It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Attacks Student (video must see)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One of our elected officials in action. This is unacceptable. Surely a man with his tenure should be able to politely answer or deflect a simple question without assaulting the person asking the question. Tensions seem a little tight in DC these days...

Last week, Democrat Congressman Bod Etheridge (D-NC2) attended a fundraiser headlined by Speaker Nancy Pelosi. He was asked by some students on the street whether he supported the “Obama Agenda.” He didn’t take it well.

Expect more of this. A hard, progressive left captured the Democrat majority in Congress and forced them to enact a fantasy grab-bag of legislation that is increasingly unpopular with the American public. We’re on the cusp of a deeper recession, millions of unemployed Americans have no prospect for work, taxes are about to spike higher and we’ve maxed out the national credit card. The Democrats were given a chance to run government and they’ve only succeeded in running it into the ground.

So, yeah, Democrats who are up for reelection this November are a bit testy.

Fortunately, Rep. Etheridge isn’t one of those gerry-mandered political welfare queens. According to the Cook Report, his district is an R+2 district. He has a credible opponent. Check her out here.

Let’s recap what we saw on this video. A sitting Congressman–a presumed living extension of James Madison and other founding fathers–was asked on a public street whether he supported the President’s agenda. His response was to hit away a video camera and assault a student. The age of Pericles this ain’t.

It is going to be a long, hot summer. But, you’ve been given a target. Act accordingly.'

biggovernment.com...-132046

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
That's a lawsuit right there. I guess this project doesn't need any additional funding.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hopefully that jackass is unemployed after the elections! That was a totally uncalled for show of force to try to intimidate someone asking him a simple question.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Please tell me he will be punished appropriately for this?

Just shows these politicians all believe they are above the American people, and don't have to answer to us. This clown needs to be removed from office if that is how he thinks he can treat the American citizens.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Hopefully that jackass is unemployed after the elections! That was a totally uncalled for show of force to try to intimidate someone asking him a simple question.

He should have spent the night in jail. These idiots in Washington need to learn that they are not royalty and we are not their subjects.

I think the self important elected officials need to read the definition of what a public servant is.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He was either drinking or this guy is on a power trip.
That death grip was creepy, glad for the student that it didn't work.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"Who are you? I have a right to know who you are..."

No, he doesn't actually. He can request the guy's name from courtesy but there is no law that saws he has to give his name in order to ask a question. What a strange, strange person! He obviously slipped through the system - probably never had a live debate in his life, or everyone would know he's a bit f***ed in the head.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sickening.

Second line

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"Who are you?"

He's your boss you pompous ass!

It's time we clean out that DC cesspool. That video hopefully hits the airwaves in NC constantly prior to the election.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why do we hate politicians so much?

Because they first hated us....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I can hear it now:

"He was just trying to give the boy a hug, as you can see in this video, he embraces the young man, merely wanting to know his name" - Nancy Pelosi

In other news --- Rush Limbaugh's brain explodes from all the negative attention this will bring to the DNC

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Had the Congressman not been identified, I would have assumed he was with the police.
Even though a lawsuit and a some time in jail are needed, I'd rather see the type of justice I'm sure the Congressman trusts in.
He needs his butt whopped in the middle of the street.
Entitled bully.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've seen many people on drugs and let me tell you, he looked really lit. The way he was talking and acting is pretty much exactly how druggies are. Seriously, I can not be the only one who noticed how "f-ed" up he looked and sounded.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i dont know what to say. i wish i had been walking by when that happened

we should raid their townhall and publicly crucify this guy.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I wonder if he will resign, or be fired?

It's clearly unacceptable, the question was a little loaded, but so what, he was free to just walk on by and ignore them, but he decided to do something which is likely a crime instead.

I wonder if HuffPo, RawStory, left blog/media will cover this?

Here's something for the conspiracy minded:

He is active in Freemasonry and is currently the Grand Orator for North Carolina Freemasonry.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 14/6/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Congressman has obviously been briefed on our coming full-on police state.

He was practically telling the man to SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS...

Get ready folks!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
When someone has your arm like that and you really want them to let go, pull them towards you while propelling the top of your head into their face.

It's not pretty, but it is effective....

That said, the kid would definitely be in jail right now if he did that, and probably be hassled by government thugs for the rest of his life, whether or not he wasn't the one doing wrong.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think this is disgusting!!

i have been hunting for Bob Etheridges email. found one on facebook, and have sent an email, explaining how disgusted i was. and how disgusted he should feel.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Unbelievable!

What he really means is: "You piece of trash pesant... Never question me! I am your GOD." and/or "I am scared as hell you will expose me as a self-intrest nut and get me fired."

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The video has been pulled now from YouTube.

Not to worry, I suspected as much might happen, and took a copy. I will upload it to ATS Media ASAP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join