It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i love you philip morris!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Has anyone yet seen the film as mentioned above?

how does one get a job in NASA's finances with a fake resume with their own references and get away with being a lawyer and get over the system that many times..

just imagine who could actually work for these high corps and be plain old joe!..

I can't believe NASA didn't even check the guy out, and not be even checked for hiv!

and yes it is a true story

The story begins with Russell, played by Jim Carrey, on his deathbed recalling the events of his life that led him there. He begins with his life in Texas as a happily married police officer who plays the organ at church, has sex every night with his wife (Leslie Mann) and spends his off hours searching for his biological mother who gave him up as a child. But after a violent car crash, Russell leaves his life and family behind to go out into the world and be his true self, which is a gay man. He moves to Miami, finds a boyfriend (Rodrigo Santoro) and begins living a luxurious gay lifestyle. He realizes quickly though, that a life of luxury is expensive, leading this resourceful former cop to turn to a life as a conman. But when his con work finally catches up with him, Russell is sent to prison where he meets, and almost instantly falls in love with Phillip Morris (Ewan McGregor). From there it becomes a story of a forlorn lover who cannot bear to be separated from his soul-mate. He will go to any lengths to be with Phillip, including but not limited to walking out of jail pretending to be a doctor, after stealing a badge and painting his clothing, ordering his release pretending to be a judge, impersonating Morris's lawyer and fraudulently becoming the CFO of a major corporation. He also simulates suffering from AIDS, and forges records to indicate that he died from it.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's easy.

Make someone believe you are who you say you are by representing evidence, social behaviour, and common stereo types. *cough* Obama *cough*

Boom, boom, and boom.

Although most people don't think its worth it, this man obviously did.

Yes, I saw the film, very good one indeed. Shows how a flawed system causes flawed consequences, allowing for more flaws in the system.

Cool movie indeed. Movies like that can teach you a few common tricks, that will just about work on anyone.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Never heard of this movie before and surprising given the weight of the main actor. To be honest, seem Jim's name almost made me stop but then I remembered his great work in "The Duck Factory" and went on. Sounds like a great story. How much of it would you say was doctored for entertainment purposes? Just a guess if you had one. I am definitely going to go get this, it just sounds like a good story either way. Thanks for bringing this topic to ATS where I happened upon it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

how he got away with being a lawyer beats me, surely you would notice an odd man acting suspiciously in a court of law and have him checked, I'm surprised the other lawyers didn't check him out, but there you go.

i wonder how much of this is happening all over america now

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
why would they name some random prisoner "Phillip Morris"?
that is very confusing..............

[edit on 26-6-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In order to get ahead in the system you need to cheat. This guy just proved it. I have even thought of myself to cheat the system just to get into my field of work. It ain't hard to do at all. I mean even the infamous kevin smith (director) did it himself. well, to get loans to make his first movie any how....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This was certainly much easier before the Internet and other advanced technologies made vetting a person easier.

new topics

top topics

join