It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oilacane will cause famine, food riots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Now it starts to get real interesting.

Our first hurricaine of the year may be starting to form:

Watch hurricaines as they progress here www.nhc.noaa.gov...

When the first Hurricane comes rolling in and picks up all that toxic goo, it will dump it all over our crops across the eastern united states. Stop and think about what that will mean...

This is going to get real bad. Stock up on food now!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Good grief, that's all we need!

I just don't know how much more the U.S can take without collapsing.

With the meteorologists saying this years hurricane season could break our old record, its not gonna be a good day in paradise...

I agree though , better stock what you can and as much as you can because I think we are looking at something that is gonna be horrific.

Maybe they can name the first hurricane.................................BP
Better Pray

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Call me skeptical.

I just feel that the "raining oil" fears are way overblown.

How do clouds form? By evaporating water , of course.

Why does water vapor float? Because it is a very small and light chemical.

Oil, however, is a very large complex combination of chemicals.

Petroleum is a mixture of a very large number of different hydrocarbons; the most commonly found molecules are alkanes (linear or branched), cycloalkanes, aromatic hydrocarbons, or more complicated chemicals like asphaltenes. Each petroleum variety has a unique mix of molecules, which define its physical and chemical properties, like color and viscosity.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please read this in depth.

The alkanes from pentane (C5H12) to octane (C8H18) are refined into gasoline (petrol), the ones from nonane (C9H20) to hexadecane (C16H34) into diesel fuel and kerosene (primary component of many types of jet fuel), and the ones from hexadecane upwards into fuel oil and lubricating oil. At the heavier end of the range, paraffin wax is an alkane with approximately 25 carbon atoms, while asphalt has 35 and up, although these are usually cracked by modern refineries into more valuable products.

The shortest molecules, those with four or fewer carbon atoms, are in a gaseous state at room temperature. They are the petroleum gases

So basically the only thing that CAN float, are the gases. And these gases probably will not cause too much toxicity in the rain.

Also, if this Oil were to cause a Atmospheric catastrophy due to a Hurricane passing through; than ask yourself this question.

How come a billion cars driving every day does not cause our rain to become mortally toxic? Now the truth is, ACID RAIN is real and happens in highly congested areas where tons of pollution build up.

But Rain is the way nature cleans the atmosphere of toxins anyways.

So my main points are summed up as:
1) Oil is too heavy to get into the clouds
2) Only gases will reach the cloud layers and remain there to eventually be dispersed by falling in rain droplets.
3) These natural gases are nothing compared to the toxicity of all the Cars and Factories spewing pollution right now.

So therefore, I have to say that you are blowing all of this out of proportion. There is a 99% chance that all of this is exaggerated and getting a bit hysterical.

Let's try to be rational about this and seek scientific answers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree with you, and was discussing it with my family when something hit me like a ton of bricks. If it was only oil, there wouldn't be a problem, but the incredible amount of poison dispersant being sprayed could be devastating.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here we go if this forms into something watch out. I actually hope they do have something to control the weather in this case.

Always watch the other hand this story is huge and many things can slide by while we search for a truth they already know.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Call me skeptical.

I just feel that the "raining oil" fears are way overblown.

Couldn't agree more. I think we should be more concerned with amount of storms this hurricane season produces and the intensity of those storms. I think the actual increased impact of oil due to a hurricane will be more limited to areas that are impacted with storm surge.

As for the hurricane season, the tropical waves we're seeing coming off the african coast now are not typically seen until August and September. And so far it does look like this could be a record breaking season. The sea surface temps (SSTs) are already at the degrees they was at the peak of last season.

new topics

top topics

join