It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Unbelievable Theory of Evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vimanarider
I am fairly certain that pretty much every 8th grade science student contemplated this very thing upon seeing an image of an atom and an image of the solar system...at least I know I did.

Exactly. I'm also fairly certain that 99 % of people don't know that electrons are nothing like planets on some elliptical orbit.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
malfunction

[edit on 14-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

As I'm sure 99% of people know that elliptical orbits are not the only kind of orbit you can find...

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

This is sort of a philosophical idea and its one I've pondered quite often. What if each solar system was the equivalent of an atom in the Universe and it was all, when viewed from outside, one massive organism or something. The expansion of time space we call the Big Bang would be like the start of the life cycle. Certainly an interesting idea, whether its true or not I don't know, science is still in the early stages of understanding where the Universe came from and what its actually made of.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Source states: relatively circular orbit. I'm under the impression that 100 % circular planetary orbits don't exist (or at least have not been observed yet).

[edit on 16-6-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Would this mean that inside of my body and in each of my cells are a tiny universe with it's own tiny residents thinking the same thing? *Jumps up and down*

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Something I thought of as a kid way back ...as crazy as it sounds when we were first introduced to the atom.

The universe may not be an organism like a human for that matter....it could very be a leaf, a tree branch, a spore or even a gigantic golf ball rolling around.....

Perhaps all things are relative on a scale. Where a second in that world may be irrelevant...here every bit of that second could stretch into eons.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The universe as a living organism.... maybe why the Ancients viewed the Planets as living entities, complete with characters and emotions.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Planets were peculiar because they didn't move the same way than other objects in the sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't think the atom analogy fits in now though coz electrons jump and planets don't.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonardo01

I don't think the atom analogy fits in now though coz electrons jump and planets don't.

Not to mention that that model of the atom has been obsolete for 100 years. The current model describes the atom as a 'probability cloud'.

The common idea of an atom as a planetary like construction is based on the Rutherford Model. The Bohr Model is a newer quantum mechanics based version of the Rutherford Model.

The Bohr Model is a primitive model of the hydrogen atom. As a theory, it can be derived as a first-order approximation of the hydrogen atom using the broader and much more accurate quantum mechanics, and thus may be considered to be an obsolete scientific theory. However, because of its simplicity, and its correct results for selected systems (see below for application), the Bohr model is still commonly taught to introduce students to quantum mechanics, before moving on to the more accurate but more complex valence shell atom.

The current model is the valence shell model whereby electrons occupy 'shells' with a given energy level. Their position is not given by an orbit, but by a 'probability cloud' called an 'orbital'.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Hello True-seer,

I would tend to agree with your theory as I have had the same thoughts. I look at black holes as veins to carry energy through the body. Stars as the thermometer and energy producer for the body and mind. Planets are used to create intelligence that is used in the brain. Those are just some of the ideas I have had so far.

Added- Or that our own solar system is an atom with the sun as the nucleus and maybe the solid planets with life are protons, the gas planets are electrons, the planets that are solid but don't contain life are neutrons, and the shell of the atom that keeps us all together is the gravity from the nucleus (sun).

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Does that mean that God could be a big fat guy working at a gaz station eating hamburgers and scratching his butt once in a while ??

Well, then i vote for an alternate universe quick!

If masons knew this they would tell us right ?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
Does that mean that God could be a big fat guy working at a gaz station eating hamburgers and scratching his butt once in a while ??

Well, then i vote for an alternate universe quick!

If masons knew this they would tell us right ?

Lets just hope he doesn't fart or something...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join