It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative Project: ZOMBIES!!!! (working thread)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah,

I also wonder about the speed of infection.
I.e. If bitten, how long till you turn into a zombi?
And how long if your dead.

In the parts ive written so far, one of the charecters died from blood-loss due to a bite on the neck, and took about 10 minuts to come back.

Another didnt die from the bite and was 'zombifyed' after about 15-30 mins...

I suppose we can just alter it for each writers needs to add drama and effect to the story though.

Anyway, Ive thought of a way to get my charecter to the US.

Ha ha... Should be fun..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Alrighty, I've posted the first bit of my part of the tale in the story thread.

For a brief explanation of the characters, here goes.

Gabriel Nail
Hometown: Pensacola, FL
Occupation: Wild West gunfight re-enactor, trick shot with revolvers
Former US Army veteran, honorably discharged in 1998.
Gabe is a rational, rough-around-the-edges man. Never married due to his traveling lifestyle. He became proficient at the use of the Smith and Wesson Model 29 (AKA Dirty Harry gun), so much so that he has two of them holstered on his chest in a style similar to what Wes Hardin used.
His only concern currently is keeping himself and his niece, Leslie Ridge, alive... or, something like that. You see, Leslie..

Leslie Ridge
Hometown: Tampa, FL
Leslie is Gabe's niece. She is also a sentient zombie. Through an amalgamation of an oxygen tank, antibiotics, vitamans, and patchwork surgery, Leslie is still very much alive, albiet dead. She still has the hunger, and if she doesn't eat every few days she becomes violent and violently ill, and only flesh will satsify her needs. Both Gabe and her know she is an abomination, but they are trying to stay alive and keep her hidden until a possible cure can be developed.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To the speed question: I'm going with both, as well. Easier to have a mixture and seems logical.

To the rate of infection question: haven't got there yet, but I'm thinking it will not be instantaneous, but progressive over short period of time (under 1 hour)

The stories have been great to read - every character is interesting.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Character introductions, a little late...

1. Mia Monroe: 33 year old, Finance Exec., Pfizer; a research-based pharmaceutical company, headquartered in NY. Mia mysteriously receives an anonymous email containing a file with information regarding an unknown company financial account, funded with diverse contributions (govt. funds, private funds). The file also contains documentation regarding an ongoing, undisclosed viral research program. Mia has arranged a meeting with a trusted friend; a molecular and cellular biologist on staff at an (unnamed) biomedical research facility in Seattle, WA. Mia hopes this meeting will shed some light on the information she was sent and will help her to decide what to do with it.

Note: Mia's information may or may not pertain to the outbreak, specifically.
She is unaware of the outbreak until her arrival in Seattle where she is attacked.

2. Hank Campbell, "Cap": 65 year old, retired Tugboat Captain, Coast Guard Reserve. Cap and his wife Emma live in Seattle. They are on their boat heading to the San Juan Islands for a fishing trip and by luck (or) fate, are near the bridge that Mia jumps off of, to escape her zombie attackers. Cap and Emma rescue Mia from the river and the 3 of them make their way to the coast/ocean. Cap's intent is to head south to wait out the outbreak, far from any populated areas, but there is a stop he needs to make on the way...

3. Emma Campbell: 62 year old, retired English teacher and "unofficial" Pacific NW coastal historian. Emma's family has a long history of maritime involvement including Lighthouse Keepers, Historians, Longshoremen and Commercial Fishermen. Emma and Cap have been married for 45 years and have 2 children (a son in OR, a daughter in RI) whom they have not recently spoken to and are not aware of their current status with regards to the outbreak.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just got my second post up, on the brink of seeing a little action finally

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey everyone... Just another question.

Can animals get infected?

Or should we keep it strictly Human zombies?

And do the zombies try eating animals?

Thanks for your time.

eee.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I've always found it a bit bizarre having animals become zombies, but this is your story as much as mine - so if you think it will be a good piece, by all means, put it in and we'll establish that animals can become infected too.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Well in the Resident evil series they could but according the George Romeo crowd [Godfather] of zombieism no. Personal choice. I guess.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was thinking that it would depend on what ultimately caused the zombism in the first place. If it was a virus or some type of "weapon" that was released accidentally or otherwise, then was it meant to infect cross-species, if no then did it mutate, etc? questions to think about as the story moves along, I suppose...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I was thinking more about Animal infection, but think I wont bother.
As it leads to more questions.

Would a mosquito bite a zombie, then when it bit a human would they get infected.. Etc.

So Ill leave the killer Zombie Cows/sheep/Horses/pidgeons out... Lol.

But maybe, the zombies could feed off animals like I just mentiond, to sustain theirselfs when there are no humans around... Buuuttt, the Animals are immune to Zombie infection... I think that may be more workable...

But Im not gonna include any Zombie giraffes or whatever.
Other wise my story will turn into that movie, Black Sheep. Baaa.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Zombie saga is still ongoing... Yes/No?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

ah ha, yeah, ive just been a 'bit' pre-occupied due to a new tempoary job.. Which gives me money... Money to go too town on random nights out more often... I shall write something soon though!!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
well i would like to do some writing on this, i am in the mountains after a long hard trip, i have discovered that some, the ones bitten, can change in matter a of to a matter of days, and the only way to kill them and you relay do kill them is by taking there heads off, and then the head it self can stay alive as long as it has food, mice bugs even dirt. The blood it self contains a DNA strain that is after a time self regenerating. so i am up here trying to stay a live, and at the same time looking for the cause as to why...
what do you think do i fit in?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi.

I'm back in action!

Things got really busy there where I moved from. Here where I moved to is slowing down some so I can get back into the swing of feasting zombies!

Allow me please a few days to post new stuff? Sorry about falling off the bus and not saying so as to why, and upon when I will be riding again.

Look up the McCullough Bridge, it's just within view of my window.

bridgehunter.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was wondering if I could join this collaborative story still? I'd like to help write this.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You should... it's a fun story to write.

Speaking of which, I should get back on it, myself.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Okay, thanks! I wasn't sure if you guys were letting new writers join.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Okay here's a little info on my main character.

William Thompson
Age - 54
Hometown - Moyock, NC
Occupation - Blackwater Employee
Former USCG rescue swimmer.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Nosred]

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
To anyone still monitoring this thread, I would like to extend my apologies.

I never intended to vanish from my work here, but at the time this kicked off, my marriage fell apart and I am long since divorced. For those of you who contributed, excellent work!

It'd be cool to start her up again, but whatever is cool with me. I'm in the midst of a massive eBook project at the moment and my free time is toward that and smoking cigarettes - LOL.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join