It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever tried writing while asleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When I was younger I used to try to tap into a "psychic" energy that I was told existed in everyone. I often would fall asleep with my journal on my leg and my hand in a writing position.
Never did I awake to anything but scribbles however I am still a bit interested. So has anyone ever written any messages in their sleep?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I may have done a few things in my sleep (Honest i was sleep walking) but i have never written anything.
There are cases of people going to visit friends/relatives/workplaces while technically asleep.
I have never heard of sleep writing though.
I would avoid telling anyone you may live with about this, you may wake up with a novel.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Try taping a pen to your fingers or fashion something like a glove with a pen attached to it, think of a way to keep your hand from moving away from the writing pad as you sleep, and you might write something. It might be risky though, could poke out an eye

Might be a stupid idea, I've never tried it. I have tried to sleep with a notepad and pen, however I ended up scattering the things over and under my bed.

I don't sleepwalk, so I don't know if my hand would move like I was writing if I wrote something in my dreams, I might just move it around like a dog or something.

Interesting idea though... maybe if you're lucky you can write out the winning lottery tickets

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would be scared to fall asleep with a pen in my hand. What if my eye itches when I'm half asleep ???

anyway, although you may not be able to write while you sleep, you certainly can read, or learn. Edgar Cayce used to fall asleep on top of books when he was younger, and he would absorb the information somehow.

I too get lessons sometimes, on whatever I'm thinking about before I go to sleep.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I'm going to try lying on my stomach with my head laying away from the notebook. Doubt that I could write numbers, but maybe this may help me remember my dreams.
Who knows I'm going to try it tonight although not with tape.

new topics

top topics

join