It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative Project: ZOMBIES!!!! (working thread)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Alright writers, I'm back in the game and want to start churning out new material for the ATS writing forums. I think the best way to go about that would be to try to spur people into action to work on a collaborative project.

That being said.

Let's do a collaborative zombie story.

I know, sounds crazy - but it could be awesome.

The way I see it is as follows:

1) A virus, modified by the US Government was accidentally unleashed into the public around the year 2001. After that, the outbreak started.

2) It is now the year 2005. The outbreak has reached global proportions and nearly all major population centers have been overrun by the zombies with small pockets of humanity attempting to survive.

3) The story, for all intents and purposes will be primarily set in either the US, Australia or the UK.

4) People can be various factions of humans - OR - if someone wishes, they can be a zombie/group of zombies.

If enough people hop on board, I'd like to kick off the actual story thread within the week so we can get the ball rolling.

If you have any questions, please post them and I will answer them as best as I can - this is our working thread and will be used for personal introductions and the like.

Let's get to it, writers!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hi.
I just got promoted today! Loveguy, that's me.

Who's gonna be the main character? Is the President going to be a hero, or does he, or she die-off with his cronies in the shelter?

I see grand potential! This sounds like fun. Maybe an animal can be the secret to the solution, in the ?happy? ending?? It's your gig, and I'm just happy to lend any ideas.

Also, I'm a virgin in the collaboration dept.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Instead of having one main character, I'm thinking this would be a cast of several "main" characters working through the storyline.

As for the President, well - he got bitten in the first stages and had to be put down by the Secret Service.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Come on writers, where are you guys? Let's get this ball rolling!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm game Luder.

This sounds like fun.

I think I might want to play a Government Agent ish person trying to find a cure or something of that nature...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Awesome! Sounds good to me.

Let's try to get more people, I want at least 5 before we start the story thread so it's not just the three of us posting.

I'll be writing in as a character as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I will send a few U2U's to prominent writters, perhaps some new people who want to get writter status. I'll have them post in here..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Awesome man.

Hopefully this will take off.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hey,

I just received my writer status today and I'm in on the zombie effort for sure!

Definitely sounds like a zombie of a time!

Yet remember I am a newbie here to the writer forum, and collaborative efforts, so all help is appreciated.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Awesome! Welcome to the thread.

Those of you who are participating so far, go ahead and hash out exactly what you want to do as far as your character is concerned.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Also, I'm a virgin in the collaboration dept
Me too, but I don't think this is going to hurt much.

I'm in, if you all will have me

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Of course! The more the merrier.

I look forward to seeing where this is going to go. I'm projecting around Wednesday this week for a starting point on the actual story thread.

We can hash out what we're going to do from here until then but as of right now, I don't care where everyone starts or what they do - but I think I'd like us all to wind up as a team at some point in the story, whether we're brought together by fate or by pure happenstance.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by loveguy

Also, I'm a virgin in the collaboration dept
Me too, but I don't think this is going to hurt much.

I'm in, if you all will have me

All virgin's welcome

Come now, were a conspiracy website, I bet half our users a virgins in some way or another

Glad to have you both on board. I'm sure mf_luder will be pleased.

~Keeoer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My questions are:

What do I do?

My character? Hm, do I choose one?

Can my part include more than one character, like a zombie dog side kick?

Anyway seriously what should I develop for my character?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
We can hash out what we're going to do from here until then but as of right now, I don't care where everyone starts or what they do - but I think I'd like us all to wind up as a team at some point in the story, whether we're brought together by fate or by pure happenstance.

I like that idea.

A bit of solo and then a get together.

It'll be interesting to write a pro government character in that setting.

~Keeper

link   
Any type of human survivor you want from anywhere in the US, UK or Australia or if you want - play a zombie. It's up to you.

link   
If you are interested

You may want to take some ideas from the below site, of how a zombie outbreak could begin (bearing in mind copyright of course)

www.zombieworldnews.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

In most stories, we can have only 1 main character that we actually control and then a host of NPC's that anybody can control if they come in contact with them.

This is mf_luder's baby though so it's his call

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
just an off-the-cuff. I have no idea what I'm doing here. Just freeforming.

She lumbered down the slough, splashing in the muddy water, unaware of everything, except her primary goal -- to feed. The buzzing in her head was driving her mad -- like worms rubbing together, their mottled skins a scratch of sandpaper.

Movement ahead and she fixed upon it. Much of her upper body was exposed, but she didn't care; she was beyond caring about love, family, self-respect, guilt or pleasure.

She was hungry and nothing else mattered.

Her name had been Madrid in another life, but those sounds were meaningless to her, less important than the odor of gasoline. She knew gasoline. It hurt. She knew fire and she knew pain.

Somewhere back in Telford, she had left her right index finger and thumb behind. The throb was an annoyance compared to the buzz in her head that wanted to feed. Movement is good. Movement is food.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Nice!

So zombie character it is lol

Very cool persective.

Luder, are we gonna do character intros with stats?

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join