It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Discovers Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And everyone thought we were just killing our 20 year olds for oil,silliy people theres more to a war then OIL!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well if the old bin laden trick didn't work, they figure this one might get us in the mood again. it could help us get out of debt, more military effort needed without you people crying about. i'm all for extracting every penny from afghans pocket, unless of course they can defend it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

... most of the jobs will be outsourced to foreigners. It wont do squat for the economy....[edit on 13/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

I think your wrong. Afghanistan has an able workforce ready to work and willing to leave the poppy fields. The mining companies would be foolhardy to employ high priced foreign workers when they can pay less than half for Afghan labour.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultrageek
This is amazing to read. I'm dumbfounded.

I was under the impression that all of the recent wars were after oil. It's brilliant (in a bad way) that we (U.S.) go after the source for all of our batteries. I just counted 7 items in my house that use lithium batteries.

The push for "new" energy from the White House, and the President himself - makes this whole situation transparent.

Am I wrong, or does the forthcoming Chevy Volt have one of the biggest lithium battery packs in a production car in history?

So you are postulating that they are manufacturing those batteries from Afghan lithium that hasnt even been mined yet?

Fascinating!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

I think your wrong. Afghanistan has an able workforce ready to work and willing to leave the poppy fields. The mining companies would be foolhardy to employ high priced foreign workers when they can pay less than half for Afghan labour.

Foreign workers are very different than hired labor. See India. Foreign engineers and company execs are going to profit, afghan labor is going to be exploited. That is how business works.

I am however glad to see that the real reason for us being there has been revealed. The terrorist angle was growing old and people were starting to question it. I am sort of amazed that it is coming down to another source of energy....again. Guaranteed the oil companies have their hand in this somehow.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Unnoan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sure they just found it and it's not the real reason we are there. Resources In Perpetuity through the World Banks.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is awesome news! More War! More War!

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Great and now they can invade it totally, right? Yeah... "We need minerals, we need money, we need oil...yeah..." Hungry NWO freaks.

kix

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They went there to get Ossama.... almost 10 years ago.

That is very efficient, 10 years to locate a guy?

And then they "find" large deposits...

Wonder who the real terrorist are in this tale.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So who do these vast riches of minerals belong to? Afghanistan? Or the US? Maybe we can pay off some our national debt

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I wonder if they have found a lot of "rare earth" minerals in A'stan...
China were the main exporter of such minerals until they decided to keep most of them for themselves last year.
We need a new source of rare earth minerals for all things high tech,comms satellites,computers etc.
How convienient(and ironic) if it turns out a'stan can provide the west with such materials.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the plan all along.
I just watched the "rethink Afghanistan" videos on liveleak,check out part5,where a couple of former CIA guys seem downright opposed to the notion that US troops in Afghanistan are making America a safer place to live.

They seem to be almost hinting that there were always other motives for the war.

Hmmm,resources anyone?

www.liveleak.com...

Thats part5,but the previous 4 are worth a watch IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I only wish to see a nation brought out of the Sixth Century and closer to the Twenty-first. Some peace wouldn't hurt, either

yeah in a perfect world..but look at the facts that history provides us with..
Has a western county EVER recuperated its war losses from countries that we have involved ouurselves with ..NO never..The American Taxpayer has been left holding the bag for every mis-adventure that the US has ever been involved this is fact EVERy country from the Philipines and the Marcos, Noriaga and Panama, what went down in Honduras, Shaw of Iran, on and on. We will never see reutrns from Iraqi oil revenues, we will never see any returns from the revenue of the vast mineral deposits of Afghanistan.
Why is the US military in either of this countries..because the benefit of these actions will never be seen by the the American people they have not, will not and never will reap the fortunes of war. The European Corporate world the infamous NWO cant wage war only business, its a great scam .....The US is again lead by media made public sentiment to support another bull# excuse to use our military might at the expense of the american taxpayer to subsidize this industrial exspansion ism in the guise of "National Security" which is contoling the public opinion thru fear mongering neither Afghanistan or Iraq was behind the Twin Towers attack..
I'm a veteran, I've been on the ground in these countries and others not mentioned and I've seen our politics at work. And I hate being lied, used and enslaved to support corporate expansionism at the expense of the American taxpayer! Dammit this is our country, the governement works for us..grow a set and demand accountability fire people till the questions get answered and there is full acountabilty for our tax dollars. For once hold a President to his election promises..its nothing to with the color of his skin its the color of money...we are sold every election and yet we come back for more every 4-8 years..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
More like "U.S. suddenly Discovers Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan"

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

nice find! another country to plunder...you can say wat you want... america never attacked and occupied a nation with no national mineral mines ore resourses...
at least the afghan civillians can now pay the price for democratie...1 billion dollar and slaves forever...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For any of you who still think these wars are for humanitarian reasons, please see the truth. We are stealing from poor people. The afghanis will never see a dime of the mineral profits. We will never let them have any money to fight against us. Be ashamed of America.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha

Originally posted by empireofpain

ALL HAIL THE GREAT AMERICAN EMPIRE!

"THEN CONQUER IF WE MUST
WHEN OUR CAUSE IT IS JUST
AND THIS BE OUR MOTTO
IN GOD IS OUR TRUST"- United states ational anthem.

Is that the national anthem of DEBT?? Because you do know China and Japan finance everything you silly country does... for how much longer who knows.

But I bet you say all your shiny things are worth being owned by communists.

it was a joke lol

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm not going hijack this thread but, technically Communism is the greatest form of direct democracy there is.

Thats why it always fails.....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yehhh. This fact precipitate the argument that there is no reason in that war.
Now there is a reason. lol

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
looks moore like the equvalent of "king Obama mines "

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is my first post; I joined ATS just to respond to this thread. It looks like some other members are thinking along the same lines so I'll simply be echoing a bit but it's awfully fishy that they "discover" these lithium deposits and announce it while this oil/volcano crisis looms. Obama called this the biggest crisis since 9/11 and just like 9/11 we can find the solution to our problems beneath the ground in Afghanistan?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join