not been pressed and who the students may have been working for are irrelevant and serve only to distract from Etheridge's misdeed.

or are you just blinded by partisanship?

I could be, if not liking either Republicans or Democrats makes me partisan.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This video was removed by user.. anyone else have a copy?

I'd really love to see what all the fuss is about.

WRAL

[edit on 15-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Within hours of the 9/11 attacks the government of the United States clearly stated that "if you are not with us, you are against us" and if you are against us, you are a terrorist.

This students questioning of government policy puts him in the terrorist classification and he should be happy if he is not sent off to camp for a little water boarding and torture as he may know something. This student was not cooperating with a government official and withholding information that was demanded by a government official. This student should be locked up or executed as a terrorist. [sarcasm]

Now on a more serious note, did Etheridge appear to be under the influence (drink/drugs)? Imo I would say he was intoxicated or has a form of mental disease.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Hopefully that jackass is unemployed after the elections! That was a totally uncalled for show of force to try to intimidate someone asking him a simple question.

He should have spent the night in jail. These idiots in Washington need to learn that they are not royalty and we are not their subjects.

I think the self important elected officials need to read the definition of what a public servant is.

As soon as we see George W. Bush and Dick Cheney tried for war crimes (since Bush has now openly admitted to waterboarding), then we can say our leaders aren't royalty.

But no, punish the congressmen that get into scuffles and let the big ones get off scott-free again and again and again.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've watched the video, and am I the only one as seeing the "hug" has creepy? It was some sort of strange predatory/dominating move - along the lines of sexual dominance. VERY STRANGE.

I could totally see this sick-o doing this to children behind closed doors, if you know what I mean.

This congressman appears to me as some strange "Pulp Fiction" style sick-o who's line would next be "break out the gimp".

C-R-E-E-P-Y

[edit on 15-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I didnt get to see the vid but its sad nowadays how poloticians never answer questions. But I hope the dude got beat up

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Can you show us exactly where in the video has has the camera "shoved up his nose"?

Play the video, STOP at the 14 second mark and you will see the nose hair.

You have to be pretty close to get a full nose shot.

Oh, so because he had a bad day he was justified in attacking the kids?

Of course not, nothing would justify the "attack" as you call it, but judging by the way Etheridge was walking it's fairly obvious he was in a grumpy mood. The kid should have had enough common sense to RESPECT that and know to stay away.
Back at you - What makes him think he was justified in sticking the phone in the Congressman's face?

Could you please tell us where exactly in the video the kid was rude and disrespectful? What makes him a punk, as you and your disgusting, sickening ilk keep calling him?

Is it because they actually did something disrespectful and rude, you do you just not like their politics?

Don't like their politics?
HAH! Now that's funny as hell, nothing can be further from the truth.

The irony here, in case you don't know where I stand politically, is that I find myself defending a Democrat Congressman over a kid that looks like he might be a member of the Young Republicans.

If you want to know what was so disrespectul, read my previous two points.

I realize I may be in the minority here and that's fine, but I feel there are way too many incidents that are allowed to go unanswered simply because questioning such actions might hurt someone's feelings.
This is a perfect case because I'm sick of you and your PC-police ilk crying foul everytime someone gets what they deserve.

I think this image should say it all.

... but of course, you probably equate discipline with abuse.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Can you show us exactly where in the video has has the camera "shoved up his nose"?

Play the video, STOP at the 14 second mark and you will see the nose hair.

You have to be pretty close to get a full nose shot.

The camera stays in the same place. Congressman whatshis name shoves his face in the camera. Please watch it again.

[edit on 6/15/10 by evil incarnate]

[edit on 6/15/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Man you guys get bent out of shape over the littlest thing. Here's a Canadian PM(Head of state):

They were being generous saying that the PM had him by the back of the neck. I saw the footage. He was damn near throttling the guy. AND he got reelected.

Relax guys.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Right,er...first off i think this is only my second or third post so a big hello to everyone.Second...this video scares the hell out of me,and i live in england!!! Anything that your government is up to involves ours too being that we are your 'lap dog' and as many have pointed out this guy thinks himself above any laws written for the little people.Christ,you cant even get that close to any representitive of this little island.I dont care if he was high on crack or just in a bad mood there was no justification for what i saw and that is what gets me.It seems he didn't like the Obama Agenda question and got right on the defensive.What is this Agenda?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I read through most of the thread and i saw alot of people saying that the student did the right thing by not resorting to violence and that they know its wrong but they wouldve hit the congressman...

I say violence in this situation is EXACTLY what is necessary. If this happened to me, the congressman would be lucky to remain concious.

These people in office think they are above the law because they are, because we allow them to be.

If everyone who was knocked down, grabbed or shoved by an elected official put a little hurting in on the people responsible (in a reasonable way) these events would disappear.

The congressman would have had his dishes rattled...I would be initially arrested until the evidence revealed itself. Then I would persue legal action against him.

As much as i hate to admit...Eric Holder was right when he said we are a nation of cowards...We have litigated ourselves into a hole of tyranny!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by BingeBob]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join