It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan is a Gold Mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now we know why Afghanistan was worth tackling. Al Qaeda doesn't really exist, but sounds great on TV. That organization only exists to provide a face and a name to our enemy, otherwise MSM would have a hard time pronouncing all the random tribes who want to kill us.

Is anyone excited to here Afghanistan is going to become the Saudi Arabia of mining? Now we can have two rich Muslim countries who pretend to be our friend while funding their radicalized public.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Al’ Qaeda dose exist, some conspiracy theorists say that they don’t exist just because their existence complicates 9/11 conspiracies. However since the start of American combat operations in Afghanistan, one could argue (as Jason Burke dose) that Al’ Qaeda does not exist because most of its leadership no longer exists or is operationally effective.

Now i do not belief the official story surrounding 9/11 however any conspiracy theory must accept the existence of Al’ Qaeda. What dose annoy me is when the press use the phrase “Al’ Qaeda linked” that really is just a easy way to appease the public really what the press are saying is “we don’t know anything about this group, neither do the public, cause they are stupid so we’re going to pretend they are AQ”

However aside from the technicalities of the existence of Al’ Qaeda this story is really quite interesting. I am wondering who is going to profit from this

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

How much money has and will be invested in the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan? Look it up.

How much are the natural resources discovered supposed to be worth? I'm sure you have looked it up, since you are creating a thread about it.

Even at the latest estimate of roughly 3 trillion dollars, the amount of resources that a corrupt government would be able to "smuggle" out of the process would not be worth the investment.

I'm not one of those "debunkers" that I see people referring to all the time (ingorant label in my own opinion). I am merely a fellow truth-seeker, with a good bit of experience, wisdom and knowledge on the subject at hand (Afghanistan, War in). The reason(s) people kill and are killed in that conflict are complex, varied and some are probably unknown; but I assure you, metals, minerals, oil and any other natural resource (within Afghanistan) is not the reason we are there, and it's not why Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are engaging in daily conflict.

new topics

join