It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein, Ancient Sumer and The ET Connection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Originally posted by RyannVonDoom
Too bad maybe..maybe not's pretentiousness gets in the way of the discussion about the topic.

And it also gets in the way of mostly all other threads that I post in this forum. It really becomes tiresome sometimes.

There is an old saying; "Don't feed the trolls!"
Reply only to those that has deserved your time and attention by making a statement that has a foundation in respect for your view and is based on logic.

I like you threads, BTW

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But please refrain from stating your OPINIONS as if they are FACT.

But please refrain from stating your OPINIONS as if they are FACT

All I seem to see from your posts are either rehashes of older posts (the search function is your friend here) or extreme speculation seemingly after indulging in some interesting smoking material (not saying you do, just what it seems like).

While it CAN be commendable for thinking outside the box, it is also extremely worthwhile to do one's own research rather than rely on other members doing the 'googling' for you....and while it is good to have the opinions of other members, setting the foundations of the thread firmly is important, rather than basing them on conjecture and hearsay and then complaining when people call you out.

The museum was pillaged, in my opinion, because there is a large black market in the antiquities.

If Saddam had had access to UFO technology, you can be sure he would have used it, or died trying.

UFOs purposefully crashing? That's just crazy talk right there, fella!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
The museum was pillaged, in my opinion, because there is a large black market in the antiquities.

Do you really think that the most powerful country in this world which happens to have the most powerful army in this world would start a war over there and because there is a large black market in the antiquities they would therefore for the purpose of some extra earnings rob those museums of thousands of antiquities in order to sell them to the highest bidder?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No, the war was about oil, and geopolitical strategic location and , at a push, covering up the WMD mess. But not aliens, sorry.
The museum pillaging was a by-product of the invasion, not a cause for it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

First off, no one here is complaining about others sharing their views and opinions. I plan to work together with other members on ATS so that we can all get to the truth of things. This includes taking into account all views and opinions.

However when ones views are consistently presented in an pretentious and ostentatious manner, It may confuse other members who are not well read on the subject and may cause them to accept these views as facts that are written in stone.

This tends to bog down a thread and is counter-productive.

As far as your theory on the antiques being stolen to be sold on the black market, I think that's truly laughable, however I may be wrong therefore I respect your opinion. Anything is possible.

GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
First off, this isn't an attack on the OP but after reading through this thread I have to go with Maybe....maybe not on this one, sorry.

Somebody created a thread a few days back with the trendy word ' Fail ' in it. For anybody who didn't see it, there was discussion over the way this board is going ' down the pan ' steadily in recent times, with some of the more outlandish posts mentioned. Well it just seems to me that the content is just getting whackier every day, again sorry if that bothers anyone. Are we that desperate while we wait for (cough) disclosure ?

Anyhow to what was going to be my original point. The very first thought I had when I began reading was after I read that evil dictators have had contact with ET was...... Didn't do them much good then did it ? Hitler, Saddam and the rest of 'em I mean.

Come on folks, let's not make the bullets for the sceptics to fire eh ?

Please ?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
No, the war was about oil, and geopolitical strategic location and , at a push, covering up the WMD mess. But not aliens, sorry.
The museum pillaging was a by-product of the invasion, not a cause for it.

Do you have next week's California Lotto numbers too?

There's more to discuss, and why rehash a thread that is ancient/stagnant? Are you paying for the bandwith used to make another thread? Are you a mod to tell us how and when to make threads? If so by all means. If not you know what to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyannVonDoom

Do you have next week's California Lotto numbers too?

There's more to discuss, and why rehash a thread that is ancient/stagnant? Are you paying for the bandwith used to make another thread? Are you a mod to tell us how and when to make threads? If so by all means. If not you know what to do.

X2

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

As far as your theory on the antiques being stolen to be sold on the black market, I think that's truly laughable, however I may be wrong therefore I respect your opinion. Anything is possible.

GeminiSky

Is anything possible, really? I consider the black market option to be eminently more plausible than some uncertain alien connection. ATS isn't just for kooks and nutjobs, but also people who are quite knowledgeable in different fields.

Sure, it's interesting to entertain possibilities, but not in denial of reason or logic or facts.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I assume you are one of those people who are "quite knowledgeable in different fields"?

I am very humbled to have you as a contributor to my thread.
Thank you.

GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Maybe...Maybe not, If you do not agree with this theory, you are entitled to your OPINION on the matter. But please refrain from stating your OPINIONS as if they are FACT. It only leads to confusion for other members who take a genuine interest in discussing the topic at hand.

Thanks!!
GeminiSky

Maybe...Maybe Not is merely asking you--and other readers--to consider the source, one of the first and easier steps in any sort of rigorous analysis. He further points out a weakness in this ET/Iraq theory by debunking the already oft-debunked video included in the first source.

There seem to be two audiences on this forum: one which enjoys and nearly requires some sort of objective analysis insofar as that is possible, and another that is more geared toward spinning out a string of speculative questions with little or no backup.

"Was Saddam in league with aliens?" "Did Iraqis reverse-engineer alien tech?" "Did US invade Iraq to gain alien tech, under cover of a WMD argument?" At this point we can as easily and effectively ask whether Saddam was in league with Nessie, John Titor or Popeye the Sailor Man. It's all just wild speculation.

One or two facts ("America invaded Iraq") followed by a bunch of unrelated suppositions ("Did America invade to retrieve the crashed alien craft?") makes for entertaining reading (see "Holy Blood, Holy Grail"), but it does not get one any closer to the truth of the matter.

So, speculate away and revel in it! Many of your threads are very imaginative and entertaining, and lead one to a great deal of speculation, but just understand that some of the more "by the book" members such as Maybe...Maybe Not or karl 12 seem to be--in my opinion anyway--more swayed by sourcing, analysis, evidence and data as opposed to a lot of "what if?" questions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join