It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Statistics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you have Food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep; you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change, you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation, you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you can read this message, you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all.
source

Its easy to forget how great we have it compared to so many others, sure things aren't perfect, and their is definite room for improvement, but its still good to stop and think about just how blessed we truly are.

Stop for a moment, take a deep breathe, and appreciate what you have
, chances are you're in the top 25%-4% of the worlds luckiest people.

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Great OP...

And still people think this is fine... everything going on is quite normal... well if you take into account these facts then you'd get alot grimmer outlook opposed to what you'd see sitting on your couch with you laptop eating chips and sipping DR Pepper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am not wealthy in monetary terms but have a home, a family,and regular food but i often feel guilty for living relatively comfortably when so many people are struggling to survive ,i tell myself its just the luck of the draw to be an Australian instead of a Somalian.Is it really just luck ?I am soon going to the Phillipines again where there is a lot of poverty and i just feel like a complete bastard for having some money when they have nothing and if i give some kids a few dollars i feel even worse because it make me feel like i must be better than them which i am not.I would rather not go at all even though they seem happy in spite of their struggles.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Great post OP kinda helps to put things in perspective when you are feeling down about something stupid and completely trivial when at the same time millions of people are struggling to stay alive.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by enteri

That avatar is freaky, it's giving me flashbacks.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Great post OP, really puts things in perspective

S&F for you

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Indeed.

I always try to stop and think about how lucky I really am at least once a week.

S&F for making me think about it twice this week.

new topics

top topics

join