It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating “Lifestyle Behavior Modification”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It does not create any right or benefit...but it is an executive order, you do know what that means right?

Add this to the other draconian laws being passed by the administration and the picture it paints is one of dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I read the EO and I don't see ANYTHING scary or intrusive.Can someone tell me specifically what they're freaked out about in this EO? There is NO "mandate".
That's one of people's favorite word when talking about Obama. It's a fantasy, though.

Executive Order

Is it the existence of a council? Or is the the unfounded fear of what this means for the future? Or the word in the title "MANDATE"!!! ?

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

Actually it is the contrary... Every time the likes of you are shown the BS that is being shoved down our throats you suddenly become blind, and claim "there is nothing wrong here"...

You claim there is nothing intrusive in this?...

(b) develop, after obtaining input from relevant stakeholders, a national prevention, health promotion, public health, and integrative health-care strategy that incorporates the most effective and achievable means of improving the health status of Americans and reducing the incidence of preventable illness and disability in the United States, as further described in section 5 of this order;

www.whitehouse.gov...

I wonder who the "relevant stakeholders are"...

Yet you want to claim there is nothing intrusive in this?....

You also wanted to claim that the Obama administration didn't want to force people to do community service, and even after being shown exactly what the law which was signed by Obama says you once again, and like always become blind, not to mention naive....

It should be the CHOICE, you should get acquainted with that word and what it means, of Americans to follow a lifestyle that we want... and not the choice of some people who think they know better what others have to do...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome to the Obamanation 2010, it just gets worse the more we allow this guy to take away our rights.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Not sure if the mention of 'scientific method' was meant as a jab, nonetheless it is sad, isn't it? "Hey, I can correctly answer a multiple choice question that I don't actually comprehend a word of! I be smart!"

I find the outrage about this ridiculous for a lot of reasons, mostly:

Laws do NOTHING to dictate behavior.
Meth = Illegal, yet the people that want it, still get it.
Murder = Illegal (unless state-sponsored), yet murders still take place.

I feel it's disgusting for people to feel entitled to unhealthy behavior that affects those around them, and ridiculous to say that you have a constitutional right to them.

You have the constitutional right to persue happiness as dictated by 'we the people'?
what about the people that want to smoke marijuana in their own homes and eat pizza. (marijuana they grow themselves so they don't have to deal with criminals or risk it being laced with a stronger drug, or actual poison)?
what about the people that want to legally marry their same-sex partner?

Why not focus that anger on fixing laws that actually ruin peoples lives, instead of ones that may encourage them to live healthier ones? Although I am happy to see more and more states starting to wake up about decriminalization of marijuana. Other hand: it makes me pissed that your government threatened Canada until we RE-criminalized it after a successful period of decriminalization a few years ago.

Not trying to derail, but really aren't there MORE intrusive laws you could be riled up about... i mean, this one boils down to 'i can't haz cheezburger'

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
[edit on 18-6-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyDunlop

I just puked a little when i read the BS you wrote in your post... but it had to come from a Canadian... and then Canadians and Europeans claim "Americans are dumbed down" when you people claim "Communism is a good thing, and this is a good thing"......
The really dumbed down people are those who claim people should be told what to do instead of it being an INDIVIDUAL choice... The really dumbed down people are those claiming that a system, Communism, which has time and again produced nothing more than dictatorships all over the world and caused much death and suffering "is a good thing"... Those are the really dumbed down people...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join