It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrailers are People, Too.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Same thing happened on 9/11....no contrails were spotted as there were no planes. Another thing, because there were no contrails to reflect ehat during the day, and trap it in tduring the night (good old albedo of ice crystal clouds, lol), the diurnal temperature variances increased!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

... (good old albedo of ice crystal clouds, lol), the diurnal temperature variances increased!!!

I don't know what that means...can you enlarge on that please?
(genuine)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

... (good old albedo of ice crystal clouds, lol), the diurnal temperature variances increased!!!

I don't know what that means...can you enlarge on that please?
(genuine)

Sorry, albedo is the reflection of sunlight and heat on a body. Clouds such as cirrus have a high albedo as they consist mainly of ice

The diurnal temperature varaition refers to the temperature difference between the maximum and minimum thermometers. If you ever notice your local weather, generally clear nights produce colder minimums than cloudy nights do. The outgoing heat from the day is reflected back to surface by clouds if they are present, meaning the surface stays warm. When there isnt any cloud it heads back into the atmosphere as its supposed to do

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank you Oz... I've just been outside and now several 'trails'
have shown up... are they monitoring ATS?
It's all very alarming...I'm on the fence now.

No really, I'm sat on a fence, right now!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

To your first question, Peggy LaMone, Senior Scientist at National Center ofr Atmospheric Research. Google "How much does a cloud weigh Peggy LaMone"; her figure is used quite a lot. I used the question "How much does a cloud weigh?" in Google, then from that list the answer and looked for the most basic answer I could find. Apparently, a lot of other people did the same.

As you don't know clouds are made of water, perhaps you should research for yourself. I used the simplest explanation for each question that came up in my line of reasoning.

I was speaking of condensing all visible contrails into one small space. Yes, contrails make clouds, but they make cirrus clouds. The water in a cirrus..........it is in ice crystals at that altitude.....moved to a smaller area will, of course, be more condensed, as a cumulus cloud is more condensed than a cirrus cloud.
How can you question anything about the video? Did you not catch all the infomration is easily found all over the web if you research? How much more basic research is needed?
Not flaming, but claiming clouds are not water shows you don't understand the concept at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

To your first question, Peggy LaMone, Senior Scientist at National Center ofr Atmospheric Research. Google "How much does a cloud weigh Peggy LaMone"; her figure is used quite a lot. I used the question "How much does a cloud weigh?" in Google, then from that list the answer and looked for the most basic answer I could find. Apparently, a lot of other people did the same.

As you don't know clouds are made of water, perhaps you should research for yourself. I used the simplest explanation for each question that came up in my line of reasoning.

I was speaking of condensing all visible contrails into one small space. Yes, contrails make clouds, but they make cirrus clouds. The water in a cirrus..........it is in ice crystals at that altitude.....moved to a smaller area will, of course, be more condensed, as a cumulus cloud is more condensed than a cirrus cloud.
How can you question anything about the video? Did you not catch all the infomration is easily found all over the web if you research? How much more basic research is needed?
Not flaming, but claiming clouds are not water shows you don't understand the concept at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Lol, be careful on that fence...dont get your undergarments caught

They have been around long before ATS was even even thought of. And even before the site owners were born

Here's some footage of contrails streaming from B2 bombers in WW2 over Germany. It was often a problem for later bomber runs, as the contrails often formed a layer of cloud, which made it difficult for them to hit their targets

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Dude, I misformulated that, I meant that clouds can't form out of 7 planes full of water, but out of water vapor.

The example of the 7 planes dumping water doesn't apply to forming clouds.

Like I said, the pic you base your vid on is of a normal sky with normal clouds, I don't see how anyone would claim they were the result of chemtrails.

I don't know why you posted it here, cause it doesn't apply to any claims made here.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I think you also misformulated this, if that was your impression gleaned from the video:

I meant that clouds can't form out of 7 planes full of water, but out of water vapor.

Video never meant to imply that clouds would form out of 7 planes full of water...

Video plainly showed an example of WHAT I have been trying to say, in words...by writing it out, and inviting people to logically reason it out.

It is the mass of condensed water vapor (water vapor, in its gaseous state, is invisible in the light spectra our eyes see...only when some of it has condensed, into liquid -- first state-- then in cold temps, freezes into ice crystals, does it then become visible).

The video showed how a very, very average-sized cloud contains a great deal of mass. The equivalent mass, in order to match that produced by Nature, would have required (in that example) the carrying capacity of 7 airplanes.

Capisce??

Multiply what is observed (naturally-forming cirrus, and contrails produced as a consequence of airplane activity) and the SCOPE and SCALE over the entire sky...and you can then get a sense of the SIZE, and amount of MASS that would have to be allegedly carried, via airplane, in order to make the idea of "chemtrails", as claimed, possible.

The realities of aviation, and payload ability, are insufficient to account for hte sheer scale of that seen, which is augmented by natural forces.

The physics, and the mathematics, do not lie.

[edit on 16 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow! this is all very confusing.
I thought that the amount of water on the earth
has always been the same.
Whether it's frozen ice caps or water sucked from the soil,
even sea water... it just goes round and around.

If we're putting MORE & More water into the skies...
where are we getting it from.

Round and around, round and...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think you're getting too restrictive, in your comparisons...

I thought that the amount of water on the earth
has always been the same.

Not exactly....for instance (even if it is a miniscule difference, compared to the total overall) think about the reduction of H2O into its component elements...like, for rocket fuel.

Liquid Oxygen, liquid Hydrogen....example. WHEN those two elements re-combine, of course...the water is the result...but, the energy released IS the point, in the case of rockets....

You can look into the energies inherent in nature, too...the Sun's thermal heating influence, and hw hte atmosphere reacts....latent heat of energy, molecular bonds (yes, even sunlight can affect those, it's part of Nature's "machine").

Why do you think hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes pack so much whallop?? LOTS of potential energy exists, within the very atmosphere...

Whilst you're researcing, look also into the concept of the "water cycle", and how it relates to the earth's biosphere....I think you can Google it, and learn a lot!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Weedwhacker has provided the best reply.

The video was in response to YouTubers who insisted every cloud was man-made, and 100% from planes. That is impossible.
You need to extrapolate the information to "chemtrails", but the numbers and physics would be the same.
Now extend you thinking even farther to all the "chemtrails" claimed to be in any sky, anywhere......the logistics would have to include tens of thousands of planes, with all the people who get planes safely into the air, using 100's of million of gallons of fuel.
It seems to many of the "chemtrailers" I've met onlline that they can only "see" what is over their own head, and cannot or will not expand their thinking to include all planes making contrails everywhere.

My father was an industrial engineer, so I learned to think the process through to the end, and try to recognize all possible variations within that process. Logisitics matter. No airspace is isolated, so all parts of one process must be considered for the entire space involved.....and the atmosphere is very large.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Researching!! what...? with my nails!
I come here to read the pros and cons and
then make my mind up, by which best-dressed

Tut, tut Weedwacker... I'm one of the lazy people.

Yet, this image was taken recently, I don't know
if shows enough, but it certainly made me pause.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/247d7eb69316.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The additional water vapour we're putting into the skies comes from burning oil. Also, the amount of water vapour the atmosphere can hold can vary according to temperature. A warmer atmosphere can hold more water vapour.

However, compared with the amount of water in the oceans the atmosphere is pretty dry!

The other thing aircraft exhaust does is provide condensation nucleii around which water vapour can form into ice crystals. There's no more water, but it becomes visible.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I see... this all very interesting and I never realised that
by any small action, many things are changed.
It'll certainly make me think twice, next time I'm fly-tipping
or splitting open old Mrs. Kowalski's garbage bags for fun.
(for those in the third row, I'm kidding)

It's just I can't see the world Governments organising such a
large plan to alter the weather... not all over the world.
I suppose the other question is... is it working?
(Third row -no kidding there)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"BIAD"...I applaud your sense of humor ('humour' in the "other than American English spelling paradigm")...

An interesting, (and I suppose) endemic addition to the commonly understood (by Americans) idiom is...."You crack me up."

Now...I can see how those words could be....ermmm..interpreted many, many different ways, when taken out of context....

...hence, the pitfalls, (sometimes) of language...no matter what language you wish to describe.

In the end (
) it's all good, though....am I right???

[edit on 16 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I suppose the other question is... is it working?

It's definitely working: just look at all the thread on ATS about it, let alone across the the rest of the internet. All the time we spend talking about it.

They've totally tied us up whilst they go off and do whatever it is they really want to do!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It is in good fun and I assure you, I never will mock anyone here.
However, I may be tempted to 'muss around' but I will make sure
that the 'victim' knows before hand.

That said and just to keep Mr. Whacker's weed up, I took this from
the street a couple of minutes ago.
Makes you think, nuh?

Great thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34686354ad6e.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Just to make clear, I'm not saying they are spraying chemicals to kill the population or something.

I can see with my own eyes that some weather modification program might be going on.

It often looks like they are seeding clouds, not even clouds, more of a haze covering a big part of the sky.

You can see them leaving trails in grids and a few hours later it's all hazed up for the rest of the day.

It's not normal. It become even more apperent with the flight ban in Europe due to the Iceland volcano.

Blue skies we hadn't seen for a long time. It's not just a coincedence.

A lot of people were talking about it here.

Normally on days with clear weather, planes are creating a haze that would not form without them, at least from what I'm seeing here.

I second that!!!

I am not a real chemtrail believer. But i always believe in the possibility it could exist.

Then again, maybe...maybe not...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I too can see that it may seem like something is going
on up there, after all, there's lots of tracks and crosses
and the such.
But I do find it difficult to believe a world-wide or even
a countrywide (US mainly) conspiracy is being played
out in our blue yonder.

I do respect fellow ATSers views.

new topics

top topics