It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad neglect and abuse of animals who give us so much

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i feed wild birds in my garden & pet guinea pigs there too, wild birds have got it bad too, as bad as the rescued animals. They've got cats stalking and torturing them slowly to death and raiding their nests so they can do same to the chicks. they've got squirrels raiding their nests for eggs and magpies which hunt them daily too. Then they've got many kinds of birds of prey hunting them all day, and residents of this council house estate shooting them for fun. In winter there's hardly any food anywhere for them so sometimes half starve to death, and we have emptied the seas of fish so the seagulls are inland here hunting all the small birds too. fox's and dogs have a go at them too. Cats sitting for hours trying to work out a way to get to my guinea pigs too, or near to the birds in my trees.
All the animals neglected by people would have it harder in the wild, at least they ok now, one way ppl can help animals escape torture is to never buy a pet cat, when u see wot they get upto with torture you realise they the most awful torturers of animals alongside some ppl

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Each person is a `godhead` by right and choice. By taking action for the better, each creates a paradise for self and others. Prayers may work through thoughtful intentions but getting the work done upon inspiration than sitting in front of the computer, for example, is better.

And if it means to clean out your bird bath and putting out some food for the critters of the wild, that means a lot, really. Even the hornets drink from our bird bath. Doesn't that tell you how effective one's action plays a role in all living?

[edit on 2010-6-14 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I went to horse camp when I was 12. Where you learned to take care of horses, it was for Girl Scouts.

I was grooming this one horse, white and covered with freckeles. I groomed once side and got to the other. There were black scars all over its side, neck. When i got to the head, there was a divet about 3 inches long and 1 inch deep. I asked the instructor about it, the horse was severly abused. The scars were from whips, the divet from being hit in the forehead with a hammer.....

And here this horse was teaching girl scouts how to ride.

But you have to wonder at the mind of a person who has so little empathy, How were they raised?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A very important thread. Thanks for bringing it up.

I find it interesting that people in this thread write in a more relaxed way, than what I normally see on ATS. As if, people are more at ease... And content.

Could be my imagination though.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
it's always those who advocate animal abuse on others who are the real dangerous ones - animals get treated worser in the hands of these people instead of the actual owners.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IAMNOTWHOITSAYSIAM]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join