It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic Activity - Global

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Before I start I must say that I am NOT a Vulcanologist or do I have any real understanding of this topic however I did find the following very interesting..........

Do you know, as we read this that there are 36 active volcanoes currently around the planet.............
That seems like alot to me currently spewing out ash, lava and all the rest of it...... And this list does not even include the 'NEW' OIL Volcano in the Gulf of Mexico !!!

Here's the list.................. makes you feel small and helpless really...

Chaiten volcano chile
Planchon Peteroa volcano
Reventador volcano equador
Tungurahua Volcano equador
Sangay volcano
Poas volcano costa rica
Arenal volcano
Concepcion volcano Nicaragua
Pacaya volcano Guatemala
Fuego volcano
Santa Maria volcano
Popocatepetl volcano mexico
Eyjafjallajökull volcano Iceland
Askja Volcano
Stromboli volcano italy
Mt. Etna volcano
Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano Kenya
Nyamuragira volcano DR Congo
Barren Is. Volcano Asia
Semeru volcano Malaysia
Batu Tara volcano Indonesia
Ibu volcano
Dukono volcano
Taal Volcano, Luzon Phillipines
Ulawun volcano Papua New Guniea
Rabaul volcano
Bagana volcano
Gaua volcano Banks Islands
Kilauea volcano Hawaii
Suwanose-Jima volcano Ryukyu Islands
Sakura-Jima volcano Japan
Kirishima volcano
Sarychev Volcano Russia
Karymsky volcano
Bezymianny Volcano
Sheveluch volcano

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Have you ever read what Edgar Cayce had to say about volcanic activity? It would scare the bejesus out of you! He basically said that volcanic activity can indicate the earth's crust is ready to slip, he tells about volcanos in Iceland being a strong indicator, expecially if they are under a glacier, of earth crust displacement.

As to those things that deal with the mantle of the earth, these shall call upon the mountains to cover many. As ye have seen those in lowly places raised to those of power in the political, in the machinery of nations' activities, so shall ye see those in high places reduced and calling on the waters of darkness to cover them. And those that in the inmost recesses of theirselves awaken to the spiritual truths that are to be given, and those places that have acted in the capacity of teachers among men, the rottenness of those that have ministered in places will be brought to light, and turmoils and strifes shall enter. And, as there is the wavering of those that would enter as emissaries, as teachers, from the throne of life, the throne of light, the throne of immortality, and wage war in the air with those of darkness, then know ye the Armageddon is at hand.

He said that when the icelandic volcanoes act up then it disrupts the crust, and will cause a pole shift to increase, one that started up in 1998. The pole shift did actually begin in 1998.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I am no Volcanologist either... but as far as i am aware there is nothing odd about the number of current active volcano’s... in fact, they are far from the weapons of mass destruction that we depict them as, if it wasn’t for volcano’s there would be no life on earth!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I think it's mainly due to how different the Media, Social Networking is today. If it wasn't in the Papers, Radio or TV you didn't get to hear about it, now we have the internet so we don't miss a thing.

None the less though I think we all know something is changing, and changing fast. If Earth/Humanity comes to an end I hope it's a quick one, I hate slow deaths

[edit on 14-6-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Purple Dog UK

No it's quite normal to have so many volcanoes going off in the world only last year i looked here hisz.rsoe.hu... and there were about 60 i too thought that strange.

The only thing i do not like is when the very dormant volcanoes wake up special if they have a very destructive past i am no expert but been reading lots of this type of thread and the vibe i get from the more knowledgeable is its normal.

Just my opinion.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I did a topic on this very subject and the conclusion of my topic was that even though this year looks to be quite active it is not (yet) out of the ordinary...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

however all those sinkholes poppin up allover the world and pretty much everything going on ATM altogether paint a pretty grim picture IMO...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
what causes the heat and pressure to build up causing an eruption on earth.
one of the moons of jupiter has the most volcanos in the solar system, its volcanos are very active because of th gravity squashing and stretching the moon creating mass amounts of friction.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

So has anybody started a thread concerning the sink hole activity around the world then? I'm curious about it because other than your comment above and another comment I read in another thread I haven't heard anything about this sink hole problem. Are they opening all over the world then? Where would one find info on this?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Here is one thread for you.
www.abovetopsecret.com... intresting this sink hole thingy.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thanks buddy! I will have a gander at the whole sink hole thingy lol...

Oh and thank you PurpleDog for the heads up on the volcano issue! I hadn't put much thought into it before but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on eh!? S&F.

Edit for content.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Redwookieaz]

new topics

top topics

join