It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakenings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hello all,

In 2000, I had what could be called an "awakening" of sorts. In that, I mean myself and several others suddenly became aware of the unseen.

We had obtained a book which spoke of "energy transfers/building/etc." and decided that we were going to try one of the methods in there to see what would happen. Well, after we set down and started to meditate a bit the room suddenly came to life with spirits. At least we thought they were spirits at the time. Since then, I have constantly been drawn to/exposed to the paranormal in various forms throughout my different stations and countries I've visited while in the Army.

My question is - do any of you have similar stories you can share or any guidance on exactly what the hell occurred back then to set me down this river of currents which bounce me from place to place where people need help?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Maybe if you elaborated a bit more on how the experiences played out it would be helpful.

Such as, what you mean by spirits, what your interactions with them are like, etc.

One thing I have heard is that when you see outward manifestations like demons or spirits, etc., (and not residual hauntings, but active spirits) they can sometimes be of your own creation. (Manifestations of your unconscious anger, guilt, fear, even love perhaps, etc.)

The way the different entities act (or the paranormal experiences they cause) can be a big clue to what kind they might be.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thing's never quite look the same after this thin veil of reality is lifted, ... do they ??

As far as guidance, I probably couldn't provide much. For every layer of reality I peel back there is just another to understand.

Yet the way is within, the universe will guide, and provide.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What was the books name?
I'm not sure if I want to read it or stay way from it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Alright, here's what happened in detail.

We were all outside deciding exactly what we were going to do. So, after a few moments of deliberation, we came to the conclusion that it would be best for us to try this "energy" method and see what happened. We moved into his living room and sat down on the couch/chairs and I guess for lack of better wording - focused.

About five minutes after this, we got the tingles on the backs of our necks/spines and our hair raised and we suddenly became aware of (I don't say "see" because it wasn't a visual thing) several entities/spirits in the house with us. The most important ones were as follows:

A guy and a girl (male and female)

A six foot tall, dark entity that sort of lingered about and watched us. (We called him a watcher, but after I found out what they were, I don't think that's what he was.)

The others that were there dissipated rather quickly and we didn't get a handle on them - plus - being that this was the first time that anything like that had ever happened, we all unassed the house as fast as humanly possible...

The reason the three are more important in my mind is that the guy and the girl (sorry, it's what we started calling them) would follow either myself or one of my friends around throughout the week, seemingly just watching what we were doing. We never attempted to nor made contact with the two of them, we just knew they were there.

The six foot tall, dark entity posted itself up at the end of the hallway in my friend's home and would stand there (imagine a bouncer type w/ his arms crossed) and just stare at us - he stuck around for about a good 2 1/2 years before he moved on. He never moved further than that one location in the hallway.

There was also one final entity, but based off of the established fact that I'm a hunter, I'm not going to go into TOO much detail about this one.

A red-haired female entity also appeared outside of my house while we were researching one day, probably in late 2001? Ever since then, she hasn't left.

This may all sound hokey - I know - but this was the start of what's been my life up until now and this is literally the first time that I'm going "public" with this information, hoping to get new insight as to what the hell is going on. I have done similar posts in bits and pieces throughout the years in various sites, but I feel now's better than never.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I wish my friends liked ATS. Everything I know about spirits I know via them. They hang out constantly on ghost hunting/paranormal boards. I have had an experience myself, but not with spirits, it was more with the "Ultimate Reality" mystic type experience, not like this. I dont remember them really talking about this sort of experience.

Have you tried asking them whats up? (The spirits?) If they are lingering around you guys, maybe they want something?

One thing I do remember them talking about was a location haunting, and in that case someone "invited" spirits to become present, but once there they did not leave. They actually had to do something to disinvite the spirits, in order to end the haunting. It may be different if it is YOU that is haunted, and the spirits are attached to you somehow.

I will tell them your situation the next time we speak and see if they have anything more useful.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I appreciate it, but keep in mind - the information I provided occurred right around the mid 2000-late 2001 area and as such, I no longer have communication with those spirits. When I left to join the Army in 2002, they stayed.

It would be interesting to get some more insight, though.

My father still tells me stories of a "presence" that will approach him in the backyard at night and he'll get a feeling of dread from it. The kind that makes you want to run back inside as fast as possible and throughout the years on leave, I've also felt this presence and we've all heard - noises.

Don't know.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I understand that dread feeling, the house I grew up in had much activity. Not just the presence of the once seen shadow person, but so many physical happenings. Once our TV captions on a blank pay-per view screen spelled out "Who dares disturb my sleep".
Between all the physical activity such as being pushed upward while sitting on your bed multiple times, constant clatter in the closets, keyboard typing, hairdryers going off at 2:00am, watching a tv antennae bang back and forth in front of you, I could go on, the veil of reality like a previous poster said certainly does peel away.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm one of those previous skeptics, mostly left brain people who eventually had enough spontaneous experience to open to psi and related ideas. As a result of my involvement for about 15 years online in such topics, I've run into a lot of people who report things like you're talking about. Where they never really tried or much, and then one day they really got it together, often with others, really made an effort and suddenly -- there it was. And of course then they had no idea what the hell to do about it LOL.

I tend to think that someday we'll find it's all a matter of physics. Like our brain is wired to exclude all but a really tiny % of the universe of frequency sine waves and beat patterns, and then something happens by accident or intention and suddenly what we can perceive is just a tiny bit over the border of our previous limits. Whether how we interpret and model that perceptually is the same for everyone is unknown. But certainly lots of people have encountered what I call "identities." I call them that because one does not always know if we're talking about a thoughtform residual impression, an entity, a hallucination, a projection of self, or . . . what. It might vary. Maybe even the way we model these things is kind of simplistic and dense but we're working with a limited and unpredictable dataset so it's not an easy thing to study.

I have noticed though that there is a certain... well put it this way. You know how the first time most of us saw those 3-D "magic eye" pictures we just saw a bunch of noise. And most people it took actual effort of trying before finally our brain "found the pattern in the seemingly random visual noise" and all the sudden, there was that picture in freakin 3D and the first time everyone is like, oh my god, oh my god, that's so amazing, it's like I can deeply INTO the picture, wow, wow! But once we did that... and a few others... it was easier. Now I can pick up one of those pics or see something in a book or magazine and within a couple of seconds my brain "finds the pattern" and shows me the previously 'hidden' picture.

Well I think the kaleidascope of energy that is the soup we live in (Jungian Stew, I call it), functions kind of like that. Sometimes people's brains, one way or another, just suddenly "find the pattern". Now how much they let through and how well they remember is another story. But all the sudden, they are actually perceiving all kinds of stuff that is just not supposed to be real and not supposed to happen. Between myself and many people I've known over the years, and I'm talking highly skeptical white collar folks sometimes that seriously don't know what to make of it, and are frightened by it, and only confess it to me because I manage to believe in the offbeat but sound reasonably uncrazy when conversing about it. Much of this genre of experience you really cannot bother telling people because it sounds so impossible or so crazy or even humorously stupid -- like if you were going to make stuff up, it would make so much more sense, lol.

But I think once the brain finds the pattern, at least on occasion when defenses might be a little down or interest of late a bit higher than usual, folks are just suddenly open to things 'from that pattern'. I think it really is a sort of pattern or energy recognition and that's why people tend to get a certain genre of experience (eg nature spirits vs. aliens vs. entities vs. dead people vs. sheer imagination) but not so much blend.

I'd just accept it. Nothing you can do at this point and you know what, the thing to learn about identities is that in most cases, you "pay" attention. The more thought/focus/energy you put toward other identities the more you are basically supporting that. Best to think of positive futures and the angelic parts of self or God that can create new good things, rather than focusing on what those things ten years ago might have been. My $0.02. Hope it all works out for you.

Best,
RC

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Do you have any idea what you are seeing then?

new topics

top topics

join