It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative Project: ZOMBIES!!!! (working thread)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Thanks! I have a great character in mind. How does this go exactly? Just right a bio for this character? Does s/he have to tie into the other characters? For instance, if someone is an ex-government spy, does my character have to know this ex-spy or at least be in the same area?

--airspoon

[edit on 16-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

No, mostly you jsut create a regular person and as the story intertwines we will meet eachother.

Or if you want to work with another writer you can create a character that knows that character etc...

I would suggest as this is your first collaboration that you post your bio and what not in here, and we can help you out with it

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
**** ALERT ****

Make sure you are starring everybody's posts in the story thread, show support for your fellow writers

It's an ATS tradition!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
AWESOME first posts guys!!!

Let's keep this up!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi.

I have a page or two of stuff. I'm finding that I have myself in a travel predicament; as my character is succumbing to the effects of the virus.

I think I need to be captured and taken to a FEMA camp, or something. I'm in St. Paul Minnesota and am just going around eating the brains of whoever is left in my neighborhood. I doubt I can make my character seem at wits enough to climb into a vehicle and drive...

Anybody want to schedule a rendezvous?

Here's what I got thus far...

Dr. David M. Demetrius M.D. P.H.D.
Hungarian Immigrant Age: 38
Class Valedictorian: '08 Graduate School of Medicine Univ. of Penn.
100% Scholarship Recipient
Employer: United Hospital (St. Paul Minnesota)
Resident ER Physician/On-call ICU
Chronic Insomniac

The shredded flesh hanging down his cheek-bone looks grotesque to him in the mirror as he contemplates the last few days’ events. It’s been seven days since he has eaten… He reaches for his Grandfather’s barbers -scissors then begins to sever the flesh from his face. Oblivious to any pain, he shears-off the largest piece in one swift motion. It falls into the sink. He wastes no time completing his task, and is soon wiping his face with a towel.

Ever since the morning he had to hide himself in his basement; running down-stairs and sealing the door shut with whatever he could find to wedge it closed, he has been incensed with despair, and morbid thoughts of suicide. But given his back-ground he knows the effects of Necro-Mortosis.

When the outbreak first took hold in his beloved city of St. Paul, he was the attending emergency room physician. He stuck to a regimented diet and exercise routine, as sporadic as his working schedule would allow him to be. But now, all is forgotten. He reaches down into the sink and takes a piece of the flesh. He smells it. He turns it about as to inspect it. He then places it on his tongue. He is surprised at its salty taste. He nibbles at it at first. Its texture is like a saltine cracker dipped in soup for just the right amount of time. Just the way he loved it. Before he realizes what he has done, there is no flesh left in the sink.

He then scrambles to the door and throws himself against it to keep whatever it is on the other side from getting in. He hears more than one voice moaning and groaning beyond the door. The door soon gives way and he is horrified by the faces staring blankly ahead. He makes a dash through them towards the stairs, and reaches the top step. Hoards of strangers’ faces turn to look at him. His once upon a time tidy kitchen was now ransacked; nothing was in its happy place. His home was nolonger happy.

He makes a run for the front door hurdling bodies as he goes. He reaches it, turns back to see if he is being followed. The intruders pay more attention to the bodies being devoured. One body that appeared to be one of the fresher/ less decomposed was sat up-right in a chair. He recognized her face. It was the face on most of the pictures on the mantelpiece. He knelt-down before her and taking her hand in his, he began to release what remained of his numbing emotions. He got back on his feet then grabbed her in a cradle from the chair. Brain matter oozed down onto his arm as her head relaxed on top of it.

He fell to the floor with her in his arms. He looked around the room and saw the many faces staring at him. The room fell silent. He pressed his lips on hers. He petted her head and it felt to him like nothing he had ever experienced prior. He let her body rest on the floor. He sniffed his hand. He licked his hand. He then immediately reached into her skull and pulled-out some brain matter and began eating it.

Having not quenched his hunger, he rises to his feet. He again looks around the room. His visitors are all making their way towards the door, and leaving. He files in behind them, and together they forge into the next home, across the street. Screams are heard in the up-stairs back bedroom. He forces his way up the stairs and proceeds to his next meal. Along the way he finds a hammer sitting on a laundry hamper in the hall-way. Underneath it is a picture frame. He takes a hold of the hammer and raises it above his head. The little girl is in a fetal position in the corner of her room. He swings the hammer down with the claw end penetrating her skull. It gets stuck. He wiggles it loose, and then swings another blow. This time with the blunt end, her skull caves-in. One of the zombies reaches for her brains; David swings the hammer down upon his skull. It cracks wide open. As his brains fall from his skull, another zombie reaches for a handful. He proceeds to the little girl lying prone on the floor, dead, and commences eating her brains.

As he helps himself to the little girl’s warm brains, one zombie tried to pick-up the hammer. David connects his elbow across that zombie’s chin, retrieving his eating tool. He clutches it in one hand while he finishes his meal with the other. Soon afterward, he rises to his feet then leaves the room in search of the little girl’s family members; the O’Tooles’ from across the street, a fading memory losing its self in his mind. After searching all three floors and finding only other zombies in search of food, David makes his way back outside. The moon is full and rising above the tree-line. The sky is dark with thick clouds rolling-in. Most of all of the other houses on the street have their lights turned off. As he makes his way down the street, he sees one with its lights on. Then he sees movement beyond the lacey curtain.

He looks to see if he has any companions or rather, meal contestants. There’s at least seven that he can make out in the darkness of the street. He squeezes his hammer then heads for the door. Just as he tried to turn the knob, the door swings open.

“You came to the wrong house tonight!” Mr. Stanley Leonard, the retired Philadelphia beat-cop says as he pumps his twelve gauge shot-gun, raising it to David’s forehead.

“Click” He pumps it a second time.
“Click” Oh God, he mumbles.

David grabs the shotgun by the barrel and pulls Stanley closer. He swings his hammer and sticks the claw into Stanley’s ear. Then he pulls Stanley out the door onto the porch. After he struggles to remove the hammer from Stanley’s ear, he enters the house and heads toward Stanley’s wife Sarah. She is hiding under the dinner table. David grabs her by the foot then pulls at her. She is screaming so loudly and kicking at him that he gives-up, and begins looking around the house for Daphne, Katy’s best friend.

The rest of the house is silent except for the screaming going-on upstairs. David found Daphne hiding inside the dryer. Her restlessness gave her away.

ETA: formatting difficulties

[edit on (6/16/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Wondering if it's too late to jump on the zombie train here. This seems like a cool story idea

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Never too late! All are welcome to come aboard whenever they wish.

Just post your character idea in the working thread so we can all take a look at what you'll be doing for a character.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi there. This is my charecter;

name- Glyndwyr Hauberk Repast. (Glyn for short.)
sex- Male.
age- 26.
occupation- Events Manager for a Promotions company based in Cardiff.
Also currently in the T.A. (Territorial Army) serving as an Infantry Soldier with 2 tours to Afghanistan.
rank- soldier. (previously a Lance Cpl. But nearly got kicked out of the T.A. For not following orders, hence his demotion to soldier.)
background info- Lived with his German grandfather ( Fritz Repast, born 1920) who was a P.O.W. caputred in WW2, and later returned to live in Wales in 1955, later got married to a Welsh woman and had a son at the age of 35, in 1955.
Their son Harry got married to Barbara Davis, a farmers daughter in 1975, and they later had 3 children. (Lolo, Peter and Glyn.)
Glyn was the youngest of the 3 and was born in 1984.
His parents and brother and sister died in a car crash (in 1990) when he was 6yrs old.
And was raised on his inherited farm by his grandfather untill his death in 1996 (aged 76.) The farm was sold and Glyn was put into an orphanage (at age 12) where he was bullied untill he left, at age 18 when his inheritence kicked in.
He attended Cardiff University studying Business Management whilst working nights as a security guard untill graduating early in 2005 and being a member of the university Karate club and Fencing club, whilst trying to break into the 'upper class' social circle.
Started working for 'Regalia promotions' and took charge of the company using his inheritance in 2006.
At this time he Joined the T.A. and would spend a few days each month on Training and Expadition skills courses.
Went to Afghanistan twice in 2007, patroling allied bases in Helmand and stopping a suspected bomber and averting a tradegy. This action would later save his job in the T.A. after striking an Junior officer who was fresh out of Sandhurst military accdemy in his 2nd tour.
After a lengthy dissaplinary he resumed the position of Soldier determind to work his way back up the Military ladder with in the T.A, whilst flirting with the idea of Joining the Regular Army.
Back home, his promotion company got a lucrative deal with helping promote the 2008 6 nations rugby tournement but then took a big hit after, due to the recesstion making the company lay off most of its already small work force and resulted in Glyn having to sell a villa he had purchased in Spain that also later turned out was built illegally and bulldoozed resulting in his investment being lost.
He is currently engaged to Rosalie Evans after dating her for 3 years, who keeps putting off the marrige due to her farthers (Jhon Evans) dislike to Glyn.

current location- Brecon Beacons (Wales) on a training exercise.

I made this long to indicate the charecters lack of disabediance and also why he gets commited to things since they usually later get taken away.
All in all though, hes a hard worker.

Id like a bit of help on Military terms. Like Ranks, and words used.
My knowledge on it is rather rubbish..

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 17/6/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Awesome man, can't wait to see you in the story thread with this character.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thanks man.
Wondering if you know much about Military terms?
Im struggling with the promotion structure and terminoligy.
And wonder if theres a diffrence between US and British ranks?
Ugh.. Lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Really loving the story guys, awesome start!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sorry I have been out of the loop for a few days, I've been sick with the flu, YUK!

Anyway where are we with the story?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm intimately familiar with the US military and its procedures [been in the Army for 8 years] lol. I don't know a lot about the brits but I'm sure if you googled their ranks you could find some helpful sources.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yeah, just had a look on Wiki and followed a few links.
Suprised how many ranks there are.
I counted 18! Didnt realise there where that many.. Thats if its right.
Also done a search on weapons used etc.
And what made me laugh is how extensively the Rifles and equipments coverd.
Ah well, Bullpups is my charecters choice of zombi slayer. Lol.
My charecter will end up in USA though and see whats up with them M16's...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That's the vehicle my guys are operating out of - for now. Hee hee. Fuel's going to get pretty scarce here in the near future so they won't have such overwhelming force for long I don't think.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's their personal weapons of choice, well - what they were assigned before the Z war started.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm still here and no longer struggling with my character's disabilities. It's slow in coming together though. I've been thinking that the Dr. is going to make his way to the Upper Mississippi River outside of Minneapolis and hide himself in one of the river boats.

The River boat will still be in service, to a degree, acting like a mobile command center as it makes its way South towards the gulf of Mexico. But because of the ecology, the boat only goes so far as St. Louis.

I have a neat little feast aboard that river boat for the Dr. It should be posted up by the end of the day.

Our story so far is out standing. This is really fun!

ETA an up to date summary.

[edit on (6/18/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi again.

I have it posted now. It's kinda hard to read because of my formatting. Plus, it uses up two posts.

I'll admit that I threw some stuff in there that might not be appropriate. I apologize. I made it to a certain point and could not reach my intended goal as well.

I'm kinda worried now after its already posted that maybe I've gone off course entirely, and may offend anyone.

Somebody please u2u me if there is a problem?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Its good! And makes a diffrence, what with your charecter being a Zombi!

What I think though, is that we need more writters taking part, to add more diversity to the story.

But all in all, I think its going pretty great

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Thanks. You're doing a fine job yourself!

And I agree, we could use more participants.

All in all though I'm having alot of fun with this!

I added another segment of my character making his way to St. Louis Mo.

[edit on (6/20/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Sorry for the inactivity, my husband is recovering from major surgery so I've been a bit tied up in RL.

Will try to get something up before the weekend

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join