It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird star again...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No its not the same 'star' that people are describing. What you are seeing in the south eastern skies at 2am - 5am is Jupiter. What the majority of people are discussing is a 'star' which is seen in the west - north west sky around sunset. This should be Venus.

Sounds like you are from somewhere in Kent?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sightings

Spoke to a mate whos clued up on astronomy....He said its Juitper too.

Kent?........Almost, i'm in surrey.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
no, jupiter is in the equatorial plane east by the time we see it , easily identifiable with binocs you see it look like a dad gum golf ball wit two bright moons south or right of it as it rises about midnight.
what's this one to the south east? i'll go looky!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Hey GBP.

Just had a look, its there. Though not as bright as yesterday.

And still no twinkle so it definitely ain't a star.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
[edit on 25-6-2010 by starztonight]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

link   

link   
I am sorry for the multiple replies. I thought my computer was on the fritz again and clicked on the enter keys several times.

link   

link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

The sun had set but it was still light out. Venus was pretty high in the sky to the right of where the sun had just set below the horizon. So, yes, it was to the south of the setting sun. I looked for it while it was still light because several people mentioned in their posts seeing it during a time when it was not dark yet. I've read a lot of posts where people mention chem trails and such, but nothing has obscured this planet since the beginning of this year. I live Los Angeles County, the Valley specifically, with all the smog, Burbank Airport 3 miles away, various smaller airports within a 10 mile radius, light pollution, June gloom, you name, nothing has obsured the the brightness.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If that is Venus, that's the brightest I have ever seen it. And it has been like that for at least a year now. From Montreal, Quebec, I think it's in the Nortwestern part of the sky. It is visible well before any other star in the sky. That sucker is one bright celestial body, if it is a celestial body.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Jupiter is currently at its peak brightness of magnitude -2.94 rising about 6PM and is visible all night weather permitting. It's about 4AU from us now and this is what you can see through a modest telescope or high power binoculars right now with the 4 moons Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto clearly visible:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7759c7f2d44.jpg[/atsimg]

Venus is at peak brightness of magnitude -4.55 even though the phase is waning due to the change in angle of incidence of sunlight as its orbit brings it closer to us. It's very clearly visible after sunset being the brightest object in the sky and sets at about 21:30. As its orbit is inside ours, when its closest to us (0.27AU) we'll be looking mostly at the dark side of it so the brightness will be a bit less then (end October) and increasing again after that. It currently looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32943abf4762.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 19/9/2010 by Pilgrum because: grammar/typos

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It could be planet x or Niribu maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join